The Player the Pats Sorely Missed

JiFtheOracle

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with jif.. our dline did a great job getting pressure and we sat on short routes exposing the fact that the pats really didn't have too much of a deep threat.. Moss changes the complexion of that game a lot imo

Richard Seymour 1000%. HUGE oversight by Belichick, even though they got a #1 out of it. They should have gone harder after Julius Peppers.

Poop. The offense couldnt do anything. It would have been nice to have a game changer.

What's better than when you have not time to throw then telling the greatest big play WR of all time to just run a straight line and let me take a 3 step drop to change the game?

Poop. The offense couldnt do anything. It would have been nice to have a game changer.

What's better than when you have not time to throw then telling the greatest big play WR of all time to just run a straight line and let me take a 3 step drop to change the game?

If the Patriots had any sort of pass rush, 21 points would have been plenty to win this game.

that 7+ minute drive that resulted in no points was the perfect example of why JiF is right. They normally would throw 50-60 yard bombs to try and come back quick. They were playing it like Chad Henne and the Dolphins when they are down big and needing a score fast. Throwing 6 yard passes in the middle of the field ain't gonna cut it. That's why I didn't feel so bad about the INT against Chicago-at least we played to win-unlike Jets teams in years past.

I agree with jif.. our dline did a great job getting pressure and we sat on short routes exposing the fact that the pats really didn't have too much of a deep threat.. Moss changes the complexion of that game a lot imo

I've been predicting this all season, I'm just shocked it was the Jets. Somebody was going to knock them off their rhythm and timing, which is what that offense is predicated on, and they would miss the game changing ability of Moss. And it happened...again, cant believe it was the Jets.

that 7+ minute drive that resulted in no points was the perfect example of why JiF is right. They normally would throw 50-60 yard bombs to try and come back quick. They were playing it like Chad Henne and the Dolphins when they are down big and needing a score fast. Throwing 6 yard passes in the middle of the field ain't gonna cut it. That's why I didn't feel so bad about the INT against Chicago-at least we played to win-unlike Jets teams in years past.

That was idiotic.. it's one thing to run the ball cause the defense was giving it, it's another to snap the ball with 5 seconds left every play. I was shocked that they were that arrogant. Never seen anything quite like that..

According to your picks, it does not happen so often. :P

Do you want me to start picking the Jets? You know they dont have a chance this week.

If the Patriots had any sort of pass rush, 21 points would have been plenty to win this game.

What? Your offense sucked. They couldnt do a thing. They missed a player like Moss.

I love being right...and I've been predicting this exact scenario since the trade...I'm definitely patting myself on the back right now because I cant believe it was the Jets.

Alk is right.

Yes, the 2007 Moss would have made a difference, but the 2010 Moss did not make a difference...anywhere.

A D that could get pressure on Sanchez would have been a bigger difference maker than Moss.

Your team just harassed Brady to death and you think Moss is going to make a difference.

Richard Seymour 1000%. HUGE oversight by Belichick, even though they got a #1 out of it. They should have gone harder after Julius Peppers.

Yeah, they got a #1 for Seymour that they finally get to use this coming April. Meanwhile, they've been without his services for two whole seasons and have done absolutely nothing to replace him. That was a horrible, horrible trade as was the Moss deal. They gave up Moss and got nothing of immediate value in return.

A trade that doesn't pay immediate dividends is NOT a good trade. No matter how much ESPN insists that it is.

Alk is right.

Yes, the 2007 Moss would have made a difference, but the 2010 Moss did not make a difference...anywhere.

A D that could get pressure on Sanchez would have been a bigger difference maker than Moss.

Your team just harassed Brady to death and you think Moss is going to make a difference.

Bwhahahahahahahaha....yeah, Moss doesnt make a difference.

new-england-patriots-moss.jpg?size=500&imageId=9814943

Alk is right.

Moss would've opened up the field, even the 2010 version..

Except that Randy Moss 2010 is a corpse.

Bwhahahahahahahaha....yeah, Moss doesnt make a difference.

Did you see the difference he made for the Vikings and Titans? Yes, if we could have the Moss from two years ago it would have made an immense difference. This years version of Moss? Not a chance.

Moss would've opened up the field, even the 2010 version..

Its unreal. I though Pats fan knew everything about Football. When you dont have time to throw, the perfect remedy is a 3 step drop, and tossing a go route to the best big play WR of all time...not all the little cute pick plays that take time to develop. Just pitch and catch. Its how you keep a D on their heels.

Patsies should know this considering they are the most knowledgeable fans in the biz.

Except that Randy Moss 2010 is a corpse.

Did this happen in 2010?

Did you see the difference he made for the Vikings and Titans? Yes, if we could have the Moss from two years ago it would have made an immense difference. This years version of Moss? Not a chance.

Right, I forgot about the spectacular QB play those 2 teams had this season.

Did this happen in 2010?

Right, I forgot about the spectacular QB play those 2 teams had this season.

Way to cherry pick one play. A play where Revis pulled his hammy and missed time right? What about the previous 4-5 games where Moss was AWOL?

First, given the way the D played, do you think Tom would have had time for a play to develop? Doubtful.

Second, given on how well Cromatrie and Revis played yesterday, do you really see that happening consistently in yesterday's game? Doubtful.

How the hell do you watch your team's D harass Brady to death and not realize that Defense was the difference yesterday? If Sanchez was harassed yesterday like Brady, the Pats are playing Steelers.

Way to cherry pick one play. A play where Revis pulled his hammy and missed time right? What about the previous 4-5 games where Moss was AWOL?

First, given the way the D played, do you think Tom would have had time for a play to develop? Doubtful.

Second, given on how well Cromatrie and Revis played yesterday, do you really see that happening consistently in yesterday's game? Doubtful.

How the hell do you watch your team's D harass Brady to death and not realize that Defense was the difference yesterday? If Sanchez was harassed yesterday like Brady, the Pats are playing Steelers.

I dunno...9 catches, 3 of which were TD's and averaging 15 yards per catch isnt AWOL where I come from...but you are a Pats fan so you know more than I would.

And you dont need a play to develop when you run a go route...man, its weird that you guys dont know this being Pats fan and all.

the threat alone opens up the underneath stuff..

You dont say. Do you actually mean to tell me that Randy Moss takes the top of a defense for a team that loves to dink and dunk? Crazy.

Who does that for the Patriots now?

they'll say brandon tate.. but nans on that

Its unreal. I though Pats fan knew everything about Football. When you dont have time to throw, the perfect remedy is a 3 step drop, and tossing a go route to the best big play WR of all time...not all the little cute pick plays that take time to develop. Just pitch and catch. Its how you keep a D on their heels.

Patsies should know this considering they are the most knowledgeable fans in the biz.

I don't ever recall saying I know more than anyone else about football but one thing is for sure. You'll never convince me that Moss would have been the difference in this game.

Archived