Good news

PatriotReign37

Mediation Judge appointed and talks to resume Thursday.

The owners did not want this, but too bad.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/16305/Schefter--Judge-Arthur-Boylan-appointed-NFL-NFLPA-mediator/Default.aspx

I'm not sure I understand why this is such a victory for the players. I know the owners wanted to run to DC and the players wanted to stay in Minneapolis, but just forcing the players, who technically aren't even represented by a union anymore to negotiate is a win for the owners. Last I read the players were going forward with the suits and the owners were trying to get them to negotiate and claiming the decertification was a sham. From that perspective this is a win for the owners.

I'm not sure I understand why this is such a victory for the players. I know the owners wanted to run to DC and the players wanted to stay in Minneapolis, but just forcing the players, who technically aren't even represented by a union anymore to negotiate is a win for the owners. Last I read the players were going forward with the suits and the owners were trying to get them to negotiate and claiming the decertification was a sham. From that perspective this is a win for the owners.

What if the court directs ownership to open its books?

The Minny courts have been more or less labor friendly wouldnt you say?

Sure Minny over DC is a victory for the players, but negotiating vs. court is a victory for the owners. Forcing the players to negotiate also seems to leave the owners sham decertification point alive. Without that the owners are basically just playing out the string and praying the players crack due to how long they go without getting paid and waiting for the inevitable player court victories.

I wonder if Brady will even come back after the lockout ends? He has the money. I am sure his super model wife is keeping him plenty busy. He might just hang them up and save himself the embarrassment of yet another playoff loss. :D

I love these highlights... unfortunately that game is the EXACT reason why neither the Jets nor the Patriots won the SB.

I'm hoping in year 3 AR (After Rex) the Jets can make their mission beating everyone, not just mostly everyone but especially the Patriots.

The courts CAN'T force the owners to open their books. The only time that a court can force an owner to open up his books to an employee is if he is threaening to close his business due to claims of bankruptcy in union shop.

The NFL is not doing that here. That can't pry those books open.

I'm hoping in year 3 AR (After Rex) the Jets can make their mission beating everyone, not just mostly everyone but especially the Patriots.
... i guess he's got about 10-15 years and a couple championships at the helm before retiring ... so 20 years from now you can be happy! ... ... it goes through the division first ... l_j_r

Archived