Steelers class organization??????

NYJ37/12

Really? This is the media nonsense that bothers me the most. We are talking about a franchise that has their starting qb leading them to another SB with 3, not 1, not 2, but THREE accusations of rape in the last two years. How is this lost on the national media? Why is this franchise being hailed as class when really they are scum. They trade away a pot smoker and keep a rapist because he brings in the most money. That's class, or business?

The media will spend two weeks on a strength coach who trips a player, two weeks on a coach who adores his wife's feet, two weeks on a JET player who gets a dwi, but nothing on a rapist.

So its ok what the Rooney's have done? Why? Is it because they have their nose firmly planted in the NFL's rectum? Are media outlets afraid to go after them like they do the JETS? What am I missing?

Really? This is the media nonsense that bothers me the most. We are talking about a franchise that has their starting qb leading them to another SB with 3, not 1, not 2, but THREE accusations of rape in the last two years. How is this lost on the national media? Why is this franchise being hailed as class when really they are scum. They trade away a pot smoker and keep a rapist because he brings in the most money. That's class, or business?

The media will spend two weeks on a strength coach who trips a player, two weeks on a coach who adores his wife's feet, two weeks on a JET player who gets a dwi, but nothing on a rapist.

So its ok what the Rooney's have done? Why? Is it because they have their nose firmly planted in the NFL's rectum? Are media outlets afraid to go after them like they do the JETS? What am I missing?

Everyone hates the Jets. deal with it.

There was the girl at the hotel and the drunk college chick in Georgia, when was the third rape accusation?

our qb only has 1 accusation of rape.. sounds like he needs to get busy with teh rapings before we can be classy sb winners too

There was the girl at the hotel and the drunk college chick in Georgia, when was the third rape accusation?

there was another girl who did not want to come out. it happened right after the Georgia incident. The Georgia girl was paid off, and the Neveda is still pending.

our qb only has 1 accusation of rape.. sounds like he needs to get busy with teh rapings before we can be classy sb winners too

He was not accused of rape. the case was found to be bogus. nice try though. the scumbag in pittsburgh has a mountain of evidence against him yet he is still playing. you cannot possibly defend this guy.

He was not accused of rape. the case was found to be bogus. nice try though. the scumbag in pittsburgh has a mountain of evidence against him yet he is still playing. you cannot possibly defend this guy.

I'm not defending him... i don't know the details of either qb's trangression to be honest

it just turns my stomach to see the guy on the field. I've felt this way since the summer so this is not sour grapes. This is also not about the media hating on the JETS, I could care a less. It's the fawning over this club and their scumbag qb, the circle jerk over the cheaters, and numerous other NFL favorites. I would love for one of these beat writers or ESPN guys to actually call it like it is for once. You can't tell me it did not made you sick to hear rapistburgers name over and over again during the game and after as if he was Jesus himself. The guy completed 10 passes, threw two picks, should have been four, and had a rating of 35! Yet he completes his last pass and scrambles for first downs and he is the man. "that's how you play qb" "the steelers are a class organization the does everything right", I'm tired of hearing it.

I'm not defending him... i don't know the details of either qb's trangression to be honest

I believe the charges were never filed against Sanchez for a complete lack of evidence. The police determined the charges to be false.

In Roethlisberger's GA case, charges were never filed because the girl's attorney asked that no charges be filed because "What is obvious in looking forward is that a criminal trial would be a very intrusive personal experience for a complainant in this situation, given the extraordinary media attention that would be inevitable."

He paid her off.

OMG

You're upset about the loss, cool. Don't try to turn this into something it's not.

I believe the charges were never filed against Sanchez for a complete lack of evidence. The police determined the charges to be false.

i just read it and as usualy you are giving a homerific slant. Prosecutor didn't prosecute the case (similiar to big ben) because the physical evidence of "force" was inconclusive and all that was left was his word versus hers...

Nice post.

The Super Bowl is the golden goose of the NFL and they will do whatever it takes to ensure its not blemished.

That's why New England got away with taping St Louis Rams practice before the Super Bowl. But that news was swept under the carpet. And that's why we see the glorification of every team in the Super Bowl.

How can they get away with it. All of the 4 major broadcasting networks NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC (via ESPN) have a monetary stake in the NFL's and Super Bowl success.

At the end of the day its all about money!

i just read it and as usualy you are giving a homerific slant. Prosecutor didn't prosecute the case (similiar to big ben) because the physical evidence of "force" was inconclusive and all that was left was his word versus hers...

the girl in Georgia HAD physical evidence of rape. The case with Mark was a girl looking for something.

Nice post.

The Super Bowl is the golden goose of the NFL and they will do whatever it takes to ensure its not blemished.

That's why New England got away with taping St Louis Rams practice before the Super Bowl. But that news was swept under the carpet. And that's why we see the glorification of every team in the Super Bowl.

How can they get away with it. All of the 4 major broadcasting networks NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC (via ESPN) have a monetary stake in the NFL's and Super Bowl success.

It is ALL about the money. I bet if it were Rooney's granddaughter the guy would be missing. If it were my daughter he would not be playing in two weeks, bank on it.

OMG

You're upset about the loss, cool. Don't try to turn this into something it's not.

This has nothing to do with the loss. If you knew me, you would know better than to say that. I have several Steeler fan friends who could attest to the fact that I have been complaining about him since the summer.

It just bothers me that not one guy in the media will bring it up. They all dance around it like they are afraid of a lawsuit. Not one guy questions the Steelers decision. I heard Francessa say the other day that they tried to trade him, to who, St.Louis for the first pick. That's not trying. If the Steelers were truly class and the Rooney's were all about their image, they would have cut him, or traded him for nothing like Santonio. That's really all I'm saying.

Nice post.

That was proven to be false....but don't let that get in the way of a good "The Jets against The World" rant. Carry on....

Carry on my wayward son

There'll be peace when you are done

Lay your weary head to rest

Don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion

Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion

I was soaring ever higher

But I flew too high

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man

Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

I hear the voices when I'm dreaming

I can hear them say

Masquerading as a man with a reason

My charade is the event of the season

And if I claim to be a wise man, well

It surely means that I don't know

On a stormy sea of moving emotion

Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

I set a course for winds of fortune

But I hear the voices say ...

Carry on, you will always remember

Carry on, nothing equals the splendor

The center lights around your vanity

But surely heaven waits for you

Carry on my wayward son

Don't you cry (don't you cry no more)

It wasn't proven to be false, they just didn't find any exculpatory evidence. But spin away sister. :rolleyes:

There is no "class" on any NFL team. The Steelers had Big Ben and his shenanigans, the Jets had Rex & Cro, the Pats had Spikes getting a BJ on chat roulette. I'm sure every other team in the League had a player or coach do something stupid.

Kleck: Matt Walsh, the hero of Pats haters, stated that he never taped the Rams walk through at the Super Bowl.

Kleck: Matt Walsh, the hero of Pats haters, stated that he never taped the Rams walk through at the Super Bowl.

Matt Walsh also stated that he was bound by a confidentiality agreement that he signed with the Pats but the club denied that one existed. It is fact he was there with video equipment but only his word that he didn't tape. So how good is it word? better then the Pats?

That was proven to be false....but don't let that get in the way of a good "The Jets against The World" rant. Carry on....

Carry on my wayward son

Don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion

Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion

I was soaring ever higher

But I flew too high

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man

Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

I hear the voices when I'm dreaming

I can hear them say

Masquerading as a man with a reason

My charade is the event of the season

And if I claim to be a wise man, well

It surely means that I don't know

On a stormy sea of moving emotion

Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

I set a course for winds of fortune

But I hear the voices say ...

Carry on, you will always remember

Carry on, nothing equals the splendor

The center lights around your vanity

But surely heaven waits for you

Carry on my wayward son

Don't you cry (don't you cry no more)

Really....When was that even "proven" ? About 6 plus years after the fact!

By a league and the media that has financial chips on the table in the Super Bowl stake.

BTW...how much time does it take to erase tape ?

There is no "class" on any NFL team. The Steelers had Big Ben and his shenanigans, the Jets had Rex & Cro, the Pats had Spikes getting a BJ on chat roulette. I'm sure every other team in the League had a player or coach do something stupid.

There is a difference between consensual and non consensual relations!

And when it comes to Pats the only classless example you could find is Spikes ? :rolleyes:

Matt Walsh also stated that he was bound by a confidentiality agreement that he signed with the Pats but the club denied that one existed. It is fact he was there with video equipment but only his word that he didn't tape. So how good is it word? better then the Pats?

Why would Matt Walsh lie about taping the Super Bowl walk-through? He already stated that he taped the opposing teams signals during games and then giving BB the tape on Friday.

I really think that you could extend that argument to include all of professional sports in this country. It's really an indictment of society as a whole when the glory days of the Roman Gladiator compare to the spectacle evident on your run of the mill sports programming. In essence, we all become part of the problem when we place the athlete on a pedestal and measure a man's or woman's worth more so upon their accomplishment in the arena of sport than the integrity of their character. Don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting to chastise sports fans, I simply choose to remain aware of a problem that exists, yet exercise my right to do nothing. Why? because injecting social morality into the arena of sport removes half of the sensationalism that we all know and love.

In essence, I would rather watch a bunch of overgrown meat heads do sh*t I would never be able to do, than a bunch of pansie asses run around and bore me to death. Unfortunately, in order for that to happen, morality of the participants has to remain an afterthought.

I really think that you could extend that argument to include all of professional sports in this country. It's really an indictment of society as a whole when the glory days of the Roman Gladiator compare to the spectacle evident on your run of the mill sports programming. In essence, we all become part of the problem when we place the athlete on a pedestal and measure a man's or woman's worth more so upon their accomplishment in the arena of sport than the integrity of their character. Don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting to chastise sports fans, I simply choose to remain aware of a problem that exists, yet exercise my right to do nothing. Why? because injecting social morality into the arena of sport removes half of the sensationalism that we all know and love.

In essence, I would rather watch a bunch of overgrown meat heads do sh*t I would never be able to do, than a bunch of pansie asses run around and bore me to death. Unfortunately, in order for that to happen, morality of the participants has to remain an afterthought.

HE RAPES WOMEN!!

HE RAPES WOMEN!!

I get that. It's disgusting, it's abhorrent, and it's a crime. By no means am I condoning rape. However the real travesty here is not what the Steelers organization, or any sports team has done with the thousands upon thousands of criminals that grace their rosters, it is the fact that we, as a society have accepted that it is ok for someone to commit a crime, so long as they entertain us. If this wasn't true, Big Ben, and others like him, would be served justice by the Justice system. Hence they are not, hence they provide a return on investment to their employers, and hence Big Ben is starting the Superbowl. The primary group to blame for this is we the people.

Unfortunately, that's the world we live in. If you want to make a stand for morality, than stop watching American sports, because there are a lot of criminals associated with every organization. I commend anyone who stands behind their moral convictions. However, I do not commend anyone who is hypocritical and continues to suck on the teet of the American athlete, while pointing the finger at only a select few. The problem is the system, and as fans we simply let it do its thing. So aren't we part of the problem too?

I'm just trying to be honest. I may see it one way, you may see it another. I know that my obsession with sports benefits the wallets of many evil people. I simply choose to be aware, that's all. Now, if I were a person of great moral conviction, I wouldn't condone the idolization of any athlete, now would I? But in reality, I'm a dick. I just wanted you to know that like me, you're one as well. We both contribute to the problem, and that's ok. At least we're entertained.

:)

I get that. It's disgusting, it's abhorrent, and it's a crime. By no means am I condoning rape. However the real travesty here is not what the Steelers organization, or any sports team has done with the thousands upon thousands of criminals that grace their rosters, it is the fact that we, as a society have accepted that it is ok for someone to commit a crime, so long as they entertain us. If this wasn't true, Big Ben, and others like him, would be served justice by the Justice system. Hence they are not, hence they provide a return on investment to their employers, and hence Big Ben is starting the Superbowl. The primary group to blame for this is we the people.

Unfortunately, that's the world we live in. If you want to make a stand for morality, than stop watching American sports, because there are a lot of criminals associated with every organization. I commend anyone who stands behind their moral convictions. However, I do not commend anyone who is hypocritical and continues to suck on the teet of the American athlete, while pointing the finger at only a select few. The problem is the system, and as fans we simply let it do its thing. So aren't we part of the problem too?

I'm just trying to be honest. I may see it one way, you may see it another. I know that my obsession with sports benefits the wallets of many evil people. I simply choose to be aware, that's all. Now, if I were a person of great moral conviction, I wouldn't condone the idolization of any athlete, now would I? But in reality, I'm a dick. I just wanted you to know that like me, you're one as well. We both contribute to the problem, and that's ok. At least we're entertained.

:)

Rothlisberger yapping about God after the game the other night was worse than anything else. Along with Tiger Woods promoting the Masters. Would rather they embrace their scumbaggery than pretend they are now changed. Both did those things not out of conviction, but because it was good for their bottom lines, the networks and their sports. Both guys would be more honest if they moved to Vegas, grew sideburns and dressed in all black than now make believe they are "changed". Nantz babbling about how "all he's been through" was sickening nonsense. Rothliseberger did those things himself. Simms to his credit said it's too early to say if he really has changed, and only time will tell. And given the mess Simms' son is now in, he knows that better as a parent than anyone else in the media.

Rothlisberger yapping about God after the game the other night was worse than anything else. Along with Tiger Woods promoting the Masters. Would rather they embrace their scumbaggery than pretend they are now changed. Both did those things not out of conviction, but because it was good for their bottom lines, the networks and their sports. Both guys would be more honest if they moved to Vegas, grew sideburns and dressed in all black than now make believe they are "changed". Nantz babbling about how "all he's been through" was sickening nonsense. Rothliseberger did those things himself. Simms to his credit said it's too early to say if he really has changed, and only time will tell. And given the mess Simms' son is now in, he knows that better as a parent than anyone else in the media.

Don't be lumping Tiger Woods in with Ben Roethlisberger. Tiger cheated on his wife, his sex was consensual. He didn't rape multiple women.

Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault/rape multiple times. There is a huge difference and Roethlisberger is much, much worse.

While I'm on the subject I find it absolutely hysterical that Jim Nantz is seemingly willingly and enthusiastically helping out with the PR rehabilitation of Roethlisberger yet decided to take Tiger to task last year for using salty language on the golf course. So Jim, its ok for an NFL QB to rape women and generally act like an oafish douche but its not ok for a PGA golfer to cheat on his wife and curse?

Care to explain why Tiger is so objectionable and Ben is such a fine example of a rehabilitated soul, Jim? It couldn't be that your network makes significantly more money off of football than golf, could it?

Don't be lumping Tiger Woods in with Ben Roethlisberger. Tiger cheated on his wife, his sex was consensual. He didn't rape multiple women.

Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault/rape multiple times. There is a huge difference and Roethlisberger is much, much worse.

While I'm on the subject I find it absolutely hysterical that Jim Nantz is seemingly willingly and enthusiastically helping out with the PR rehabilitation of Roethlisberger yet decided to take Tiger to task last year for using salty language on the golf course. So Jim, its ok for an NFL QB to rape women and generally act like an oafish douche but its not ok for a PGA golfer to cheat on his wife and curse?

Care to explain why Tiger is so objectionable and Ben is such a fine example of a rehabilitated soul, Jim? It couldn't be that your network makes significantly more money off of football than golf, could it?

great post klecko! maybe Nance doesnt like black people?

Archived