You don't know what you got 'til she's gone.

billybroome

I'm speaking of mothers here. I recently lost mine just over a month ago, so this will be my 1st Mothers Day in my life without one. For all of you that still have theirs, be sure to send them flowers or a card, take them out for lunch, or at the very least give them a call and tell them how much they mean to you because you won't have them forever.

tn_mem_I%20miss%20u%20mom.jpg

i am so sorry billy.. i bet your mom loved you so much and i bet she was proud of the person you became.

She was a loving person. Wasn't so hot about me being a Bengals fan, but that's the way life rolled. wink.gif

Sorry for your loss Billy. Since last Mother's Day we have lost both my mother (cancer) and my mother-in-law (killed while crossing the street by a "distracted" driver) so we know exactly how you feel. It was not an easy day For some people yesterday.

Sorry for your loss, billyb!

You, too, bergen!

My mom was also hit by a car while she was crossing the street. Fortunately she only lost a leg. Damn drivers not paying attention.

And, yes, I called my mother yesterday. She's 86 and slowing way down, but was happy to hear from her "baby."

Father's Day is a tough day for me, because my dad died when I was little. We keep our parents alive in our memories and thoughts, and honor them by how we live our lives.

Archived