Pool & Lowery

Jetsfan80

Not sure which of these guys was getting everyone lined up last night, but I thought the pair did a fine job. We didn't hear their names much, which is a GOOD thing. I can't tell you how tired I've been hearing Eric Smith's name called with the phrase "burned like toast" involved.

We didn't really seem to miss Smith much on special teams, so really, what value does he have to the team? I honestly hope he goes on IR so there's no chance we have to see him on the field anymore.

Not sure which of these guys was getting everyone lined up last night, but I thought the pair did a fine job. We didn't hear their names much, which is a GOOD thing. I can't tell you how tired I've been hearing Eric Smith's name called with the phrase "burned like toast" involved.

We didn't really seem to miss Smith much on special teams, so really, what value does he have to the team? I honestly hope he goes on IR so there's no chance we have to see him on the field anymore.

he is one of the few guys on the team who has blocked a punt!?!?!? does that make him anymore valuable?

Lowery got away with a huge defensive holding that most likely would have cost us the game, but his play was much better than I could have hoped for with Smith.

This is true, but if Eric Smith is out there he gets called for AT LEAST one coverage penalty while also getting burned badly on other plays, so I'll take Lowery getting away with one.

We don't really seem to miss Kris Jenkins much at NT ---- doesn't mean I wouldn't be glad to have him back right now.

P.S. Jetsfan80 Stop being lame

Pittsburgh seemed to be able to run the ball at will, especially when the backs would take things to the outside. In my mind, this is a direct reflection on not having a true strong safety for run support in the game.

You have to give Pitt credit though, their O-line has some good run blockers and Mendenhall was a powerful and shifty runner.

Lowery got away with a huge defensive holding that most likely would have cost us the game, but his play was much better than I could have hoped for with Smith.

If they called defensive holding, it would not have cost us the game.

If they called it pass interference, it definitely would have.

The latter was more likely the proper call.

Archived