Cromartie: The best tandem in the NFL will be back together for the 2011 season.

Maxman

Hopefully that means "I will take a lower contract" because without that, I don't see how he fits in. We have depth behind him. If Cromartie leaves then Wilson, Coleman or Lowery will start. If Harris leaves on the other hand, we're left with Josh Mauga (who?) or [insert rookie here].

And as disappointed as I've been with Holmes this year for being hit and miss, I'm starting to think more and more that we have to bring both him and Edwards back. For the sake of the quarterback, it's necessary to give him some stability.

Revis and cromartie were just talking I mean here is the convo

@Revis24 man I definitely want to b back playing alongside the best corner in the league.

@A_Cromartie31 i appreciate that bro, but together were even better.

@Revis24 The best tandem in the NFL will be back together for the 2011 season.

this looks to me like Cromartie wants to play for the Jets ... so it might be a possibility he takes a pay cut but nothing is official

Its obvious the players love this team and atmosphere and all want to stay with Rex.... Its their agents that will get in the way for some of them. Despite their emotional satisfaction, most of these guys are entering the primes of their careers and this offseason is their best shot to sign a deal that will basically support them for life. There's not a good agent out there that will step aside and allow a guy like Cro, Edwards, Harris, or Holmes to take any sort of a discount to remain with the Jets. And considering most players dont like to get involved with contracts and negotiations doesn't paint the picture all that much brighter for the Jets.

Revis and cromartie were just talking I mean here is the convo

@Revis24 man I definitely want to b back playing alongside the best corner in the league.

@A_Cromartie31 i appreciate that bro, but together were even better.

@Revis24 The best tandem in the NFL will be back together for the 2011 season.

this looks to me like Cromartie wants to play for the Jets ... so it might be a possibility he takes a pay cut but nothing is official

Hey -- thanks for signing up!

Hopefully that means "I will take a lower contract" because without that, I don't see how he fits in. We have depth behind him. If Cromartie leaves then Wilson, Coleman or Lowery will start. If Harris leaves on the other hand, we're left with Josh Mauga (who?) or [insert rookie here].

And as disappointed as I've been with Holmes this year for being hit and miss, I'm starting to think more and more that we have to bring both him and Edwards back. For the sake of the quarterback, it's necessary to give him some stability.

I have my doubts that we'd be able to sign both Edwards and Holmes $$$$$ . Having lost our 2nd and 3rd round draft picks I think we HAVE to sign at least one of them.

lol after that contract Revis got, why would anybody on the team want to take a discount? That is kind of the problem, when one guy banks huge money everyone else will want it too. That's why you are never supposed to mention how much money you're making at work or when you get a raise.

I don't get it, first BE and Holmes will cost between 12-14 mill combined, while Cro will command 10 mill by himself, there is a first round draft pick waiting behind Cro with a year under his belt, there is no one waiting behind BE, and Holmes. Then consider you have a 24 year old QB who really needs the stability, and chemistry to keep devoloping in a positive way this decision is a no brainer. Not to mention Rex can figure a gameplan to win football games with sub par talent.

If you watched last nights super bowl it just proves no matter how good your D is the superior offensive team will win most of the time.

So I say let Cro, and Harris walk, keep BE, and Holmes sign Woodley, and draft Harris' replacement in the first round there are a couple of stud ILB that could be had at our pick, plus we would get back 2 3rd round picks possibly for letting the 2 of them walk.

I don't get it, first BE and Holmes will cost between 12-14 mill combined, while Cro will command 10 mill by himself, there is a first round draft pick waiting behind Cro with a year under his belt, there is no one waiting behind BE, and Holmes. Then consider you have a 24 year old QB who really needs the stability, and chemistry to keep devoloping in a positive way this decision is a no brainer. Not to mention Rex can figure a gameplan to win football games with sub par talent.

If you watched last nights super bowl it just proves no matter how good your D is the superior offensive team will win most of the time.

So I say let Cro, and Harris walk, keep BE, and Holmes sign Woodley, and draft Harris' replacement in the first round there are a couple of stud ILB that could be had at our pick, plus we would get back 2 3rd round picks possibly for letting the 2 of them walk.

So you would settle for "what if" draft picks over Cro and Harris? NO WAY IN HELL. :angry:

Ugh. Cromartie sucks as the #2 man. Another year to hear how great he is and then not show it on the field.

Can you name 3 #2 CBs in the league that you'd prefer? He's a #1 on half the teams in the league. Yes, he has deficiencies, but so do all but 2 or 3 CBs in the NFL. And he might be our KR if #16 leaves.

Can you name 3 #2 CBs in the league that you'd prefer? He's a #1 on half the teams in the league. Yes, he has deficiencies, but so do all but 2 or 3 CBs in the NFL. And he might be our KR if #16 leaves.

No. I dont play the game of name guys I prefer. I dont evaluate talent for the NFL. I dont debate and discuss his merits vs other players. Im a fan who was sick and tired watching this supposed awesome player get burned too many times on easy plays. Thats it. Made a statement. I dont like the way he plays.

Archived