Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

You know, accusing another player of metagaming tends to have more bite when you aren't doing the same thing yourself in the same damn post

This is starting to like like sloppy posting from someone who can't keep track of the arguments they're using to push a result, which I've found to be a pretty typical scumtell.

Still ok with the vote on slats, but I'm watching you a bit closely too.

(So for god's sake, put some damn clothes on!)

I'm aware of the contradiction Doggin. ;)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So in other words: OMGUS

Nope, no need for other words.

It's way too early for these well-defined cases. I'm always much more wary of the people putting together these cases early in games than I am compelled to believe the cases themselves. It's just that obviously when the case is about me, and I know that I'm a townie (not asking anyone else to believe it because I say it, but it does just happen to be my personal frame of reference), then it's just that much easier for me to see that a case is being contructed entirely out of nothing.

I28, it seems you have 2 theories at work here:

1) Me and slats are in cahoots and planned the kitchen death.

or

2) Slats lured me, innocent townie noob, into saying something to trigger the kitchen death.

Is the above correct, or too simplistic?

Actually these are just discussion points JF80 to add to the theory that you guys have piloted all day... about how scum purposefully wanted us in the kitchen because they might have had hints/knowledge about that room.

You can add this to the mix too: perhaps Slats is town and asked a simple question, and you are scum and had a "hint" that by mentioning alternative ways of dying, you could set off an event for a kill - maybe you didn't know which room and got lucky on D1? Dunno...

The reason for this exercise is basically to see how some of you turd nuggets respond, and to accentuate the fact that discussing game setup is pointless... because we can sit here and play "what if" forever, exhausting every little angle of this theory you guys have been batting around.

Nope, no need for other words.

It's way too early for these well-defined cases. I'm always much more wary of the people putting together these cases early in games than I am compelled to believe the cases themselves. It's just that obviously when the case is about me, and I know that I'm a townie (not asking anyone else to believe it because I say it, but it does just happen to be my personal frame of reference), then it's just that much easier for me to see that a case is being contructed entirely out of nothing.

You aren't reading... I have made it perfectly clear that all I'm discussing are "what if" scenarios. Perfectly clear. You are the one concluding that they are absolute.

You caught the vote because you are amidst the guys pinging me right now, and I wanted to see what you had to say for yourself. I haven't decided if you over-defended because you are scum, or because I drive you nuts.

Actually these are just discussion points JF80 to add to the theory that you guys have piloted all day... about how scum purposefully wanted us in the kitchen because they might have had hints/knowledge about that room.

You can add this to the mix too: perhaps Slats is town and asked a simple question, and you are scum and had a "hint" that by mentioning alternative ways of dying, you could set off an event for a kill - maybe you didn't know which room and got lucky on D1? Dunno...

The reason for this exercise is basically to see how some of you turd nuggets respond, and to accentuate the fact that discussing game setup is pointless... because we can sit here and play "what if" forever, exhausting every little angle of this theory you guys have been batting around.

I love how you came out all gang-busters, and now have your monkey tail between your legs.

You pushed this theory harder than any of us guys. You get pushed back, and now it's just discussion points.

Funny stuff.

Doggin's gotta be way off his game to be agreeing with your monkey azz. And I say that because as a late addition, I'm all but certain that Doggin has to be town.

I'd love to do something other than bat around this theory, I really do. But like I said, I just don't know what else there is out there at the moment. We've had a room vote, the kitchen incident, and a bunch of gay jokes. So, yes, it would probably be a good idea to hash out every little angle we can, no?

Your case building is terrible and your defending is worse. OMGUS and now you're essentially dropping a "You're stupid" defense.

Pretty lazy which is not a quality that is typically attached to you. Anyways,

Interesting post, too.

I'm not building any cases right now, so my case building skills are not on display.

I said that the idea that JF80 and I are scummates, and that we connocted this scheme to get a day one of D1 kill is stupid because it is. Scum isn't going to expose two members like that right out of the shoot. I don't know what 80's alignment is, but it has no bearing on mine. That, I can promise you.

sorry to interrupt the nerd war but how is this getting us any closer to lynching JiF?

I28's seemingly never ending pontifications are once again giving me gas. I wonder if he has a mirror above his monitor so he can see himself type.

I28's hypocrisy regarding metagaming is interesting indeed. Can someone metagame for me and tell me if I28 is usually for or against metagaming?

I28 is about I28 and not much else.

metagaming has never been much of a topic round these parts.

Also if you guys wanna discuss setup, there's the matter of what role/alignment Doggin could have that Lily was willing to leave him out. I'm thinking townie (roled or unroled) or symp but not straight scum, but I'm not too comfortable with this because it is gaming the mod a bit.

I still don't know what it means, though I assume it's something to do with talking about things that don't deal with actual gameplay.

Also if you guys wanna discuss setup, there's the matter of what role/alignment Doggin could have that Lily was willing to leave him out. I'm thinking townie (roled or unroled) or symp but not straight scum, but I'm not too comfortable with this because it is gaming the mod a bit.

To be honest, it's a little disappointing that she added that Doggin could or could not be added to the game. Obviously indicates he's not straight scum since the game would've been theoretically somewhat balanced without him.

I voted CTM instead of Song or slats because he seemed to me to be pushing the kitchen discussion harder. I'll be sitting out the kitchen discussion in favor of trying to find scum.

sorry the kitchen discussion interrupted your scum hunting by giving you an actual game related reason to vote..

so who were you tracking, before this useless distraction started?

You are being smarmy and not your typical analytical self.

Pretty lazy which is not a quality that is typically attached to you. Anyways,

poor slats, last game someone thought it was scummy that he was posting pictures, i28 was it? slats .. the serious guy in a room full of tards..

Precisely why your day one "what have we learned" reeks of steering the town toward a 1-dimensional outlook on the kitchen voters - made obvious by your reaction to my post where I voted Slats.

So dismissive... even if you didn't know what you were doing when you said "stab" perhaps Slats did know what he was doing when he was trying to get people to guess "why scum wanted to go to the kitchen." Perhaps, he did know he was supposed to get people to say something about the kitchen to trigger an event.

You wanted to discuss the setup, so don't blow it off when people start questioning the way things shook out the minute your own name comes up. You are right at the center of it.

I'm very scared. The ape and I are thinking alike at the moment.

this is odd, that you'd agree.. considering the bolded is something you thought was ridiculous a couple of hours ago?

Doggin's gotta be way off his game to be agreeing with your monkey azz. And I say that because as a late addition, I'm all but certain that Doggin has to be town.

To be honest, it's a little disappointing that she added that Doggin could or could not be added to the game. Obviously indicates he's not straight scum since the game would've been theoretically somewhat balanced without him.

i'd agree roleless town or some type of third party. Lily said she checked with DPR for balance, and I know he's a cowboy, but having an opional scum member doesn't seem likely.. I played in another DPR's game where he was tweaking balance in realtime, it's possible that town/scum was given extra powers to account for doggin's entry into the game??

I love how you came out all gang-busters, and now have your monkey tail between your legs.

I have to have some caffeine reread all those words again, but I have to agree that this is my perception and I don't like it. Incidently, when i was making the posts about the kitchen, I knew I was going to get heat and one of the things I was wondering if you or song would do the same as i28 seems to be doing, back off and leave me on an island. Song addrressed it head on by asking why wwwombat didn't vote her, so I actually feel pretty good about her right now. (why would scum put herself in the cross hairs in that spot).. You seemed to avoid it all together until the ape started flinging poop around again..

I have to have some caffeine reread all those words again, but I have to agree that this is my perception and I don't like it. Incidently, when i was making the posts about the kitchen, I knew I was going to get heat and one of the things I was wondering if you or song would do the same as i28 seems to be doing, back off and leave me on an island. Song addrressed it head on by asking why wwwombat didn't vote her, so I actually feel pretty good about her right now. (why would scum put herself in the cross hairs in that spot).. You seemed to avoid it all together until the ape started flinging poop around again..

Then again you're pretty much a sucker for anything with t!ts. :P

Vote: Jetscode

Would like to hear more from some of the quieter players for now.

I think CTM warrants keeping an eye on... however, knowing how he rolls he could just as easily be seeing who jumps on and supports this nonsense after he nudges it.

i don't do things like that..

also, if it's "nonsense" why are you building a case off of it?

I agreed with your general focus - Slats has me suspicious, as does JF80 (who is playing like either an all-star in the making or someone who's being coached by a more experienced player), probably more than any other player through that point in the thread. But the specifics? No. I made that clear in my response to CTM earlier.

i see.. maybe read more carefully when blanket agreeing with monkey posts..

Metagaming at its finest. :rolleyes:

Here you are basically saying the same thing I did... what if there are scum team members that have enough info to try to bait town into triggering events. All I did was connect that premise to some of the things that transpired. Key words I asked were "what if?" Both you and JF80 are getting hyper defensive though... not where you thought steering this kitchen voters theory would go?

Wait, you just summarized my premise above - but now its stupid? Hahahah.... and a little bit of OMGUS to boot! Not scummy at all...

You are being smarmy and not your typical analytical self.

You are the scummiest player in the history of mafia. Whether its intentional or not, I dont know...but all you posts over the last 2 pages are pure hypocrisy.

Accusing someone of metagaming (starting to really hate this stupid ******* term) but your whole case on Slats is based off metagaming. And you are getting JF80 about pushing set up ideas, but you are the one making the water murky by pushing it further.

Ih8U want to vote you but JVOR's was doing something similar and I've seen him do it before and it was very dangerous.

No coaching going on Doggin, so I accept your compliment. If I had a coach, he'd need to be online a lot. Notice how much post-whoring I've been doing all freaking day. I literally could not have found a better offseason time-waster than this game.

And all these dipsh*ts were excited for Gato? Where is he btw?

sorry to interrupt the nerd war but how is this getting us any closer to lynching JiF?

I28's seemingly never ending pontifications are once again giving me gas. I wonder if he has a mirror above his monitor so he can see himself type.

You dont even have a vote on me moron. Give it up...you're not my type.

You pushed this theory harder than any of us guys. You get pushed back, and now it's just discussion points.

Funny stuff.

I scatter shot a bunch of different angles on the "scum knew the kitchen was a death trap" theory that was discussed all day while I was at work. I'm not backing off sh*t, I brought up points for 2 reasons - to see who would be opportunistic and ride the monkey, and to demonstrate that discussing set-up especially in relation to the kitchen death is an exercise in tail chasing.

I've been as consistent, in getting across the point that I feel these are all discussion tied to one theory about setup, as I feel I needed to be. All I'm seeing from you now is a lot of defensive posts - saturated with OMGUS.

Oh, and the way I see it, we shouldn't assume anything about Doggin.

Yes. Never-ending... you are the dipsh*t that asked "where is the ape?" are you not? You are never shy about jumping in on day one and mixing it up - surprised all you have to offer is your typical snarky remarks, with no YELLING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS!!!! In fact, I'm surprised you didn't jump into the fray on this.... just to see what comes out of it.

I28's hypocrisy regarding metagaming is interesting indeed. Can someone metagame for me and tell me if I28 is usually for or against metagaming?

Is it hypocrisy if I did it intentionally to see who tried to make more of it than it is? Just wondering...

Metagaming never comes up. Ever.

poor slats, last game someone thought it was scummy that he was posting pictures, i28 was it? slats .. the serious guy in a room full of tards..

Yup. :D

this is odd, that you'd agree.. considering the bolded is something you thought was ridiculous a couple of hours ago?

Oh, my goodness.... will you look at that...

i don't do things like that..

also, if it's "nonsense" why are you building a case off of it?

i see.. maybe read more carefully when blanket agreeing with monkey posts..

You never do things like that? I supposed if I point out examples, you'll do the whole "look monkey is metagaming some more!!!"

Typically, I think discussing game setup is nonsense. Especially when 1/8 of the game is discussing it and not considering all the angles. So, like I said, I threw a bunch of crap at the wall there, to see what would stick... and to see what stunk in the process.

Only about 1/3 of the game was online last night... but look at the reactions to my monkey business.

Doggin piggy-back voting slats behind me - and I have to re-read, but did he insinuate that JF80 is being coached??

Wombat is now "tracking" me

Vic nudges

JF80 showed us his defensive skills

Pac is actually staying out of the fray

I got us some reactions to look at. You have to cast a line if you want to get a nibble.

You are the scummiest player in the history of mafia. Whether its intentional or not, I dont know...but all you posts over the last 2 pages are pure hypocrisy.

Accusing someone of metagaming (starting to really hate this stupid ******* term) but your whole case on Slats is based off metagaming. And you are getting JF80 about pushing set up ideas, but you are the one making the water murky by pushing it further.

Ih8U want to vote you but JVOR's was doing something similar and I've seen him do it before and it was very dangerous.

Thank you, I try. Voting me would be a mistake though.

Not all of them. :D

You dont even have a vote on me moron. Give it up...you're not my type.

Pac is keeping his vote buried on a player he knows will not be lynched today... and keeping his typically arrogant self out of the mix otherwise.

No JiF, he has his vote on me, apparently based on his usual strategy to trip up noobs on day 1. Likewise, I have my vote on him until something better comes along.

Starting to think Pac might not be a bad place for a vote.

Vote: JETSCODE

You didn't need to shout...LOL.

My take on the kitchen controversary...its all just the flavor of the game. Lily has modded using this theme before and the rooms provide an element of randomness to the game...I doubt she tipped off scum to what room would lead to what result...suspect she has options for each depending on what trigger (if any) sets it off. This time she used a word, the next time could be a certain amount of smilies in post(yes, she used # smilies as one trigger in the a forementioned previous game). Really, no way to determine the trigger in advance unless you could read her mind.

With that said, the events sometimes provide a hint or an appearance of a hint to one of the players inside the room. Unfortunately, SMC was offed due to the randomness of the event. The next room may provide one player a free alignment check on another or another type of hint. Again, no way to really tell without reading her mind so can't see casing players based on whether they were in the room or were dropping words to hit a trigger. Just too many complexities in that approach.

I do find it interesting that several players are attempting to use the kitchen controvesary as a basis to scumhunt. Bears watching...

Probably cooking up a theory that suggests SMC is not in fact dead.

Also, he's probably torn because he'd agree with I28 that discussing game setup is pointless (after all, to him, gameplanning in the NFL has no bearing on the outcome of games), except that it was I28, his mortal enemy, who suggested it.

Probably cooking up a theory that suggests SMC is not in fact dead.

Also, he's probably torn because he'd agree with I28 that discussing game setup is pointless (after all, to him, gameplanning in the NFL has no bearing on the outcome of games), except that it was I28, his mortal enemy, who suggested it.

Hahaha... well played.

Thank you, I try. Voting me would be a mistake though.

Not all of them. :D

Pac is keeping his vote buried on a player he knows will not be lynched today... and keeping his typically arrogant self out of the mix otherwise.

Starting to think Pac might not be a bad place for a vote.

Is it a mistake? Would tell me if it werent? lol

Pac has no penis. It explains a lot.

Got at a chance to sit down and noticed a couple things i would like to share. No player by player stuff cause obviously the people that post more would draw more scrutiny this early.

The whole "game set up" discussion thing is really funny here. I'mk usually the first one to accuse scum of redirecting conversation from scum hunting to something else, but in this case it seems reasonable because we know so little about the setup. In Vic's Transformer game, set up talk seemed forced and a ploy cause we knew the game was pretty vanilla and so it is what it is.

But in Thrilly Lilly's game we have no idea what she may be up to. This is a very strange concept and Doggin already told us not to trust someone with two vagina's.. huh what?

So condemning kitchen talk seems almost more slimey than the actual talk. At least it's how i see it. then again I am partial to kitchen talk.

Jet80 is a very nice addition to the game and reminds me of brett when he started. A newb but seems to be catching on quick. did he read a little before he played? or is someone helping him? Great questions, to be answered later, at least after day 1. LOL

I128 the more I read his stuff the more i wish i was derived from reptiles. He is just taking over with his theories and driving the board. As usual. could be scum could be town but his act is worth looking at.

Doggin. Seems to be doing his thing with poking around. but his game play has been limited. The thing that interest me about him is his late entry into the game. Obviously lilly had this game ready to go with or without him. So.. Is he truly one of us townies or is he something else? Something to look at as we play.

Slatsy Watsy. getting pressure and seems to be a trend with him as of late. To early to be to sure, but did find his "no way would I do that as scum" defense kinda odd. I didn;lt necessarily find it scummy but I did find it odd.

Ctm,.Vic, Hess, Jif Pac all seem to be their typical annoying or wonderful selfs. need to look more at them as the game proceeds.

JVOR is sorta got my eye and I think it's more Dan x picking on him then anything, something to watch. Always cute thing.

We do have some low pst count people. but we always do and it's way to soon to really talk much about that. Yet, is Gato even in the game? LOL

So for now vote I128. Monkey likes to bully the board even more as scum then he does as town. I think it was DPR's predator game where I caught him early on as scum but he pushed out of it. I like a little pressure here. *putting on plastic poo protective gear NOW*

Jet80 is a very nice addition to the game and reminds me of brett when he started. A newb but seems to be catching on quick. did he read a little before he played? or is someone helping him? Great questions, to be answered later, at least after day 1. LOL

Thanks Crusher. As I responded to doggin earlier, no I am not being coached. However, I did do some reading before I came on here. I followed the Transformers thread and lurked on the mafia board for a bit to see how things work. I also shot Lily a few PM's with questions. Other than that I'm really just learning as I go.

I scatter shot a bunch of different angles on the "scum knew the kitchen was a death trap" theory that was discussed all day while I was at work. I'm not backing off sh*t, I brought up points for 2 reasons - to see who would be opportunistic and ride the monkey, and to demonstrate that discussing set-up especially in relation to the kitchen death is an exercise in tail chasing.

I've been as consistent, in getting across the point that I feel these are all discussion tied to one theory about setup, as I feel I needed to be. All I'm seeing from you now is a lot of defensive posts - saturated with OMGUS.

So you we're setting a trap, yet your still voting Slats (who was the trap vote) but only cause he got too defensive?

Not being snarky, just making sure I understand

Frankly the only thing that I agreed with I28 on was the fact that slats was playing "out of character." What's uncomfortable for me is I find myself agreeing with doggin, AGAIN on the fact that I28 trying to throw in metagaming is like the boy who cried wolf.

And CTM, it's not about posting pictures and those kinds of things that bothered me about slats. It was his lack of trying to do anything substantial. Throw in lazy defenses and preemptively trying to undercut any heat that may come his way (I wasn't in the kitchen, stating OMGUS on his vote on me and putting out the inactivity thing there last night) and I still feel best about slats. Is it a case closed matter? Absolutely not, just the best I have for now.

You didn't need to shout...LOL.

My take on the kitchen controversary...its all just the flavor of the game. Lily has modded using this theme before and the rooms provide an element of randomness to the game...I doubt she tipped off scum to what room would lead to what result...suspect she has options for each depending on what trigger (if any) sets it off. This time she used a word, the next time could be a certain amount of smilies in post(yes, she used # smilies as one trigger in the a forementioned previous game). Really, no way to determine the trigger in advance unless you could read her mind.

With that said, the events sometimes provide a hint or an appearance of a hint to one of the players inside the room. Unfortunately, SMC was offed due to the randomness of the event. The next room may provide one player a free alignment check on another or another type of hint. Again, no way to really tell without reading her mind so can't see casing players based on whether they were in the room or were dropping words to hit a trigger. Just too many complexities in that approach.

I do find it interesting that several players are attempting to use the kitchen controvesary as a basis to scumhunt. Bears watching...

lol. Was just putting the letters into all caps. Anyone standing out to you as suspicious so far?

Archived