So, how important is a win this Sunday?

NIGHT STALKER

If this team is to follow Rex's proclamation that we are Super Bowl bound, only one team has lost the first two games and went on to win the SB...the 1993 Dallas Cowboys.

History tells us to get on the stick this Sunday.

In 2001, the Pats lost to the Bengals and Jets to open at 0-2 and then went on to win the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl? Seriously, this team needs to pump the brakes on Super Bowl talk and just focus on: a. not turning in another disjointed and embarrassing performance; and b. get enough wins to make the playoffs. After that, we can see if there is a Super Bowl run in this sad sack cast of characters. That said, a win against the Pats will go a long way towards righting the ship. It is too early for a win or loss to define our season, but 0-2 would suck. Then again, maybe it is the head-slap the Jets need to get their $hit together.

Giants went 0-2 in 2007. Two of the last 9 SB winners started the season 0-2. Four of the last 9 started 0-1.

No team has ever started 0-3 and won the SB.

I think the Cowboys were the first team to start the season 0-2 and win the superbowl. I believe, but am not certain that no team has ever gone 0-2 AT HOME and then won the superbowl.

In my opinion, it's not the way you start and it's how you finish. Hell yeah I want to win this Sunday but it doesn't mean the season is over. Dolphins always start of slow and are always in the playoff hunt. Broncos started off 6-0 and missed the playoffs. Titans started 0-6 and ohmost made the playoffs.

One game at a time. It's a long season.

One loss in the division one in the confrence would not be good unless we finish with more than 10 wins. A loss on Sunday puts us in a hole not just at 0 and 2 its who the 0 and 2 is to. We will be in a hole in tiebreakers if it comes to that. It also leaves us with 6 home games and 8 away games to come up with 10 or more wins.

Archived