Homefield Advantage

Smashmouth

With the Ravens losing and the Steelers playing the Pats 2 more teams drop a game behind us, this is something we really need IMO.

I know we all hate the Pats, but which team losing tonight would be better for us ? Considering we play them both at the end of the year I would say root for the Steelers to at least give us the better chance to lock up the division. There is a very good chance the Steeler- Jets game will be for home field throughout and thats going to be one brutal football game.

Discuss

Too early to think about homefield. Its NOT too early to think about the division standings. I'm definitely rooting for Pittsburgh to put us, essentially, 1.5 games ahead of New England.

We'll get our shot at the Steelers in Week 15.

Its too early for the team to think homefield but its not to early for the fans to look forward to it. Hell we have the best record in the NFL... why not. I know if we run itno the Steelers in the AFCCG you would love to see it in the swamps, with the sirens, and the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets goin on :)

Its too early for the team to think homefield but its not to early for the fans to look forward to it. Hell we have the best record in the NFL... why not. I know is we run itno the Steelers in the AFCCG you would love to see it in the swamps, with the sirens, and the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets goin on :)

Even if I wanted to look forward to the homefield advantage race, I still wouldn't know who to root for in this one. How do we know that the winner of this game won't collapse or the loser won't go on to run the table?

Rooting for New England is the easy decision. You have to win your division before you can worry about playoff seedings. Besides, we have to play NE on the road whereas we draw Pittsburgh at home. Neither will be easy games.

win the division, then worry about seeds

pats* and phags still a threat, long way to go

on the way, root aganist the ravens mostly due to head to head tie breaker

if the jets beat the steelers, they should be looking at a top 3 seed

The bottom line is always the division and getting homefield for that first game, if not more games. If we have second best record in AFC behind NE, we're the 5 seed and go on the road. Pass on that.

This. We basically have only a half game lead on the Patriots if the Patriots win this week, more or less leaving that game AT New England deciding the division.

well jets fans get used to discussing home field. Its going to come down to 4 or 5 teams. Jets Ravens Patriots Steelers Colts .. We are very much in the discussion at 7-2. Biggest Threats IMO are the Steelers and Pats that being the case I think we have to root for the steelers tonight and then beat the steelers at our place late in the year to have a chance. This will come down to the wire so every game will have implecations including tonights. If your a Jets fan Im not sure how you can have a pulse without thinking about homefield. Start thinking like a championship fan base :P.

well jets fans get used to discussing home field. Its going to come down to 4 or 5 teams. Jets Ravens Patriots Steelers Colts .. We are very much in the discussion at 7-2. Biggest Threats IMO are the Steelers and Pats that being the case I think we have to root for the steelers tonight and then beat the steelers at our place late in the year to have a chance. This will come down to the wire so every game will have implecations including tonights. If your a Jets fan Im not sure how you can have a pulse without thinking about homefield. Start thinking like a championship fan base :P.

we play the Steelers in Pitt, where we're 0-11!

Archived