Curtis Martin

Maxman

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bah.. really don't think he deserved first ballot.. but the fact that he made it further then bettis bodes very well for future prospects..

and somewhere in florida, savage sleeps soundly tonight

Not true at all CTM.. I have never had anything against Martin it was the Martinette's I was at war with.. Well at least I won't hear the first ballot HOF lock any more from them.. :rolleyes: I wonder what Chris Carter did to piss off the voters?? 3rd all time catches plus 8-time Pro Bowler & 2-time First-Team All-Pro

total bullsh*t.....Sabol SHOULD NOT take the spot of a player....

he should have taken the spot of either that soft-a$$ piece of sh*t deion sanders or that stuttering prick Shannon Sharpe

**** the NFL HOF...until Curtis gets in being a HOFer means NOTHING!

I guess it takes a little longer to get to Canton when you're trying to get there 3.5 yards at a clip.

rapidly becoming my favorite poster... will subscribe to your future posts

Not true at all CTM.. I have never had anything against Martin it was the Martinette's I was at war with.. Well at least I won't hear the first ballot HOF lock any more from them.. :rolleyes: I wonder what Chris Carter did to piss off the voters?? 3rd all time catches plus 8-time Pro Bowler & 2-time First-Team All-Pro

ha.. nah, i know.. figured someone had to mention your name within first 10 posts ;)

he should have taken the spot of either that soft-a$$ piece of sh*t deion sanders or that stuttering prick Shannon Sharpe

only way cotchery is getting there is if he buys a ticket.. just hope he doesn't drop it

Chris Carter is the Curtis Martin of wide receivers.

Speaking of soft, did Curtis ever break a tackle?

With all due respect, I think it has something to do with the fact that Faulk was much much better than Curtis.

I've got no problem with Faulk's selection.

You never thought of Curtis being the best running back in the league or atleast i didnt. Faulk was one of most dynamic players ever and deserved to be in on the first ballot.

I am not against Faulk getting in. But Martin was a better RB, and has a more consistent career that Faulk.

Martin led the league in rushing in his 2nd last year where as Faulk was just a shadow of his old self the last 3-4 seasons.

Martin played behind just "great" QB's like Pennington, on the other hand Faulk had the good fortune of playing in some of the most explosive offenses in the league with QB's like Manning and Warner.

At the end of the day we can all drink the media cool aid and go with the conventional opinion being fed to us 24x7 by the "experts" in the media or take a step back and see those comparisons are not apple to apple comparisons and give a great player like Curtis Martin his deserved due. He should have been inducted into the Hall of Fame on first ballot!

I am not against Faulk getting in. But Martin was a better RB, and has a more consistent career that Faulk.

Martin led the league in rushing in his 2nd last year where as Faulk was just a shadow of his old self the last 3-4 seasons.

Martin played behind just "great" QB's like Pennington, on the other hand Faulk had the good fortune of playing in some of the most explosive offenses in the league with QB's like Manning and Warner.

At the end of the day we can all drink the media cool aid and go with the conventional opinion being fed to us 24x7 by the "experts" in the media or take a step back and see those comparisons are not apple to apple comparisons and give a great player like Curtis Martin his deserved due. He should have been inducted into the Hall of Fame on first ballot!

"Media cool aid"? It is called having two eyes in your head and being able to distinguish between game changing talent and consistent mediocrity.

I will bet you Curtis gets in before Lamont?

Just kidding -- hope all is well Savage!

drugs

Obviously Faulk > Martin, but in no way shape or form should Sharpe or even Sanders get in before Martin. Consistency triumphs all. No, he was never the best HB in the NFL, but who cares. He is one of the greatest HBs of all-time. I honestly would rank him as top 10.

P.S. He did this on the JETS!

garymyersNYDN Gary Myers It was going to be tough for voters to pick two running backs and Marshall Faulk was a lock. But Curtis got more votes than Jerome Bettis. 36 seconds ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply » Picture_7_normal.pnggarymyersNYDN Gary Myers I made presentation for Curtis Martin in HOF meeting today. I am very optimistic he gets in next year. He deserves it. 3 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Obviously Faulk > Martin, but in no way shape or form should Sharpe or even Sanders get in before Martin. Consistency triumphs all. No, he was never the best HB in the NFL, but who cares. He is one of the greatest HBs of all-time. I honestly would rank him as top 10.

P.S. He did this on the JETS!

aren't u in high school?

wtf are you talking about

garymyersNYDN Gary Myers It was going to be tough for voters to pick two running backs and Marshall Faulk was a lock. But Curtis got more votes than Jerome Bettis. 36 seconds ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply » Picture_7_normal.pnggarymyersNYDN Gary Myers I made presentation for Curtis Martin in HOF meeting today. I am very optimistic he gets in next year. He deserves it. 3 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

having gary myers rep the jets is like sending neville chamberlain to munich

consistantly above average, never great.. yes..

For how long ?

And in what kind of offensive powress.

We are talking of a rock that held together the JEST offense through some up and downs. Vinny going down in first 10 minutes of 99 season. Pennington. Pennington hurting himself in pre-season. And whoever started that season once Pennington went down. Through it all he was the rock that consistently kept delivering.

What was Faulk once Warner went into a funk for a few years!

For how long ?

And in what kind of offensive powress.

We are talking of a rock that held together the JEST offense through some up and downs. Vinny going down in first 10 minutes of 99 season. Pennington. Pennington hurting himself in pre-season. And whoever started that season once Pennington went down. Through it all he was the rock that consistently kept delivering.

What was Faulk once Warner went into a funk for a few years!

Delivering what, exactly?

yeah.. the rock and rick mirer did a hell of a job for the first half of 99..

I hate that homers make me attack martin, but the guys was just above average for 11 years, who happenned to stay healthy and play for coaches who feed him the ball as often as crusher feeds himself.. was never an elite player... that's just the facts..

First off, how is that relevant, and secondly, no, I'm actually not.

i'd think it's relevant that you are commenting on guys who where in thier prime when you were in grade school.. sanders and sharpe were both wayyy better at thier respective positions then martin was at his..

Curtis will make it in and he deserves it - but even with his totals - he's not a first ballot consideration. Faulk and C-Mart are apples and pomegranates. The game planning that went into playing Marshall Faulk on a Sunday was a ton. If you thought you could provide pass coverage on him with a LB or even a slower safety - you were behind a couple TD's pretty quick in a ball game. Game planning for C-Mart was SOP. He worked his azz off and he'll get rewarded as he should, but he ain't no Marshall Faulk.

Curtis will make it in and he deserves it - but even with his totals - he's not a first ballot consideration. Faulk and C-Mart are apples and pomegranates. The game planning that went into playing Marshall Faulk on a Sunday was a ton. If you thought you could provide pass coverage on him with a LB or even a slower safety - you were behind a couple TD's pretty quick in a ball game. Game planning for C-Mart was SOP. He worked his azz off and he'll get rewarded as he should, but he ain't no Marshall Faulk.

I am not disagreeing with you but I want to add one thing:

Look at the QBs both of those guys played with.

I hate that homers make me attack martin, but the guys was just above average for 11 years, who happenned to stay healthy and play for coaches who feed him the ball as often as crusher feeds himself.. was never an elite player... that's just the facts..

2004 felt pretty elite. A QB that so many fans have called a joke. And he ran for 1700 yards, 12 TDs and a 4.6 yard average.

I think he had 7 seasons over 1200 yards. That seems elite. And he played with some pretty elite QBs, oh wait...no he didn't lol.

Reading post like these makes me wonder why was he even considered for the Hall Of Fame. An average, mediocre player should not be even considered at all. :rolleyes:

2004 felt pretty elite. A QB that so many fans have called a joke. And he ran for 1700 yards, 12 TDs and a 4.6 yard average.

I think he had 7 seasons over 1200 yards. That seems elite. And he played with some pretty elite QBs, oh wait...no he didn't lol.

For some people grass is always greener on the other side.

Archived