Nenad Krstic

Falcon63

Who the f*ck is this guy? Everyone was making a big deal about us trading Perk, and while Krstic's defense is less-than-stellar, he is definitely making up for it on offense and with rebounding. In only 8 games and 28 minutes per game, he's averaging 13.5 points and 7.7 rebounds per game. While these aren't the greatest stats, this is coming from a guy who jumped right into a new system and was basically unheard of before, and he has yet to have a single bad offensive game so far.

No, I'm not going to start overrating him, but to say that he hasn't amassed expectations is ridiculous. For those who said that this was a bad deal, I am questioning your sanity. The big piece in the trade, Green, hasn't even broken out yet, and the scrub that was added in as salary filler is now far exceeding expectations.

Who the f*ck is this guy? Everyone was making a big deal about us trading Perk, and while Krstic's defense is less-than-stellar, he is definitely making up for it on offense and with rebounding. In only 8 games and 28 minutes per game, he's averaging 13.5 points and 7.7 rebounds per game. While these aren't the greatest stats, this is coming from a guy who jumped right into a new system and was basically unheard of before, and he has yet to have a single bad offensive game so far.

No, I'm not going to start overrating him, but to say that he hasn't amassed expectations is ridiculous. For those who said that this was a bad deal, I am questioning your sanity. The big piece in the trade, Green, hasn't even broken out yet, and the scrub that was added in as salary filler is now far exceeding expectations.

Unheard of? Don't ever post about basketball again. I have been out of the country for 5 years and have watched around 3 NBA games in that time and I know plenty about Krstic.

Actually, I agree with you. He was a nobody before the Big 3 came, but since then, he has improved so much from playing with them that he is now a top 2-3 PG.

He was only a nobody, because you weren't a fan of the celtics until '07. You don't get to be a nobody by playing for kentucky, leaving early and getting drafted in the first round.

He was only a nobody, because you weren't a fan of the celtics until '07. You don't get to be a nobody by playing for kentucky, leaving early and getting drafted in the first round.

I'm not a bandwagoner like you probably are.

Didn't you stop rooting for your hometown team, the Pats, just because they lost their best player to the Jets? You bandwagon, you're just bad at it.

I was 5...and it wasn't because they lost their best player, it was because Curtis Martin was the first player I ever knew. Oh, and I was only 5. That's not bandwagoning, especially to a team like the Jets.

You bandwagon, you're just bad at it.

Tonto smoke um peace pipe!

I was 5...and it wasn't because they lost their best player, it was because Curtis Martin was the first player I ever knew. Oh, and I was only 5. That's not bandwagoning, especially to a team like the Jets.

Are you insulting the Jets now?

At 5 years old, you made the conscious decision to stop cheering for the Patriots (after a grueling 4 years of life) to cheer for the Jets because Curtis Martin was traded?

He hasn't been relevant for years...obviously people have heard of him, but he was no one to look out for. Just saying that he is fitting well with Boston.

Wrong! He is the typical euro-trash weenie. He's as soft as a box of kleenex. Defense wins and the Celtics are not winning another champiship with this wimp on the team.

Wrong! He is the typical euro-trash weenie. He's as soft as a box of kleenex. Defense wins and the Celtics are not winning another champiship with this wimp on the team.

LOL - one weenie ruins it for the entire team. Just his presence on the team will make them fall short.

Curly was a real promising player until he tore up his knee. At one point Jason Kidd called him the best center he played with (though he did not have many big guys of merit to play with). When he got hurt I want to say he averaged about 17 and 7 a game, and that was as the 4th option on a team. He could get up and down the floor a bit and I still remember the one dunk he had where he took off from about the free throw line and his whole team mobbed him after that. Great footwork around the basket with a ton of shots and good range, which is typical of the Euro guys. Good passer and good court vision, but certainly not a banger down low. He was never the same after the injury. So many guys come back now I have to think it was mental. When he came back to the Nets he was a shell. He didnt just look like he no longer belonged in the NBA, he looked like he didnt belong on the playground. The post moves were gone. He completely avoided any contact. He was so bad the Nets basically benched him and let him walk for nothing. Id be surprised if he ends up putting up anything more than 8 or 9 points off the bench in Boston.

Archived