2011 MVP Race- a repeat of 2001?

Matt39

Interesting take I guess, but the argument kinda stinks. AI didnt deserve it over Shaq because Philly was defensive and the Lakers werent?

That Lakers team, was stacked. Kobe, Shaq, Harper, Grant, Horry, Fox, Fisher, Shaw...they were pretty much an all defense team. The only guys that averaged double figures on the team were Shaq/Kobe. Fisher barely did at 11 pts per game.

Meanwhile, though the Sixers didnt have the scores like Shaq and Kobe, they had 4 players that averaged double figures and 3 that were damn close.

IMO, the bottom line was...AI carried that team to the finals...his team sucked. The Lakers, probably were a damn good team even without Shaq. Shaq just made them a dynasty.

Trying to say he deserved it over AI, IMO is foolish. I do think there might be a better case for Dwight over Rose, but come'on...Rose is the best player in the league right now, IMO.

Interesting take I guess, but the argument kinda stinks. AI didnt deserve it over Shaq because Philly was defensive and the Lakers werent?

That Lakers team, was stacked. Kobe, Shaq, Harper, Grant, Horry, Fox, Fisher, Shaw...they were pretty much an all defense team. The only guys that averaged double figures on the team were Shaq/Kobe. Fisher barely did at 11 pts per game.

Meanwhile, though the Sixers didnt have the scores like Shaq and Kobe, they had 4 players that averaged double figures and 3 that were damn close.

IMO, the bottom line was...AI carried that team to the finals...his team sucked. The Lakers, probably were a damn good team even without Shaq. Shaq just made them a dynasty.

Trying to say he deserved it over AI, IMO is foolish. I do think there might be a better case for Dwight over Rose, but come'on...Rose is the best player in the league right now, IMO.

I love Rose, but I think Howard has more impact than any other player in the league. The Magic are Cavs status without him.

You can go wrong with either guy...but I'd probably give the nod to D12.

I love Rose, but I think Howard has more impact than any other player in the league. The Magic are Cavs status without him.

You can go wrong with either guy...but I'd probably give the nod to D12.

I think the same way about the Bulls, remove Rose, and they are the Cavs.

I just havent seen a player dominate like Rose in a long time. And being a guard, I'll always favor guards over big men. Especially one like Dwight who completely relies on his teammates to get him involved. Rose is just the opposite, his team relies on him to get them involved and they rely on him to take games over when its all on the line. Factor in what he's done with his other key players have been injured and I think Rose is the MVP.

I think the same way about the Bulls, remove Rose, and they are the Cavs.

I just havent seen a player dominate like Rose in a long time. And being a guard, I'll always favor guards over big men. Especially one like Dwight who completely relies on his teammates to get him involved. Rose is just the opposite, his team relies on him to get them involved and they rely on him to take games over when its all on the line. Factor in what he's done with his other key players have been injured and I think Rose is the MVP.

The Bulls have more talent imo. Noah, Boozer, Deng. Play overall better D.

I mean the Magic are Dwigh and who else? JR? Turk? Arenas? All closer to bums than anything else.Dwight completely changes games defensively and his post game has improved drastically.

The Bulls have more talent imo. Play overall better D. Dwight completely changes games defensively and his post game has improved drastically.

Ha! I think you can make the same arguments for either side both play great D, both completely change how you have to defend them. IMO the Magic have more talent, what 5 All Stars? to Chicago's 2?

You cant go wrong with either choice, the article just provides a terrible example of why Dwight should win.

The grand old question: If you guys were building a franchise from scratch and you had to choose one of them, Rose or Howard?

I'm taking Rose. I want a guy who when the ball is in his hands, can take the game over in every facet and doesnt rely on other to create his shot. In fact, if I'm starting a team from scratch, Rose is my first choice. Period.

I'm taking Rose. I want a guy who when the ball is in his hands, can take the game over in every facet and doesnt rely on other to create his shot. In fact, if I'm starting a team from scratch, Rose is my first choice. Period.

It always comes down to the notion that teams who's leading scorer is their pg, just do not win championships. The Bulls could change that this year, but I just don't see it happening. It happens every time a team like this is in the playoffs and has eve happened a handful of times this year; when said pg, in this case rose, has a bad game and shoots terribly, there team is absolutely horrendous.

It's gonna happen this year too. Whenever rose struggles scoring in these playoffs, they are going to lose. I mean I could be wrong, but history usually is right on this account.

But hey, if you wanna build around Drose, no one is gonna fault ya, he's a legit mvp candidate. I would just personally rather have the starting center in Dwight, who is adding great post moves and new facets to his offensive game, to go along with his defensive prowess.

It always comes down to the notion that teams who's leading scorer is their pg, just do not win championships. The Bulls could change that this year, but I just don't see it happening. It happens every time a team like this is in the playoffs and has eve happened a handful of times this year; when said pg, in this case rose, has a bad game and shoots terribly, there team is absolutely horrendous.

It's gonna happen this year too. Whenever rose struggles scoring in these playoffs, they are going to lose. I mean I could be wrong, but history usually is right on this account.

But hey, if you wanna build around Drose, no one is gonna fault ya, he's a legit mvp candidate. I would just personally rather have the starting center in Dwight, who is adding great post moves and new facets to his offensive game, to go along with his defensive prowess.

If rose has a bad night... say 12 points.... the other 13 will be made up easily... that is the beauty of not having to worry about Rose needing 35 for them to win.

Thing is, Rose doesnt have to be that way. I'm more than confident if he had another scorer/superstar on that team, he'd differ. He can distribute. He gets people involved. His feel for the game is amazing for his age.

While it seems great big guys win more Championships than scoring PG's, none of those big guys did it without having a dominate scorer, or a player who can control the game with the ball in his hands.

Not a chance. Remove Rose and the Bulls are a better-coached Atlanta Hawks.

My bad, lol

Archived