WHO BEITH THE WISEST OF THE JN POSTERS!?!?!!?

SenorGato

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to add Hector. I was the only one that comes to mind that I thought hasn't posted or been mentioned in this thread, but then I remembered he posted about these: shoes_ewing_308x254.jpg

Dbatesman or Aten. You have to be a genius to understand their posts.

Thanks for the acknowledgement guys! Im honored.

I'm a genius! I usually understand DBatesman's posts. I even understand some of Aten's!

I'd also like to put in a vote for #27theDominator.

Seriously? That guy is a dick.

I would say

Football guys with unique insight

1.Jason

2.Sperm'

3.Dom'

4.Bit

Brainy knowledge mongers

1.Rutgers

2.Aten

3.Dbatesmen

4.CTM*

*home town favorite

Good list, definitely could change the category titles to Meat Heads and Dorks.

Am I with the Meat Heads or a Dorks? I need to know if I have to get back in the gym.

Has to be LBS. Lil Bit Special tells it like it is and is a Jets fan living in enemy territory. If you take away his love for the Islanders, Mets and UMass Hockey he is very wise......................Forget my nomination for LBS. I forgot about his other teams :P

hey! in some countries those are considered positive attributes.. somewhere i am considered a treasure.. so step off, young man.. or i will bitch slap you.

:)

You think you're wise because your two letter screen name is vague and mysterious!

Anyway, this thread sucks. TomShane for your answer to those questions three you are in fact the most wisest of the JN posters. No one else answered the questions three.

I was going to add Hector. I was the only one that comes to mind that I thought hasn't posted or been mentioned in this thread, but then I remembered he posted about these: shoes_ewing_308x254.jpg

I only referenced them for their comedic value. For the record, I owned the all-black ones with the fake pump on the side that looked like a basketball with '33' in the middle. Never actually played ball in them, because they were horrible. Back then, I wore my Air Force 180 Barkley's to play - the only pair of sneakers for which I ever spent over $100.

Now that I pretty much know how they fit, look through the Eastbay catalog and buy whichever Nike's that fit my criteria that are on clearance.

I only referenced them for their comedic value. For the record, I owned the all-black ones with the fake pump on the side that looked like a basketball with '33' in the middle. Never actually played ball in them, because they were horrible. Back then, I wore my Air Force 180 Barkley's to play - the only pair of sneakers for which I ever spent over $100.

Now that I pretty much know how they fit, look through the Eastbay catalog and buy whichever Nike's that fit my criteria that are on clearance.

I got a pair of Barkleys for $85. I can't find a picture. They were 3/4 or low - I'm not a big high top fan. That black fake suede and they had the bubble wrapped around the rear like these: CB34BarkLow1.jpgbut they were different. I'd wonder if they were Barkley's but I'm pretty sure they had 34 embroidered on them somewhere. It was black on black so I didnt' care.

My favorites were these: trainer91_blk_wht.jpgbut I missed them last time they repro'd them. They were called Bo Jackson something or other (2 or 3) but they don't call them that now.

You're a dorky meathead

Not bad. I'd better hit the gym anyway. Just in case.

I got a pair of Barkleys for $85. I can't find a picture. They were 3/4 or low - I'm not a big high top fan. That black fake suede and they had the bubble wrapped around the rear like these: CB34BarkLow1.jpgbut they were different. I'd wonder if they were Barkley's but I'm pretty sure they had 34 embroidered on them somewhere. It was black on black so I didnt' care.

My favorites were these: trainer91_blk_wht.jpgbut I missed them last time they repro'd them. They were called Bo Jackson something or other (2 or 3) but they don't call them that now.

My favorite BBall shoes ever...wore them my senior year. So comfortable. Old School Kobe's.

adidas-kobe-shoes-5.jpg

Did you grow up in the 90's?

Those Kobe's are ugly anyway. The current Kobe's are probably the best basketball sneaker I've ever had.

80's:

I live in old school Adidas. I've currently got a pair of black original Sambas, a pair of classic white Stan Smith's and two pairs of Superstar IIs - white with green stripes and white with orange and blue stripes - the NBA style:

1229894-p-2x.jpg

80's:

I live in old school Adidas. I've currently got a pair of black original Sambas and two pairs of Superstar IIs - white with green stripes and white with orange and blue stripes - the NBA style:

1229894-p-2x.jpg

Casual sneakers are a whole other story. The Stan Smiths are probably my favorite.

Basketball sneakers in the 90's though you pretty much had to be wearing Nike's. Between the sneakers and the college bball apparel it was Nike and everyone else.

Your coolness factor drops by rocking Adidas. I pictured you a Nike guy, myself.

What? Adidas are the sh*t. Just ask RUN DMC.

Honestly, I've never been a fan of Nike. I had the Bo Jackson's back in the day because I was obsessed with Bo, but that about it. I never liked Nike Bbbal shoes. Never found a pair that fit me right. I wore their cleats...but never their bball shoes.

When I was playing hoops, I rocked the Chuck T's when they were brought back on the scene in the 90's. My whole team wore them because we were the Patriots and those shoes were Red White and Blue. Had them for 2 year. Then I rocked Kobe's, most comfortable BBall shoe I ever put on. Through college I had a pair Reebok that lasted forever. And now, for the first time in like 15 years, I just bought a pair of Nike and the first day I wore them...I sprained my ankle. ha!

Honestly, I've never been a fan of Nike. I had the Bo Jackson's back in the day because I was obsessed with Bo, but that about it. I never liked Nike Bbbal shoes. Never found a pair that fit me right. I wore their cleats...but never their bball shoes.

When I was playing hoops, I rocked the Chuck T's when they were brought back on the scene in the 90's. My whole team wore them because we were the Patriots and those shoes were Red White and Blue. Had them for 2 year. Then I rocked Kobe's, most comfortable BBall shoe I ever put on. Through college I had a pair Reebok that lasted forever. And now, for the first time in like 15 years, I just bought a pair of Nike and the first day I wore them...I sprained my ankle. ha!

What years were you in high school? I thought you were a 90's guy?

Adidas never had the basketball shoe game...once Webber and company hit Michigan it was Nike.

What years were you in high school? I thought you were a 90's guy?

Adidas never had the basketball shoe game...once Webber and company hit Michigan it was Nike.

94-98

Honestly, my parents didnt have the money to buy me Nike. The only reason I got the Bo Jacksons was because my mom found them on a clearance rack at one of their outlet stores...lol And I truly never found a pair that fit me properly. I've had a size 13 since I was like 14 years old. Shoe shopping for me...sucks.

My shoes were based on, what was under 50 bucks, that fit me. So I wore everything but Nike growing up. Those Kobe's, I paid for since I had to work since I was 15. And Adidas didnt have the BBall shoe game, but those Kobe's were the sh*t.

Ha. I had those Bo Jacksons and I never liked Bo. I always thought he was overrated.

I'm older than most of you guys. I actually did a great deal of my damage in Puma Clydes and Baskets (with black laces of course). Then I switched to Converse the leather ones, like Julius. I got a pair of white on white cheap and tried to dye the stripe royal like my team, but the dye didn't really take. They ended up Carolina blue and everybody in the neighborhood was jealous. Then I wore some New Balance highs. I still have a pair of 790s in excellent condition. Even with Worthy on board, they were just too ugly and I wore them about 100% of the time for school, work, dates, etc. I switched to Nike because they made the best looking stuff and they fit me, but they were overpriced, so I'd generally have some oddball pair. Adidas never fit me right. I have a pair of awesome patent leather high top clamshell screw-in cleats, but they are so long and skinny they kill my feet. I have too much girth! The only thing of theirs I've been able to wear are flipflops. I've been trying to play in my Chucks again. I did it during the heart of the Jordan craze when I saw Micheal Ray Richardson wearing them in a Euro league game. Eventually they seemed so low in the back they bothered me. Now I have black on black Chucks with raised rubber logo. I had a pair of knockoffs like that with molded cleats I got for $3 from Meyer the Buyer I would kill for today. My grandfather cut the nubs off to wear them to tar the roof(!)

And Adidas didnt have the BBall shoe game, but those Kobe's were the sh*t.

FYI they actually just retro'd the Crazy 8's if you missed them that much.

Little known fact but Adidas ALMOST owned the sneaker game. Jordan was going to leave Nike for them after the 2's bombed, then Nike hired Tinker Hatfield to design the cement 3's and the story is that Jordan fell in love with them as soon as he walked into the meeting room. The rest is history.

I'm not proud of knowing this at all, but the Nike Outlet at Sawgrass Mills in FL has tons of these still and they do take phone orders.

Retro'ing in 3 weeks btw. Been looking forward to it for a while. And they're doing a pretty awesome cool grey scheme with them over the summer that's never been done before.

Wow, really? Awesome....I need to pick those up. I dont believe they've ever been retro'd before have they?

Better pic

airwayup.jpg

Archived