I'd rather have to fix the D than the O

aec4

I feel more confident right now with the D needing to be fixed than I would if the reverse was true . of course, I wish nothing needing to be fixed.

Your thoughts?

Not having a pass rush cannot be fixed. Schemes are cool in the beginning of the season, playoffs need the talent and the Jets have no pass rush whatsoever. Shotty needs to be fired though.

problem is that nothing can be fixed till after the superbowl.

There are a couple of things I would try.

1. Rush David Harris on every pass play. He is a beast rushing the passer and very mediocre in coverage. You don't have to fly in the consultants on this one.

2. How can they deactivate Trevor Pryce? He is the Jets best inside pass rusher (except when they send Harris up the middle).

3. Activate Jamal Westerman and give him a shot on some rushes. He is quick and has some moves. He can't possibly be any more invisible than Bryan Thomas.

4. Stop with that overloaded blitz package. People have figured it out. It never works.

1. Rush David Harris on every pass play. He is a beast rushing the passer and very mediocre in coverage. You don't have to fly in the consultants on this one.

2. How can they deactivate Trevor Pryce? He is the Jets best inside pass rusher (except when they send Harris up the middle).

3. Activate Jamal Westerman and give him a shot on some rushes. He is quick and has some moves. He can't possibly be any more invisible than Bryan Thomas.

4. Stop with that overloaded blitz package. People have figured it out. It never works.

Pryce has a hip injury and I really thought we would have seen more from Westerman this year. He showed some promise last year but so far has contributed nothing this year.

He's been hurt, hasn't he?

he will be back for the playoffs, and I think guys like him and Taylor will play big in the playoffs. I like your idea about Harris. It certainly can't hurt at this point.

The pass rush has been a problem the entire season. I don't know if it is fixable this year at least.

The offense was fine today, it was fine last week as well. They need to keep the passes in the short and intermediate

range and make LT strictly a 3rd down Woodhead type of back. It is time for Greene to take over and be the main back.

I really don't know how you fix the lack of a pass rush. Blitz the inside more, maybe overload one side and bring someone from the other side instead.

Something has to be done though, Otherwise it will be a very short post season for the Jets.

They're personnel problems, not scheme problems. In theory it's actually a good thing because it can be fixed in an offseason or two. Big summer coming up for Tannenbaum though, lot of spots on the D they need to take care of.

Considering how we've drafted of late, "in theory" should probably be bolded.

They're personnel problems, not scheme problems. In theory it's actually a good thing because it can be fixed in an offseason or two. Big summer coming up for Tannenbaum though, lot of spots on the D they need to take care of.

Need:

New DL

New pass rusher/OLB

New S

Can't be done in one offseason, and by the time that's completely done we'll need a new LB corps and CBs.

Maybe they can tough it out come postseason.

Archived