That Sanchez Fumble

madmikeisback

I disagree. I think the arm had just started to move forward a split second before the replay and I thought you could see that on the slo-mo replay.

The no-call on Harrison is absolutely unacceptable. The dude not only dove at a sliding QB after the QB slid, he compounded it by thrusting his elbow into his head. Harrison should have not only been flagged and fined, he should have been ejected and suspended for the Super Bowl.

Dude is a worthless goon.

Dude what game were you watching? Harrison let up on Sanchez because he slid. The dirty mofo looked like he was about to ram his arm straight into Sanchez, but let up at the last second.

When a QB slides he is not supposed to be hit - period.

He should not have waited so long to get into his slide. ;)

Funny when Brady is complaining you call him Cindy...but when Sanchize whines you all get your panties in a bind.

Funny when Brady is complaining you call him Cindy...but when Sanchize whines you all get your panties in a bind.

Brady complains to the ref if someone breathes on him. Sanchez just threw his arms up in frustration - and rightfully.

You're making a losing argument yet again for no other purpose than to piss people off. Stop being a troll and start being a person. You're better than this.

Harrison began his slide towards Sanchez AFTER Sanchez began his slide. He wasnt trying to avoid him, he was trying to make contact with him, and did... with a forearm to the head.

Dude what game were you watching? Harrison let up on Sanchez because he slid. The dirty mofo looked like he was about to ram his arm straight into Sanchez, but let up at the last second.

hard to see through green colored goggles..

if anyone watches the replay, it's clear the ball hits taylors helmet and becomes dislodged as it's still moving backwards..

re: the harrison thing, he definitely let up.. technically you could call a penalty there, but kind of ticky tack.. If that was scott on brady last week some of these folks would have exactly the opposite opinion and would be ragging on brady for whining for a flag

we lost, blaming the refs is silly

if anyone watches the replay, it's clear the ball hits taylors helmet and becomes dislodged as it's still moving backwards..

re: the harrison thing, he definitely let up.. technically you could call a penalty there, but kind of ticky tack.. If that was scott on brady last week some of these folks would have exactly the opposite opinion and would be ragging on brady for whining for a flag

The difference is if that had been Brady, the flag would have been thrown.

I do not who said it, but the "tuck" play could have gone either way. Whatever call was made, it would have too hard to over turn.

I do not know what I was more surprised on Sanchize's slide that he did not get a penalty or that Harrison let up. Probably the later.

The difference is if that had been Brady, the flag would have been thrown.

Really? So he gets all the calls, yet whines incessantly about getting calls? You think those two positions you hold are logically consistant?

Harrison began his slide towards Sanchez AFTER Sanchez began his slide. He wasnt trying to avoid him, he was trying to make contact with him, and did... with a forearm to the head.

Just watched the replay again. He was 3 yards down and about 2 yds over away from Sanchez when Sanchez began his slide. Harrison was still on his feet. There is zero excuse on why this wasnt called. You call the penalty on Smith, you have to call a late hit on a sliding QB.

Harrison did not let up at all. He went after Sanchez after Sanchez began his slide.

Harrison did not let up at all. He went after Sanchez after Sanchez began his slide.

LBS I agree he should have been penalized but he changed his body motion so his arm did not slam into Sanchize and raised over his body..

Really? So he gets all the calls, yet whines incessantly about getting calls? You think those two positions you hold are logically consistant?

You don't hear me complaining about Brady whining. That was brought up by the troll. I am talking about the play in yesterday's game Glenn and you and I both know that if Harrison did that to Brady he would have been flagged, fined, suspended and possibly imprisoned.

You don't hear me complaining about Brady whining. That was brought up by the troll. I am talking about the play in yesterday's game Glenn and you and I both know that if Harrison did that to Brady he would have been flagged, fined, suspended and possibly imprisoned.

Of course, because there is a double standard. :rolleyes:

Of course, because there is a double standard. :rolleyes:

There is and you know it, you're only saying there isn't because you're a Pats fan and your team benefits from it. I can only hope Sanchez one day benefits from the same double standard.

Personally, I don't think there should be any rules protecting any player from anything - they all have pads on. Roughing the passer/kicker are bullsh*t penalties that need to go away. If they don't want to get hit they should play another sport.

in light of the overwhelming evidence presented of the fumble that wasnt and the blatant missed personal foul (which shirley cost us 5.5 pts), i suggest we petition the league for a do over starting from 0-0.

There is and you know it, you're only saying there isn't because you're a Pats fan and your team benefits from it. I can only hope Sanchez one day benefits from the same double standard.

Personally, I don't think there should be any rules protecting any player from anything - they all have pads on. Roughing the passer/kicker are bullsh*t penalties that need to go away. If they don't want to get hit they should play another sport.

Yeah, once Brady retires. ;)

As much energy you have wasted in this post complaining about the non-call, I think you are talking out both sides of your a$$.

The ball traveled backwards.

What does it matter if his arm was moving forward, if the ball went backwards, thereby making a lateral, or a FUMBLE?

That sucked, but it was called correctly. We should have been running the ball in that spot, anyway.

The rule states the the Hand must be moving forward to be an inc pass.

Sanchez's hand was not going forward. Right call and explanation by Ed Hercules.

Doesn't work that way.

If the QB's arm was moving foward and the ball is knocked out before he releases it, it doesn't matter what direction the ball winds up travelling, it is an incomplete pass - as long as it is clear the QB's intention was to throw it forward. In this case it is clear the intent was to throw forward. What is not clear is whether or not his arm was moving forward. I believe it had just started to move forward when he was hit, therefore making it an incomplete forward pass. I also think that in real time it was impossible to tell so the call was handled properly on the field. I think Hochuli blew it on the replay.

WRONG Sanchez's hand was not moving forward - fumble.

Protection of Passer

By interpretation, a pass begins when the passer -- with possession of ball -- starts to bring his hand forward. If ball strikes ground after this action has begun, play is ruled an incomplete pass. If passer loses control of ball prior to his bringing his hand forward, play is ruled a fumble.

When a passer is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional movement forward of his arm starts a forward pass. If a defensive player contacts the passer or the ball after forward movement begins, and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled, regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/protectionofpasser

you guys sound ridiculous blaming this loss on the ref's....kill dat noise! Pitt came out and ran the ball on you guys and shut down your running game in that first half. They showed up and played their physical brand of football and the jets didn't fight back until the 2nd half when it was too late. Getting back to another AFC Championship game is no guarantee, but with Sanchez getting better, your Elite O-line and Rex's D...i'd put my money on you guys eventually getting over the hump.

WRONG Sanchez's hand was not moving forward - fumble.

Protection of Passer

By interpretation, a pass begins when the passer -- with possession of ball -- starts to bring his hand forward. If ball strikes ground after this action has begun, play is ruled an incomplete pass. If passer loses control of ball prior to his bringing his hand forward, play is ruled a fumble.

When a passer is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional movement forward of his arm starts a forward pass. If a defensive player contacts the passer or the ball after forward movement begins, and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled, regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/protectionofpasser

Actually, I was 100% correct.

this

some of you guys are silly. That was a fumble. the ball was moving backwards when it hit taylors helmet. Clear as day.

I believe it had just started to move forward when he was hit, therefore making it an incomplete forward pass. I also think that in real time it was impossible to tell so the call was handled properly on the field. I think Hochuli blew it on the replay.

Glenn and Joe, I was wondering if you guys had a youtube of the fumble play?

Thanks in advance.

The Refs were willing to help the Jets that game. They called the Steelers on holds and pass interference every play. The Jets were too stupid to keep throwing and then proceeded to completely embarrass themselves on national TV yet again in a big game. So the refs just decided the Jets sucked and figured the Jets did something stupid again. Hell, the Jets did more stupid things even in the second half after all.

The lesson is don't embarrass yourself pathetically and try to actually play the entire game and you might have a chance. The Jets have nobody to blame but themselves. SOJ despite what anybody wants to say. Only SOJ would play a single half.

I can't see giving Harrison a pass for "letting up". Sure Smith popped that guy pretty good, but he didn't leave his feet and just leaned into him. The receiver's momentum caused the blast more than Smith laying him out. That could have been a kill shot. I haven't been re-watching it, but the shot on Sanchez seemed like a cheap shot in the (throwing) shoulder more than the head to me.

There was one play where Farrior (IIRC) gave a blatant helmet-to-helmet on Greene and Greene was screaming at him. Nothing called and not even mentioned. Probably because Greene doesn't wear a dress.

LOL at the offsides on Ferguson. You couldn't see it in a slow motion isolation view, but it was apparently obvious in real time.

There was at least one play where a Jets player was completely yoked around the neck by a blocker that was behind him that wasn't called.

No sense crying about the calls. The Jets had every opportunity to win this game. A lack of calls is generally a good thing for the Jets because their DBs are usually mugging people. I'm sure if I were a Steelers fan I'd have seen a whole bunch of sh*t that wasn't called.

Archived