Blake Griffin Is Not Human

RutgersJetFan

Playing on a terrible team or not, the kid is averaging roughly 22 - 13 - 3.5 in his "rookie" year, he's playing outside his mind right now. I've never seen someone develop so much from their last year in college to their rookie year. He couldn't hit a shot outside of four feet at oklahoma, but now he's hitting those 12-14 footers pretty consistently. This kid is going to be scary if he has the type of work-ethic that it seems he does, and of course stays healthy.

For a Slamball league, perhaps, but he's still got plenty of room to improve as a basketball player.

Based on a very small sample, this kid is going to be special. If he gets an intermediate or eventually and oustide jump shot, he's going to own the NBA for years to come.

Didnt say I would, but I'd really have to think about it. Its hard to go big men right now when the league is dominated by perimeter play.

You know I honestly might take Rose.. For some bizarre reason he's been horribly underrated by general fans, yet every bit as valuable as Lebron was during his Cleveland years

My post above this, had Derek Rose in mind. It would be hard to pass on him.

This conversation for me doesnt include LeBron because I hate him more than any other athlete currently playing basketball.

My post above this, had Derek Rose in mind. It would be hard to pass on him.

This conversation for me doesnt include LeBron because I hate him more than any other athlete currently playing basketball.

It's just all the Lebron that comes with having Lebron. He's the best basketball player on the planet by a mile but he's so gross. You really get none of that with Rose, he's probably the most humble player in the league and he's every bit as capable of carrying a franchise.

It's just all the Lebron that comes with having Lebron. He's the best basketball player on the planet by a mile but he's so gross. You really get none of that with Rose, he's probably the most humble player in the league and he's every bit as capable of carrying a franchise.

Agreed. Its hard not to root for a guy like Rose, when its nearly impossible to root for Lebron. Everything about the guy disgusts me and wouldnt want anything to do with it.

You know I honestly might take Rose.. For some bizarre reason he's been horribly underrated by general fans, yet every bit as valuable as Lebron was during his Cleveland years

Saw him live for the first time Friday night. It feels weird to apply the man-among-boys appellation to a 6'3" PG, but when you see him juking Association guys out of their shoes with playground moves, there's not much else to say.

Saw him live for the first time Friday night. It feels weird to apply the man-among-boys appellation to a 6'3" PG, but when you see him juking Association guys out of their shoes with playground moves, there's not much else to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdWKM9m3ZKs&feature=related

I was sitting right on the corner in the 200's of that side of the court when that happened. He had about 9 or 10 other plays that just completely left the Garden speechless. Dude just glides across the court breaking ankles like it's nothing when ever he wants.

And then there was this one early in the season, I don't think there's anyone else in the league with as much body control once he leaves his feet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peMAk1NWZPc

The best part about that? No stare-down, no chest pounding or screaming, dude just jogs back down the court like it ain't no thing.

If there's one knock against him for now, I think it's that he's still hesitant to take over games. He seems to still want to adhere to the PG title at times and get his teammates involved rather than do it himself all the time. However, I think this season he's really starting to recognize his own natural ability because he's been doing more than in seasons' past. I also think Lebron and Wade both spurning him really lit a fire under his a$$. For the first time in a long time I'm really looking forward to the All-Star game specifically because of that. And I really can't wait to see what he does with a full roster once the postseason hits. I think he's without question the MVP of the first half; as much as I love Ama're and fully appreciate what he's done for the Garden, I don't think you can give the MVP to a player on a barely-above .500 team under any circumstances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdWKM9m3ZKs&feature=related

I was sitting right on the corner in the 200's of that side of the court when that happened. He had about 9 or 10 other plays that just completely left the Garden speechless. Dude just glides across the court breaking ankles like it's nothing when ever he wants.

And then there was this one early in the season, I don't think there's anyone else in the league with as much body control once he leaves his feet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peMAk1NWZPc

The best part about that? No stare-down, no chest pounding or screaming, dude just jogs back down the court like it ain't no thing.

If there's one knock against him for now, I think it's that he's still hesitant to take over games. He seems to still want to adhere to the PG title at times and get his teammates involved rather than do it himself all the time. However, I think this season he's really starting to recognize his own natural ability because he's been doing more than in seasons' past. I also think Lebron and Wade both spurning him really lit a fire under his a$$. For the first time in a long time I'm really looking forward to the All-Star game specifically because of that. And I really can't wait to see what he does with a full roster once the postseason hits. I think he's without question the MVP of the first half; as much as I love Ama're and fully appreciate what he's done for the Garden, I don't think you can give the MVP to a player on a barely-above .500 team under any circumstances.

Yeah. He had 22 on the night I saw him, which would have been 30-plus if not for the ulcers. He didn't have the lift to finish at the rim, but he was still putting ungodly And-1 Mixtape moves on people all night.

Agree about taking over games, but I think that's changing now that he's got a more reliable jumper and he's getting superstar calls. His defense has also taken a leap this season, which I have to assume is Thibodeau. Makes you weep for those first two years he wasted under Vinny.

He's been playing outside his mind in his first year and there's honestly no one in recent memory who has polished their game as much as he has from their last year in college to their first year in the NBA. When he was at Oklahoma he could barely hit anything outside of 4 feet, he's not moved his range out about 10 feet and is getting more touch around the basket, he's just been amazing. Chris Sheridan actually recently posted an article about the top 5 players to build a franchise around for the next 10 years, if I recall it was;

(separated into positions, which I didn't care for)

1) D. Rose

2) Kevin Durant

3) LBJ

4) Blake Griffin/Kevin Love

5) Demarcus Cousins.

That's a very hard one to do in my opinion, but I am glad he mentioned love. Playing out in minny is absolutely ruining what is looking like a historic season, not to mention one of most improved players in the NBA.

For those of you haven't watched or taken notice of Love, he's been nothing short of amazing. He's putting up mvp type numbers, but obviously on a losing team. Averaging 21.6 and 15.6 is insane not to mention he's shooting around .600% for his true shooting percentage and putting up .45% on his 3 pt%. His rebounding is entering the dennis rodman type seasons where he's grabbing almost a quarter of all rebounds available on the floor, 23.5% on TRB%, that is just mind blowing.

That all aside, if guaranteed to stay healthy, I still take Blake. He just seems to have it.

Archived