Sam Bradford 68.1

Derek Anderson 67.6

David Garrard 66.7

Shaun Hill 66.7

Joe Flacco 66.3

Alex Smith 66.2

Jason Campbell 61.9

Brett Favre 60.4

Especially satisfying - Brett Favre coming in at a cool #30.

Sort that list by completion percentage, yards per attempt and total yards and it looks a whole lot different.

Really? you're going to argue about passing stats after 3 weeks in?

who cares at thsi point, outside of the guys that do it every year, we don't even have a trend yet

Sort that list by completion percentage, yards per attempt and total yards and it looks a whole lot different.

Strange. It's not remarkably different when you sort by TD's.

Jets fans have a lot to be happy about with Sanchez. He's got 0 turnovers, his completion percentage is up, and his ypa is a very respectable 7.1. In a three game sample that includes a bad game against a great Baltimore dee - overall, I'm pleased.

Jets fans have a lot to be happy about with Sanchez. He's got 0 turnovers, his completion percentage is up, and his ypa is a very respectable 7.1. In a three game sample that includes a bad game against a great Baltimore dee - overall, I'm pleased.

This. Only reason I posted.

Glad he's looking good so far. Not trying to make a grand statement. That's something exciting to see from your 2nd year QB when he's supposed to be the franchise.

That's all certainly true.

But there are effciency measures (QB rating, completion percentage, TD/INT ratio) and productivity measures (yards per attempt, TD passes and total yards) that evaluate the overall performance of a QB.

That's all certainly true.

But there are effciency measures (QB rating, completion percentage, TD/INT ratio) and productivity measures (yards per attempt, TD passes and total yards) that evaluate the overall performance of a QB.

I get that.

I don't expect Sanchez to be a league leader in total yards anytime soon. It's just not the offense the Jets run. Yards/attempt is my favorite stat for evaluating QB's, and since his abysmal 3.5 ypa against the Ravens, he's posted an 8.2 over the last two games to go along with his 6 TD's. That number would put him between McNabb and Peyton Manning for #6 in the league. I recognize that's cherry-picking, but we'll see how the season goes from here.

For right now, Jets fans have plenty to be happy about.

No, but my point is QB rating is not the end-all in evaluating QB performance.

I think when it's off-the-charts good or bad it's meaningful. Between 75 and 95 you can have a guy doing a great job with a far lower QB rating than one who's mediocre or worse. Just favors dumpoff passes with higher completion percentages.

The best stat so far for Sanchez is 2-0 in the division, and one of those being a victory over the Pats, where he out played Brady !!

Yep. Kids 2-1 vs. Brady. Me likey a lot.

Gotta be happy with him. He's playing well. You cant really ask for more. Just wished we'd have let him play in week 1. We might be 3-0.

No, but my point is QB rating is not the end-all in evaluating QB performance.

Yet Brees, Brady, and Manning are always at the top in QB rating. It does not tell the tale of wins and losses and it does not evaluate Playoff chokes which Favre and Manning have cornered the Market on.

Romo is beginning to join that choke bunch as well and he always has a top notch QB rating.

There are so many ways to look at it. But the bottom line is if your QB rating is above 95 your probably a pretty damn good QB who makes little in the way of mistakes.

Come Playoff time when you face a top defense every game, thats when the real chips are down. Thats were QB's like Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman and Brady rise above the rest. I think Brees has the chance to join this elite group of he can stay healthy and his team stays together. I guess if Rapistburger comes back this year he has the type of team that can win him his 3rd SB.

I get that.

I don't expect Sanchez to be a league leader in total yards anytime soon. It's just not the offense the Jets run. Yards/attempt is my favorite stat for evaluating QB's, and since his abysmal 3.5 ypa against the Ravens, he's posted an 8.2 over the last two games to go along with his 6 TD's. That number would put him between McNabb and Peyton Manning for #6 in the league. I recognize that's cherry-picking, but we'll see how the season goes from here.

For right now, Jets fans have plenty to be happy about.

Slats keep that in Mind when Santonio comes back. We seem to have abandoned the run, run, pass philosophy because it really hurts a Qb's rhythm. Asking a QB to only throw in tough 3rd down situations is much more difficult than letting him loose on first down. IMHO thats been our problem. Now that it seems we trust the kid to throw the ball on first down his talent is showing in a big time way. Much easier to complete a pass on 1st and 10 than 3rd and 10. So at least when those 3rd and 10's do come along your QB is warmed up.

We know Mangini was ultra conservative andd we knew Rex wanted to Ground and Pound Im starting to wonder if thats what made Shottys offense so predictable.Could it be Rex let Shotty and Sanchez loose ??

Archived