Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so song and slats are floating the idea of voting kitchen voters, and neither of them happen to be in that list?

I see song suggested mafia hiding in the masses, which could be something, slats is your opinion based solely on the mafia knowing there was a trap in the kitchen and how to spring it?

Out of the vote order, there isn't much to go on..

Kitchen (13) – Crusher, JiF, I-28, Sharrow, 80, JVoR, Dan X, Vic, Verby, SMC, Pac, Brett, Hess

crusher was going to the kitchen no matter what, jif was following crusher no matter what, 80 has already expressed <3 for the first two fruits, so him following isn't unusual..

SMC and pac changed thier votes at the end cause they're blockheads who can't follow simple direction

Brett and Hess voted after it was a done deal..

that leaves i28, sharrow, jvor, dan, vic and verby as the only potential questionable votes, and that's making a lot of assumptions about what info scum has.. (or them being worried enough of this vote to hide in masses)

maybe interestingly, jvor has already poo-poo'd the theory completely.. I think it's a decent enough thing to at least discuss and get the game going.. soo..

unvote

vote JVOR

to make him talk about it

Lily informed us that most of the surprises were good for the town. I suspect the random death is the worst of the bad surprises we'll see. But who knows.

She didn't necessarily say good for the town, just that they would be positive things for the person triggering them, right? So I took that to mean potential investigations/protections/etc. for anyone, town or scum. Odds would be in our favor, but we're still depending on better luck than we had today.

And I think Dane Cook is gross and entirely douchey, but I have friends who think he's hot, so I would assume it's supposed to be a compliment.

SMC's death was pretty random. Don't really like having random occurrences that are unpredictable to the town in a game, but that's just my preference I guess. I think it's a little difficult and a little early to figure out how much the mafia knows about game setup and asking whether or not people voting kitchen are more suspect than others. Still early.

She didn't necessarily say good for the town, just that they would be positive things for the person triggering them, right? So I took that to mean potential investigations/protections/etc. for anyone, town or scum. Odds would be in our favor, but we're still depending on better luck than we had today.

And I think Dane Cook is gross and entirely douchey, but I have friends who think he's hot, so I would assume it's supposed to be a compliment.

Vote JVOR

Partly because I didnt like his above post and partly in spite because I'm offended.

so song and slats are floating the idea of voting kitchen voters, and neither of them happen to be in that list?

I see song suggested mafia hiding in the masses, which could be something, slats is your opinion based solely on the mafia knowing there was a trap in the kitchen and how to spring it?

Out of the vote order, there isn't much to go on..

Kitchen (13) – Crusher, JiF, I-28, Sharrow, 80, JVoR, Dan X, Vic, Verby, SMC, Pac, Brett, Hess

crusher was going to the kitchen no matter what, jif was following crusher no matter what, 80 has already expressed <3 for the first two fruits, so him following isn't unusual..

SMC and pac changed thier votes at the end cause they're blockheads who can't follow simple direction

Brett and Hess voted after it was a done deal..

that leaves i28, sharrow, jvor, dan, vic and verby as the only potential questionable votes, and that's making a lot of assumptions about what info scum has.. (or them being worried enough of this vote to hide in masses)

maybe interestingly, jvor has already poo-poo'd the theory completely.. I think it's a decent enough thing to at least discuss and get the game going.. soo..

unvote

vote JVOR

I find no need to talk about just because you want to do so. I'll wait until night phase before discussing game strategy that only pertains to night phases. It's a big waste of time to get into it right now when we can't even vote on it and more importantly when the lynch comes before it.

I know nothing more about what scum may or may not know about game setup than another townie in the same situation as me. We can argue until our face turns blue but it's not going to change the fact that it's just speculation and until something more happens, we only have a singular event. I poo-pooed nothing. I didn't say one thing is more likely than another. I just said it was inconclusive.

You're right. I referenced what Lily actually said on the page before this one, if you care enough to read it.

unvote

vote JVOR

Vote JVOR

Partly because I didnt like his above post and partly in spite because I'm offended.

Seems a little sketch that CTM and JiF both voted for JVOR 7 minutes apart. Could be a coincidence. The floor is yours, gentlemen.

I find no need to talk about just because you want to do so. I'll wait until night phase before discussing game strategy that only pertains to night phases. It's a big waste of time to get into it right now when we can't even vote on it and more importantly when the lynch comes before it.

I know nothing more about what scum may or may not know about game setup than another townie in the same situation as me. We can argue until our face turns blue but it's not going to change the fact that it's just speculation and until something more happens, we only have a singular event. I poo-pooed nothing. I didn't say one thing is more likely than another. I just said it was inconclusive.

You poo-poo'd the idea in that it was worth talking about, which maybe true, in that we don't know what scum knows or doesn't know. I do however believe talking about game setup naturally gets the game going, so it that sense, it's worthwhile

What do you mean about night actions? I'm missing that angle

Based on your last game I should take that as a good sign. Opposite scumdar ftw.

Haters hate winners.

Seems a little sketch that CTM and JiF both voted for JVOR 7 minutes apart. Could be a coincidence. The floor is yours, gentlemen.

Coincidence. Never follow CTM.

Jif's not allowed behind me ever, not to walk behind me, stand behind me or do anything else back there..

Coincidence. Never follow CTM.

see.. i have him trained well

lol Slats is Harry Potter? With the little wand?

I'm John Lennon with a Jimi Hendrix wand.

Kitchen Votes- Crusher, JiF, I-28, Sharrow, 80, JVoR, DanX, Vicious, Verbal, SMC

Sharrow and I were your opportunities to focus in on some other Kitchen voters, yet you chose to wait until Pac voted 80. Frankly this is very unlike you when you play as town. Typically the type of play we see from you is trying to draw up some kind of case and finding some reason in your votes. Hopping on a vote with a "Yea whatever" kind of attitude isn't the way I typically see you. I'm ok with where I'm at.

My reasoning for voting you was I was seeing more dick jokery out of you than usual. The obvious defense for that is "Oh it's day 1" but like I said, not what I normally expect out of you and for now it's the best I have. The Lily rolling you up was a joke to cover up that I thought you were playing unusual. Everyone is entitled to their fun but for me it's weird to see someone who doesn't typically do something play so loose on day 1. Loose play = scum to me.

Cool story, bro.

Anyone who feels they can put together a case this early on day one of D1 has my complete and total attention.

I didn't really get to play your game, and this one started with me at work last night and I was more than happy to get started and joke around with my mafia buddies. I voted 80 to put a couple votes on the newb and see how he reacts, nothing more. The only time to be able to do that would be when someone else had a vote on him. I figured a second quick vote would have the potential to elicit more of a response. We don't lynch n00bs on D1 around here, though, so this oppotune vote that you're taking note of is really pretty meaningless. He's not getting lynched today without a full confession, and we both know that.

Well I don't think the mafia knows anymore than we do, but in my opinion mafia like to hide in the masses, though not saying every mafia member was in the kitchen last night, but I'm willing to wager a couple were in there and I think that's the best place to look to start out.

I don't know what I don't know. There were people interested in the kitchen because of the secret passageway, but there's nothing in my role that suggests that would be advantageous to me. Could be to someone else, though. Could be one scum member who has something special they can do there. Or not.

I do think it's extremely early to make generalizations, but that was the first vote, and it did result in the death of a townie, so it's not something that I think should be completely dismissed, either.

Does this mean we can officially put slats on scum-watch?

Those paying attention noticed that I voted for you before Crusher, so Crusher did not set any traps for me.

But having established that we're not lynching you today...

unvote

OMGUS!!!!1!1!11!!!!

vote: Chilean Thundercat

You poo-poo'd the idea in that it was worth talking about, which maybe true, in that we don't know what scum knows or doesn't know. I do however believe talking about game setup naturally gets the game going, so it that sense, it's worthwhile

What do you mean about night actions? I'm missing that angle

You and I differ in that respect, then. I think it's a waste of time to discuss game setup on day one without more evidence. But if you want to do it, i'm not going to go ape sh*t on you. I've said this a number of times before in previous games fwiw. It seems to me that when people get a new wrinkle (like the AVATAR game) you guys obsess over that crap and forget to play mafia.

And as for night, simply whether we should be moving into other rooms when we now know from Lily (as far as I gather) that the kitchen is now a neutral space. We can talk about the upside vs downside of moving, which i'm more than happy to share my thoughts about it when we can actually need to be talking about it. If random events beneficial or detrimental can happen to both scum or town, if and when is it the right time to move, etc. I don't know if that's the case, maybe Lily can specify. But for now, i'm treating it like any other day one.

You and I differ in that respect, then. I think it's a waste of time to discuss game setup on day one without more evidence. But if you want to do it, i'm not going to go ape sh*t on you. I've said this a number of times before in previous games fwiw. It seems to me that when people get a new wrinkle (like the AVATAR game) you guys obsess over that crap and forget to play mafia.

And as for night, simply whether we should be moving into other rooms when we now know from Lily (as far as I gather) that the kitchen is now a neutral space. We can talk about the upside vs downside of moving, which i'm more than happy to share my thoughts about it when we can actually need to be talking about it. If random events beneficial or detrimental can happen to both scum or town, if and when is it the right time to move, etc. I don't know if that's the case, maybe Lily can specify. But for now, i'm treating it like any other day one.

You always say this, but you always get dragged in. I hate it and it always make me think you are scummy.

Cool story, bro.

Anyone who feels they can put together a case this early on day one of D1 has my complete and total attention.

I didn't really get to play your game, and this one started with me at work last night and I was more than happy to get started and joke around with my mafia buddies. I voted 80 to put a couple votes on the newb and see how he reacts, nothing more. The only time to be able to do that would be when someone else had a vote on him. I figured a second quick vote would have the potential to elicit more of a response. We don't lynch n00bs on D1 around here, though, so this oppotune vote that you're taking note of is really pretty meaningless. He's not getting lynched today without a full confession, and we both know that.

I don't know what I don't know. There were people interested in the kitchen because of the secret passageway, but there's nothing in my role that suggests that would be advantageous to me. Could be to someone else, though. Could be one scum member who has something special they can do there. Or not.

I do think it's extremely early to make generalizations, but that was the first vote, and it did result in the death of a townie, so it's not something that I think should be completely dismissed, either.

Those paying attention noticed that I voted for you before Crusher, so Crusher did not set any traps for me.

unvote

OMGUS!!!!1!1!11!!!!

Preemptive strike FTW. For the second time.

The first time was you saying " Hey I didn't vote kitchen! " on my iPhone and can't look back.

FWIW I am trying to be mote decisive. Last year I was too wishy washy

Cool story, bro.

unvote

OMGUS!!!!1!1!11!!!!

Truth Jimmy.

Vote JVOR

Don't be offended ... you seem nowhere near as icky as Dane Cook and it's not hard to be more attractive than he is, so they probably mean you're like a funnier, improved version of him.

I agree that we probably gained very little information from this one event, especially as it happened so early in the day phase. But I am always wary of you and your evil ways. So I like seeing ctm prodding you. :)

Don't be offended ... you seem nowhere near as icky as Dane Cook and it's not hard to be more attractive than he is, so they probably mean you're like a funnier, improved version of him.

I agree that we probably gained very little information from this one event, especially as it happened so early in the day phase. But I am always wary of you and your evil ways. So I like seeing ctm prodding you. :)

Be careful what you wish for my dear.

And now he's setting a trap by voting Gato. Thing is, everyone keeps saying they're setting traps by voting noobs. Kind of defeats the purpose of the trap if you announce you're setting a trap. "Amirite?"

Sorry. I am the Chilean thundercat. That's why he said omgus because I voted him.

Preemptive strike FTW. For the second time.

The first time was you saying " Hey I didn't vote kitchen! " on my iPhone and can't look back.

FWIW I am trying to be mote decisive. Last year I was too wishy washy

Haha! That was more me saying, "Don't blame me, I voted for Mondale." There's not much to that, or anything else this early in the game - other than you trying to make something of it. Hence my vote.

I'm guessing that the vast majority -if not all- of the players in this game voted for the room blindly.

However, the only real hard data we have at this point in the game is that a number of people voted kitchen, and that directly resulted in a dead townie. I'm not going to go all ballistic on kitchen voters as a result, but it's something to file away and see how the next couple of room selections play out.

I think that discussing setup is a lot better then letting discussions about what crusher is having for his third dinner or the new blouse jif just bought bleed past the first 24 hrs..

I actually just watched a couple of clips, and I totally came away thinking the same exact thing.

I think that discussing setup is a lot better then letting discussions about what crusher is having for his third dinner or the new blouse jif just bought bleed past the first 24 hrs..

If I was wearing a blouse, you be the dude with mirrors on your shoes.

However, the only real hard data we have at this point in the game is that a number of people voted kitchen, and that directly resulted in a dead townie. I'm not going to go all ballistic on kitchen voters as a result, but it's something to file away and see how the next couple of room selections play out.

Has Lily confirmed or denied that anyone has any prior knowledge of what's in the rooms?

Archived