Some of you needed this epic loss.

Bob

Some Jet fans are so much better than other Jet fans.

Thank you. Its a goal in life to out due my own. ;)

You're predicting a win?

JK. I think that this game will speak a lot of the character of our team, coaching, etc. If we come out limp, not a good thing. If we come out and pound that phins, then I think it's safe to say we're a good team.

I think its safe to say we are a very good team who has the unfortunate timing of playing in the same division with the greatest QB/HC tandem the league has ever seen.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1. This is a test for Rex Ryan. With all his success he's still a 2nd year head coach. The question is does he have it in him to learn to be a better coach. There is clearly a problem when this team gets extra time to prepare. The offense for one is completely flat.

Maybe there logistically is a problem, but can someone explain to me why they can't practice at the new stadium? I thought I saw that Folk and other special teamers practiced there at some point this year. Mark becomes totally rattled and inaccurate, and when he does throw an accurate ball the receivers will drop it. They need to perform better in the wind and in the cold.

I absolutely believe he has to become a better HEAD coach. To me it's all about that word "head" in the sense that he has to make sure everyone, and everything is ready to go. The fact that the D has looked better than the O off extra time says to me Rex is still focusing too heavily on D. It's not a coincidence that BB is insanely good off a bye week, I hate the guy but that's plenty of proof to me.

I just think mentally Mark was overwhelmed last night. I'm not a psychologist or whatever but he just seemed like he entered the game waiting for the shoe to drop and once it did, he just couldn't get it together.

I just think mentally Mark was overwhelmed last night. I'm not a psychologist or whatever but he just seemed like he entered the game waiting for the shoe to drop and once it did, he just couldn't get it together.

This is more worrisome than everything else combined.

Kinda like the Knicks during the Jordan era.

Unfortunately, yes.

You kool-aiders really hate reality, don't you? Too f'ing bad. It is what it is.

I'm far from a cool-aid drinker...but I'm very happy with the reality that the Jets are 9-3 and play the Dolphags this Sunday with an opportunity to get 10 wins under their belt with 3 more games to be played.

Unfortunately, yes.

I'm far from a cool-aid drinker...but I'm very happy with the reality that the Jets are 9-3 and play the Dolphags this Sunday with an opportunity to get 10 wins under their belt with 3 more games to be played.

You and I are in the same boat. You're a bit more of a pessimist than myself but I haven't ever bought into the SB hype, or the fact that we're the best team in the NFL "by far".

-We're one of the better teams in the league

-We play in the same division as potentially the best team this year, and the best team of the last decade

-We have a young QB

-We have an inexperienced head coach

-There will be growing pains.

Yet if we make the playoffs again this year, 2 out of 2 isn't a bad thing in my book. This isn't college football where the teams with the best record automatically play for the title. In my opinion all you can ask for as a fan from a young QB and HC in the first 2-3 years is get to the playoffs and see what happens. If we get in and win on the road again, and then lost in the divisional round I'm not going to lose my sh*t. It's another successful year. But you'll have plenty of people who will still be complaining.

You and I are in the same boat. You're a bit more of a pessimist than myself but I haven't ever bought into the SB hype, or the fact that we're the best team in the NFL "by far".

-We play in the same division as potentially the best team this year, and the best team of the last decade

-We have a young QB

Yet if we make the playoffs again this year, 2 out of 2 isn't a bad thing in my book. This isn't college football where the teams with the best record automatically play for the title. In my opinion all you can ask for as a fan from a young QB and HC in the first 2-3 years is get to the playoffs and see what happens. If we get in and win on the road again, and then lost in the divisional round I'm not going to lose my sh*t. It's another successful year. But you'll have plenty of people who will still be complaining.

Its definitely my shtick to be the pessimistic negative Jets fan with a fun loving attitude. Always has and most likely always will. Not for 1 second have I ever believed this team was SB bound.

That said, if we have back to back playoff births it will be only the 3rd time in 20 something years...the thought of actually making a SB appearance will start to become more and more of a reality.

Good gloating thread, Bob.

Love Jet fans with "I told you so" threads after a loss.

Hey, it's not as bad as JI. They had a thread over there saying that the Meadowland fans should boo the Jets in introductions next week and throughout the game.

Jet fans are such tools.

SMC hes 100 % correct alot of us have been pointing out weaknesses all year long. What do you think our record is over the last 4 games ? Miami Chicago Steelers Bills ?? I would say we would be lucky to split 2-2 VERY LUCKY. As of right now we are not even going to get Home Field in the Wild card game because if the ravens who are 1 game behind us tie us they have the tie breaker as will the Steelers when they beat our a$$ in a few weeks.

Its definitely my shtick to be the pessimistic negative Jets fan with a fun loving attitude. Always has and most likely always will. Not for 1 second have I ever believed this team was SB bound.

That said, if we have back to back playoff births it will be only the 3rd time in 20 something years...the thought of actually making a SB appearance will start to become more and more of a reality.

That's what I said to my wife before the game last night. This is the best start since I was 4. So basically, the best start I can ever recall. Just win 2-3 more games, I guess I drink the kool-aid because I can't see this team not making the playoffs.

SMC hes 100 % correct alot of us have been pointing out weaknesses all year long. What do you think our record is over the last 4 games ? Miami Chicago Steelers Bills ?? I would say we would be lucky to split 2-2 VERY LUCKY. As of right now we are not even going to get Home Field in the Wild card game because if the ravens who are 1 game behind us tie us they have the tie breaker as will the Steelers when they beat our a$$ in a few weeks.

**** that...he's far from being correct. Who the F is he or anyone else for that matter to tell someone how to root for a team they love. If there are Jets fans out there that believe this team is SB bound...good for them and more power to them, even if you or I think they are delusional.

Its called being a fan. Nobody decides how you root for a team.

That's what I said to my wife before the game last night. This is the best start since I was 4. So basically, the best start I can ever recall. Just win 2-3 more games, I guess I drink the kool-aid because I can't see this team not making the playoffs.

The Jets are making the playoffs.

OK, now on a serious note. I think this was the best thing to happen to the Jets right now. they had been playing awful the past few weeks, and I would rather get a stinker out of the way now then at the end of the year or in the playoffs (Yes, Jim Mora lol)

Rex should have the Jets humbled and humiliated and mad AT THEMSELVES not the ******* Patriots and saying youd fight them again..lol..wtf does that do? :rl:

Agreed. I HATE what happened, but it could be necessary. I'm still holding on here man. :D

**** that...he's far from being correct. Who the F is he or anyone else for that matter to tell someone how to root for a team they love. If there are Jets fans out there that believe this team is SB bound...good for them and more power to them, even if you or I think they are delusional.

Thank you. I've never understood the need some have for everyone to conform to their personal style of fandom.

I tend to look more on the positive side, JiF tends to look more on the negative side, Bergenjet wears the rational face online but in real life he is one of the most shameless homers I've ever encountered, CTM actually roots for the Pats to beat the Jets (not really but I wouldn't blame anyone for believing that based on the way he acts sometimes,) EY is bipolar, The Crusher wants to believe but can't bring himself to it, BP believes all blessings flow from the fat Tuna and no one else will ever be worthy of coaching the Jets, 128 creams himself whenever an arena league player makes an NFL roster and his head would explode with joy if his ultimate dream came true and Kaysar signed as the Jets punter, Vicious is just plain realistic, Pac would blow Chad Pennington if given the opportunity.

We're all fans. There is no right way to be a fan and no wrong way to be a fan. Jets fans come at it from all possible angles which is why I laugh at those who believe that any Jets message board would ever descend into circle jerking if we got rid of the trolls. Jets fans will never agree on anything and some will never be happy - not even if the Jets win 10 straight Super Bowls by shutting out every opponent they play for 10 years.

Stop thinking people should think the way you think and stop gloating when you turn out to be right because the Jets lost. That's just assinine.

Thank you. I've never understood the need some have for everyone to conform to their personal style of fandom.

I tend to look more on the positive side, JiF tends to look more on the negative side, Bergenjet wears the rational face online but in real life he is one of the most shameless homers I've ever encountered, CTM actually roots for the Pats to beat the Jets (not really but I wouldn't blame anyone for believing that based on the way he acts sometimes,) EY is bipolar, The Crusher wants to believe but can't bring himself to it, BP believes all blessings flow from the fat Tuna and no one else will ever be worthy of coaching the Jets, 128 creams himself whenever an arena league player makes an NFL roster and his head would explode with joy if his ultimate dream came true and Kaysar signed as the Jets punter, Vicious is just plain realistic, Pac would blow Chad Pennington if given the opportunity.

We're all fans. There is no right way to be a fan and no wrong way to be a fan. Jets fans come at it from all possible angles which is why I laugh at those who believe that any Jets message board would ever descend into circle jerking if we got rid of the trolls. Jets fans will never agree on anything and some will never be happy - not even if the Jets win 10 straight Super Bowls by shutting out every opponent they play for 10 years.

Stop thinking people should think the way you think and stop gloating when you turn out to be right because the Jets lost. That's just assinine.

busey_clapping.gif

Ha! Nicely done.

Its my style to be a pessimist as a fan. I'm like that with every thing in life because I like to be pleasantly surprised. Hope for the best, expect the worst. Thats just me and flows into my fandom. Everyone is different.

FYI - in another thread, I was told I'm more positive than a Care Bear. Would you ever in your life expect me to be noted for my optimism?

-We have a young QB

+1 to this whole post.

Dude, it's 2010. Absolutely NO wildcard team has a home game in the playoffs. All 4 division winners host a home playoff game.

As to the last 4 games? I haven't got a clue, and neither do the homers or doomsters.

Great post.

We're all fans, the homers and doomsters and everyone in between.

That said, the Jets probably have the worst fans in the NFL. Everything I've seen on the Jet fan message boards and at the stadium confirms that.

Slow down big guy he was just pointing out that people have been talking about weaknesses on this team for a good while and others chose to ignore those comments or brush them off because we were winning games. Im not sure he was telling anyone how to root for a team at all. I only read the first post and I dont see him telling anyone how to be a "fan" I do see him saying dont be so shocked when alot of what yo might see down the stretch should not fool you too much since a lot of people have seen the writing on the wall for quite some time.

Dude, it's 2010. Absolutely NO wildcard team has a home game in the playoffs. All 4 division winners host a home playoff game.

As to the last 4 games? I haven't got a clue, and neither do the homers or doomsters.

Lost my mind there for a sec SMC for some reason I was thinking the WC played each other just temp insanity :) But if both WC teams win and face each other you can get Home field in the AFCCG right :)

Good gloating thread, Bob.

Love Jet fans with "I told you so" threads after a loss.

Hey, it's not as bad as JI. They had a thread over there saying that the Meadowland fans should boo the Jets in introductions next week and throughout the game.

Jet fans are such tools.

Thats because at JI you have teenage kids sniffing glue and wearing theirs mothers undergarments while posting. Truth is a lot of us saw this coming and a lot of us decided to not look at it and hope for the best. no way this REALLY surprised anyone who has been watching this team play this season.

Truth is last year Rex counted us out of the playoffs around now and the Patriots won the division going away. What happen next? We got lucky when Indy sat Peyton and the Jets hit their stride and made a nice run at the AFC championship. Patriots had a letdown at home and the Ravens stomped them into the off season. Thing is I'd rather lose one now then in the playoffs because you get no second chances in the postseason.

So let's see how Rex rallies our boys and see what happens with this epic wake up call. We still haven;t saw the best game from these guys and I'm choosing to think it's still coming. Plus the Pats look great but they have shown weakness against certain teams. Let's hope they kiss the baby game one of their playoffs again.

My biggest downside from last night is I finished a $77 bottle of bourbon I was hoping to make last for a few games, LOL

Slow down big guy he was just pointing out that people have been talking about weaknesses on this team for a good while and others chose to ignore those comments or brush them off because we were winning games. Im not sure he was telling anyone how to root for a team at all. I only read the first post and I dont see him telling anyone how to be a "fan" I do see him saying dont be so shocked when alot of what yo might see down the stretch should not fool you too much since a lot of people have seen the writing on the wall for quite some time.

You said the OP was 100% correct...about what? That some fans deserve this loss for drinking the kool-aid? Not once did the OP point out a single perceived weakness of this team but you told SMC that he's 100% correct.

He said that someone of us needed this loss to see reality - but you dont see him telling people how to be a fan. :blink:

PREACH ON BROS!!!!!

Thats because at JI you have teenage kids sniffing glue and wearing theirs mothers undergarments while posting. Truth is a lot of us saw this coming and a lot of us decided to not look at it and hope for the best. no way this REALLY surprised anyone who has been watching this team play this season.

Truth is last year Rex counted us out of the playoffs around now and the Patriots won the division going away. What happen next? We got lucky when Indy sat Peyton and the Jets hit their stride and made a nice run at the AFC championship. Patriots had a letdown at home and the Ravens stomped them into the off season. Thing is I'd rather lose one now then in the playoffs because you get no second chances in the postseason.

So let's see how Rex rallies our boys and see what happens with this epic wake up call. We still haven;t saw the best game from these guys and I'm choosing to think it's still coming. Plus the Pats look great but they have shown weakness against certain teams. Let's hope they kiss the baby game one of their playoffs again.

My biggest downside from last night is I finished a $77 bottle of bourbon I was hoping to make last for a few games, LOL

Good thing I only plowed through my 45 dollar bottle. I feel better now, thanks Crusher.

Humbling loss indeed! Too many of us Jets fans were overconfident(nice to get those comeback wins earlier in the season but the Patriots are in a whole different level than the Lions, Texans, Bengals etc).

Rex Ryan & crew should be better prepared in big games like these. Rex should have a sit down with the players and tell them if you aren't gonna bring your 110% (i know it's an overplayed cliche but it applies here) then get the hell out of the team.ole different

Of course no one will take us seriously anymore, so it us up to them to practice harder, watch more tape, and step on the field a more focused team.

POTW, winner!!

Am I the only one who had trouble sleeping last night?

All my dreams were Crusher related, I hated it. Ive never been this depressed about a loss in my life.

Sorry DLJ. My natural sexiness come out after drinking a half gallon of Bourbon. I will check myself to correct myself next time.

Am I the only one who had trouble sleeping last night?

All my dreams were Jets related, I hated it. Ive never been this depressed about a loss in my life.

Really? Why? Its one regular season game that means very little in the grand scheme of things. Losing the AFC Championship with a half time lead in 98 and 09, were much more devastating for me...besides the fact I knew we'd lose last night.

Really? Why? Its one regular season game that means very little in the grand scheme of things. Losing the AFC Championship with a half time lead in 98 and 09, were much more devastating for me...besides the fact I knew we'd lose last night.

I dont know I just took it really hard! Im staying away from ESPN today

You said the OP was 100% correct...about what? That some fans deserve this loss for drinking the kool-aid? Not once did the OP point out a single perceived weakness of this team but you told SMC that he's 100% correct.

He said that someone of us needed this loss to see reality - but you dont see him telling people how to be a fan. :blink:

JIF fans dont deserve any loss due to their perspective thats just silly. I was looking at this (and the way I interpreted what he said) as the Jets have shown various weaknesses in a few areas that are very concerning to some fans while other fans just brush that off claiming OMG were 9-2. Thats it. Maybe 100% was a bad way to put it, but I was not under the impression he was trying to tell anyone how to "root' for a team. He was pointing out that others saw the weaknesses that seem to be consistent all year .

When a team becomes a winning team the focus seems to change a bit for me from what do we do during the regular season and will it show up in the playoffs. We are now a playoff caliber team and every little weakness we show during the regular season will be exploited to its fullest extent in the playoffs. Some regular season teams simply dont have what it takes to beat these type of teams but their peers (other playoff teams) Do. A lot of perennial playoff teams beat down lesser opponents all year and may even get a big win vs a power house team but they always seem to lose in the play offs when the weaknesses are exploited thats how I see the Jets this year. THE PROBLEM is I think we have the talent to be an absolute beast of a team and were not coached very well and it eats away at me just like it did in the 90's until Parcells came here and changed the entire organisation. I believe in 98 the jets had the best team in the NFL and a few bad bounces and fumbles lost us the AFCCG that was totally on the players because that coaching staff was one of the best ever assembled IMHO. This team is the exact opposite loaded with talent and bad coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

Archived