Any chance Tanny trades back

BroadwayJ667

Im usually of the belief that the only player a team will trade up for is a quarterback. and that plays nicely with the trade down.

If Mallet or Locker falls (unlikely) or there's a 2nd round QB that someone wants real bad (more likely) then yes I think the Jets very well could trade back. It's more feasible this years than in other years. I could see a team loving Stanzi, Kaepernick or even Ponder and wanting to make sure they get that player.

I can see it, with all the players they have to resign they might not wanna spend money on a 1st rounder or just simply dont like the players available

I agree but arranging for a trade down is harder than wanting to trade down. There has to be a market for the pick. One would imagine the Jags wanted to trade down last year but if there's no market for it they just take alualu at 10.

also if there's no cba there's no player for pick trades... no player trades at all... also complicates matters.

Im usually of the belief that the only player a team will trade up for is a quarterback. and that plays nicely with the trade down.

If Mallet or Locker falls (unlikely) or there's a 2nd round QB that someone wants real bad (more likely) then yes I think the Jets very well could trade back. It's more feasible this years than in other years. I could see a team loving Stanzi, Kaepernick or even Ponder and wanting to make sure they get that player.

I haven't been paying attention to the boards much. I guess you aren't sold on Sanchez

Depth was going to be the issue...we heard that a lot. Somehow they managed to load up on the devitos hunter turner drew Coleman Jamal.westermans of the world.

I think lb depth along with safety are the biggest concerns right now depending on which free agents are signed.

Obviously if you lose hunter and Turner old depth becomes an issue again.

You can't sit at the 29 spot, and on February 18th say whether you will trade up or down. It just doesn't happen like that.

Of course you can. You don't have a choice. You can put feelers out, but until the other teams know who is going to be there you don't get to decide. If there is a guy hanging around that people want, like Locker, you can trade down. If there isn't anybody other teams covet you aren't making a move.

Of course you can. You don't have a choice. You can put feelers out, but until the other teams know who is going to be there you don't get to decide. If there is a guy hanging around that people want, like Locker, you can trade down. If there isn't anybody other teams covet you aren't making a move.

No one is thinking that far ahead.

Trades down out of the 29 spot are consummated DURING the draft, not before it. There is just so much that can happen.

Anyway....

No one is thinking that far ahead.

Trades down out of the 29 spot are consummated DURING the draft, not before it. There is just so much that can happen.

Anyway....

Sorry. I completely misread your post. I thought it said April which I assumed was the day of the draft. My post was actually in complete agreement with your point, disguised as a retort. You can't decide to trade up or down until you know who is there. My bad.

I don't agree with the original premise that this isn't a strong draft. For what the Jets need, this is a perfect draft. There are many front seven defensive players with 1st round grades. I would hate to trade back and miss out on a corner stone defensive lineman.

I agree with this.

I don't agree with the original premise that this isn't a strong draft. For what the Jets need, this is a perfect draft. There are many front seven defensive players with 1st round grades. I would hate to trade back and miss out on a corner stone defensive lineman.

Only C's and Q's call a draft weak...'05 is often hailed as a ridiculously terrible draft and the Cowboys still managed to pull out Spears/Ware/Canty/Barber...Giants stole Tuck and got Webster/Jacobs....the draft is what you make it, always.

That said, if you want a cornerstone DL it'd probably be best to move up...which is something I'm 100% into too...

I haven't been paying attention to the boards much. I guess you aren't sold on Sanchez

to be clear the Jets are sold on Sanchez (all in) and so am I. He needs improvement but no way they take another QB high. They could take a developmental QB late (or undrafted) to replace Clemens.

I think that other teams will want to trade back into the first round to get a QB... there is a bumper crop of about 4 QBs that are interesting this year, that doesn't usually happen. Usually there's 1 guy like Colt McCoy or Jimmy Clausen but this year there are several 2nd round QBs. hence a trade down for the Jets is more likely this year than in other years... cause other teams will want to trade up.

Archived