BREAKING: Revis is supposedly meeting with Jets tomm. Will be wrapped up by Thurs

jaspegs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did I say Tannenbaum is completely devoid of wrong-doing? Yes, he's good at what he does in a cut-throat business. I don't agree, however, that he ALWAYS is d***ing over players. Leon was offered a pretty good deal before he got hurt. Mangold is now the game's highest-paid center by far. And if the offers that were reported for Revis are true, then he definitely was NOT getting disrespected.

You can't have it both ways. You can't praise Tannenbaum for being the anti-Bradway while bemoaning his "lack of morality". You need a businessman in the GM role. You can't have a guy who is going to give 29-year old RB's contracts that last until they're 36 and put a team into cap hell. I think Tannenbaum has done a good job of putting the Jets in a good position to succeed while not completely ripping off the players. If he were such a bad guy there wouldn't be so many players proud to be here.

And even if you're right about him, at least we have Rex here to play the Good Cop role. Players are always willing to sign for a bit less if they love the coach.

Well yeah. Agree with all of this. Except i think Tanny is a bigger douche than you think he is. And i believe the bolded portion hits the nail on the head--which is why Rex went to Florida and not Tanny.

And for the record, i never bemoaned his "lack of morality". It's a prerequisite in the multi-billion dollar business that is the NFL. I doubt Exxon or Microsoft hire on the basis of the "nicest and most honest CEO" wins.

And for the record, i never bemoaned his "lack of morality". It's a prerequisite in the multi-billion dollar business that is the NFL. I doubt Exxon or Microsoft hire on the basis of the "nicest and most honest CEO" wins.

Exactly. So what is there to complain about? Are you suggesting that Tanny being a douche will keep us from winning football games? We have the most talented roster in franchise history. Tanny's done his job just fine.

Archived