Shott MUST go!!!!

The Mytee Markjets

Shotty's play calling isnt ALL bad. ( yikes, did I just say that! ) To me , the problem is that the plays we run, are not suited for the TALENT we have on this team. We have EXPLOSIVE players, and shotty calls a TIMID attack. Weather Im disagreed with or not, Its what I see. I think we need an OC with a little less "creativity", and little more " stop us if you can" plays. Teams that use their plays that accentuate the Talent they have WIN!! Shottys plays always seem to try to "gimmick" defenses that arent that good. That stupid stretch-play NEVER works! ( I HATE that f##kng play! ) I could go on and on. Brad smith should pass out of the wildcat , WHY? Because IT JUST MAKES F##ckng SENSE, THATS WHY!!! Shonne gets it rolling vs Seelers to 2yd line, Shotty PASSES on 1st & 2nd down!! Hes like Wile E. Cyote drawing up these ridiculous plays and that is not going to get it done for us. I compare it to the Yankees. The Yanks dont aquire "Bombers", to play "small-ball". Its like were a formula-one racing car, and shotty wont go over 55 for fear of getting a ticket. :blink: I get sick because all teams know our play before we even run it. We need to play to OUR strengths, and DARE teams to stop us...kinda like the hmmm, Colts, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, and others. We are not imposing on offense, way too submissive, like the counter-puncher that has a chin-shot for the knockout, but wont swing because hes waiting for the opponent to swing first. Its just how I feel when I watch our offense play under this guy! GO JETS in 11!!! :box:

Shotty's play calling isnt ALL bad. ( yikes, did I just say that! ) To me , the problem is that the plays we run, are not suited for the TALENT we have on this team. We have EXPLOSIVE players, and shotty calls a TIMID attack. Weather Im disagreed with or not, Its what I see. I think we need an OC with a little less "creativity", and little more " stop us if you can" plays. Teams that use their plays that accentuate the Talent they have WIN!! Shottys plays always seem to try to "gimmick" defenses that arent that good. That stupid stretch-play NEVER works! ( I HATE that f##kng play! ) I could go on and on. Brad smith should pass out of the wildcat , WHY? Because IT JUST MAKES F##ckng SENSE, THATS WHY!!! Shonne gets it rolling vs Seelers to 2yd line, Shotty PASSES on 1st & 2nd down!! Hes like Wile E. Cyote drawing up these ridiculous plays and that is not going to get it done for us. I compare it to the Yankees. The Yanks dont aquire "Bombers", to play "small-ball". Its like were a formula-one racing car, and shotty wont go over 55 for fear of getting a ticket. :blink: I get sick because all teams know our play before we even run it. We need to play to OUR strengths, and DARE teams to stop us...kinda like the hmmm, Colts, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, and others. We are not imposing on offense, way too submissive, like the counter-puncher that has a chin-shot for the knockout, but wont swing because hes waiting for the opponent to swing first. Its just how I feel when I watch our offense play under this guy! GO JETS in 11!!! :box:

FWIW, Brad Smith threw a TD pass last season.

not for nothing their is absolutely nothing ridiuclous about Wile E. Coyote's strategies he just underestimated the rascally-ness of the rabbit.

That being said, nice off season rant, :D

i beleive shotty has all the tools to be a great oc.but to figure out why he isnt,all one has to do is google the phrase"outsmarts himself constantly".all you need to know.i agree,he needs to scrap the whole "confuse the defense stadegy" and adopt the "play to your teams strengths" stadegy.

FWIW, Brad Smith threw a TD pass last season.

Im not debating that, bro. but it makes my point even more. That is a WEAPON we have. An Explosive player who can make explosive plays!! Yet EVERY game , you and I both heard announcers say time and time again...." It'll be great to see him throw aout of that formaation. That one play is a weapon we should make use of whenever WE decide. not just for 1 TD ALL YEAR!! w

So what if they think its coming, stopping it is easier said than done. Im not saying that im married to that play only, I just hate this punk-a$$ style of approach we have with Brian SHOTT us in the a$$ again Hiemer!!! :spin:

This is the exact kind of bullsh*t I usually spend four hours debunking for no reason.

The problem is that teams know our play before we even run it, but the Jets should just run THEIR plays and DARE teams to stop them? Sounds contradictory to me.

The stretch play NEVER works? First of all that should be on Callahan since we are giving him so much ******* credit for our rushing success and the stretch play is one obvious use of his blocking schemes.

Additionally, see, LT's 20 yard TD v Denver. In the first destruction of the Bills game I remember Pozlusky saying they ran nothing but stretch and belly plays the whole game. Before the AFC title game Gruden was saying the Jets had success running against the Steelers and he cited the stretch play. Shonn Greene's "go to sleep" run against the Pats in the divisional game was a stretch play. I guess you are right. They should stop using it altogether.

There. That only took five minutes.

Well as far as "De-Bunking " ( I think u were trying to be "De- meaning" ) but whatever the case, You cited 3-4 times the play was successfull. Well , my mom can run for over 100yds using any running play vs the Bills. Second, John Gruden " Cited "stretch-play success vs Steelers. You can cite all u want to, but if you were watching with your OWN eys, instead of validating YOUR BULLsh*t with J.Gruden's opinion, You wouldnt be so quick to write off someones elses opinion as BS..Which thankfully, you are here to de-bunk! Anyone who watched any jets game this year could see that that play almost always resulted in a short gain, loss,3rd & Long, or (Like vs Steelers) FUMBLE! Ask John Gruden how that worked out vs Steelers! :Lame:

What bothered me most about our offense was that we would line up in our "big" formation only to throw out of it. That is where shottie outsmarted himself imo. We all heard Santonio complain about starting the game on the bench. what was worse was we passed while he was on the bench.

Not as bad as the days where Chrebet's mom could tell when we were going to run the draw...

Honestly the past 2 years, with a great OC who playcalls, gameplans, and rhythm builds like a pro, would be the beginning of a dynasty with two SB wins. Instead...well yeah.

He's in the process of destroying his 4th QB here. He must be stopped.

Well as far as "De-Bunking " ( I think u were trying to be "De- meaning" ) but whatever the case, You cited 3-4 times the play was successfull. Well , my mom can run for over 100yds using any running play vs the Bills. Second, John Gruden " Cited "stretch-play success vs Steelers. You can cite all u want to, but if you were watching with your OWN eys, instead of validating YOUR BULLsh*t with J.Gruden's opinion, You wouldnt be so quick to write off someones elses opinion as BS..Which thankfully, you are here to de-bunk! Anyone who watched any jets game this year could see that that play almost always resulted in a short gain, loss,3rd & Long, or (Like vs Steelers) FUMBLE! Ask John Gruden how that worked out vs Steelers! :Lame:

I wasn't trying to be demeaning, but maybe I should have. I did watch the games WITH MY OWN EYES nad I remembered two TDs off-hand without seeing a Jets game in two months. You said it NEVER worked, I cited two TDs without John Gruden's help. End of discussion, you are wrong and that is not an opinion. I also stated that it is probably Callahan's play so any hatred (or credit) due should go his way.

I get it. You think the Jets should have the Colts or Pats offense. If the Jets fire Schottenheimer that will instantly happen. Problem is, they have a inexperienced and inconsistent QB and a head coach that wants to run, run and run some more so that they can eat clock.

Running game does well = Hurray we have Bill Callahan! We wish you were the OC so you could do the playcalling and gameplanning and rhythm building!

Running game doesn't do well = BOOOOOOO Schitty! The offense and it's production is all on yoooooou!

This is the exact kind of bullsh*t I usually spend four hours debunking for no reason.

The problem is that teams know our play before we even run it, but the Jets should just run THEIR plays and DARE teams to stop them? Sounds contradictory to me.

The stretch play NEVER works? First of all that should be on Callahan since we are giving him so much ******* credit for our rushing success and the stretch play is one obvious use of his blocking schemes.

Additionally, see, LT's 20 yard TD v Denver. In the first destruction of the Bills game I remember Pozlusky saying they ran nothing but stretch and belly plays the whole game. Before the AFC title game Gruden was saying the Jets had success running against the Steelers and he cited the stretch play. Shonn Greene's "go to sleep" run against the Pats in the divisional game was a stretch play. I guess you are right. They should stop using it altogether.

There. That only took five minutes.

Seemed a bit contradictory to me as well, but I see where hes coming from. The problems I see with Shotty is he tries to run too complicated an offense. Teams like the ones mentioned in the Original Post run simplified offenses and dare you to stop them, therefore making it much easier on the QB and the receivers to be on the same page.

When the Jets went to a more simplified scheme they played much better and seemed to get in rhythm faster and I think they need to stay in that type of offense. All that being said I still DO NOT trust Shotty to not sh*t the bed in a big moment in a playoff game. If this team goes 16-0 I still do not trust Shotty in the playoffs and never will. I knew we had enough talent to get a playoff berth last year and win in the playoffs but I knew in the back of my mind (and I said it all year long) we would probably lose a game due to Shotties stupidity at some point and sure enough we did. An 8 minute drive in the 4th Quarter with no sense of urgency and terrible play calling at the goaline is ALL ON THE OC and inexcusable and it basicly cost us a SB berth. All during that Drive Rex was pushing Shotty to get play calls in and he was late more often than not, if the head sets went out (interesting) why were signals not part of the freakin equasion ? or fast substitutions ? Shotty seems unprepared and also over thinks many situations and how other teams might scheme for him, he is also very predictable (this sounds like a contradiction but not in Shottys world). Sure we played bad in the first half but we took control of the football game in the second half and should have won the game vs the Steelers.

Seemed a bit contradictory to me as well, but I see where hes coming from. The problems I see with Shotty is he tries to run too complicated an offense. Teams like the ones mentioned in the Original Post run simplified offenses and dare you to stop them, therefore making it much easier on the QB and the receivers to be on the same page.

When the Jets went to a more simplified scheme they played much better and seemed to get in rhythm faster and I think they need to stay in that type of offense. All that being said I still DO NOT trust Shotty to not sh*t the bed in a big moment in a playoff game. If this team goes 16-0 I still do not trust Shotty in the playoffs and never will. I knew we had enough talent to get a playoff berth last year and win in the playoffs but I knew in the back of my mind (and I said it all year long) we would probably lose a game due to Shotties stupidity at some point and sure enough we did. An 8 minute drive in the 4th Quarter with no sense of urgency and terrible play calling at the goaline is ALL ON THE OC and inexcusable and it basicly cost us a SB berth. All during that Drive Rex was pushing Shotty to get play calls in and he was late more often than not, if the head sets went out (interesting) why were signals not part of the freakin equasion ? or fast substitutions ? Shotty seems unprepared and also over thinks many situations and how other teams might scheme for him, he is also very predictable (this sounds like a contradiction but not in Shottys world). Sure we played bad in the first half but we took control of the football game in the second half and should have won the game vs the Steelers.

Sorry to disagree, but that AFC Championship game was lost in the first half, and primarily on the defense with poor tackling and failure to get off the field. The offense did not help, but the defense was just plain bad.

Say what you want about Schotty and play calling, but that was not the biggest problem in that game

Sorry to disagree, but that AFC Championship game was lost in the first half, and primarily on the defense with poor tackling and failure to get off the field. The offense did not help, but the defense was just plain bad.

Say what you want about Schotty and play calling, but that was not the biggest problem in that game

I know the game was lost in the first half and made mention of that, but we had the momentum in the second half and we were doing to the Steelers what they did to us in the first half. We let valuable time run off the clock in the 4th quarter and made bone headed calls at the goalline in what was then a close game and would have put us within a TD aganist a team that could not stop us at that point. We had them on the ropes. That 8 minute drive was more detrimental than not scoring the TD since it took so much time off the clock. We could have saved at the very least 2-3 minutes in a no huddle mabye even more and sh*ttidiot got the plays in on time. Sure we would not have been in that situation if the first half was more competitive but it was not I still felt like in the second half we were taking full control of that game and Shoty hit th breaks with stupidity and the inability to show some urgency.

I know the game was lost in the first half and made mention of that, but we had the momentum in the second half and we were doing to the Steelers what they did to us in the first half. We let valuable time run off the clock in the 4th quarter and made bone headed calls at the goalline in what was then a close game and would have put us within a TD aganist a team that could not stop us at that point. We had them on the ropes. That 8 minute drive was more detrimental than not scoring the TD since it took so much time off the clock. We could have saved at the very least 2-3 minutes in a no huddle mabye even more and sh*ttidiot got the plays in on time. Sure we would not have been in that situation if the first half was more competitive but it was not I still felt like in the second half we were taking full control of that game and Shoty hit th breaks with stupidity and the inability to show some urgency.

Better execution on the pass to the TE, and it is a TD at the goalline. The play was there to be had, the execution was not. That does not make it a bad call.

A rushing play COULD have been stuffed for negative yardage. No one knows.

Archived