Gregg Rosenthal: do the 2010 draft all over most NFL teams would perfer Freeman over Sanchez

flgreen

I would certainly NOT take Freeman over Sanchez, even today. Sanchez has developed nicely, and people respect him. Proof of this is the Jets West camp. Yeah, I know the defense still carries the team, but seeing those moments of greatness and come from behind victories this year puts him ahead of freeman, although freeman might have had better stats. Don't forget that the bucs also played the NFC west this year and barely got a 10-6 record. Not that freeman's bad, but Sanchez is better, especially in the clutch and will be in the future. Hindsight is always 20/20. Man, we really should have gone for Peyton manning back when he was drafted. We'd be the best!

How's Freeman's lockout camp going?

Freeman is not organizing "bucs midwest" or any such camp. Sanchez has better leadership than Freeman.

I actually do remember that quote, and it's a pretty cool thing. It's the exact thing Rex was talking about when he explains why they drafted Sanchez over Freeman, and it's the exact reason he's able to get nearly every offensive skill player to fly cross country to practice and learn with him in the midst of a lockout, including 2 free agent receivers and a future HOF RB.

I would certainly NOT take Freeman over Sanchez, even today. Sanchez has developed nicely, and people respect him. Proof of this is the Jets West camp.

I love you guys.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2011/apr/27/SPNEWSO2-freeman-keeps-bucs-on-task-ar-202885/

Freeman keeps Bucs on task

By TBO.COM

Published: April 27, 2011

TAMPA --Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman did not show up to One Buc Place on Tuesday because he already had offseason workout plans.

Freeman has worked out daily with Bucs running back Cadillac Williams and former Bucs receiver Michael Clayton, currently with the New York Giants, at the IMG Academy in Bradenton. While confusion about the lockout is being sorted out, Freeman continues to organize team and individual workouts as he tries to prepare teammates for the upcoming season.

"As a young group of guys, it's really important that we keep our momentum from last season going regardless of the state of the lockout," Freeman said.

Last week, Freeman organized a workout for all of Tampa Bay's skill position players, which he said had 100 percent attendance. Freeman said he and the players worked out at the University of South Florida for a week, running routes and working on plays.

Tampa Bay had the NFL's youngest team last year. The Buccaneers' final 53-man roster featured 29 players in their first or second years in the NFL. Of those 29 players, 18 were rookies.

Freeman led Tampa Bay to a 10-6 record in 2010 as the Bucs nearly made the playoffs. He threw for 3,451 yards, 25 touchdowns and had only six interceptions, becoming the first quarterback under the age of 23 to lead his team to a 10-win season since Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger in 2004.

Considering Freeman's never been in trouble and that he followed it up with "People like Matt Ryan," I think it's very clear what he was saying.

I don't, and I said it. Rather wrote it. It's funny how you managed to find something obvious in it.

I will point to two QB picks I got awfully wrong: Tarvaris Jackson and Vince Young. I thought both would be really good. They kind of suck. I think Garrard is intelligent but a sucky QB, and I got that one right though. I also always thought Leftwich was overrated and sucked, and I got that one right.

Ironically I loved Vick last year. That's the one I should (and did) take the most heat for, even though I'm right in that he's a fantastic player now. Still think he should have had the MVP over Brady.

I don't like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. I like Stafford (well sort of, he's injured too much) and Sam Bradford though. I'm also on record for absolutely loving Sanchez.

So tell me what obvious thing you've found that is somehow related to race. I want to see you write it out so I can reconcile it with my current QB favorites.

I don't think Freeman would have withstood NY media scrutiny. I'd also heard he had some issues in terms of partying and drinking. I guess I can't confirm that though, so maybe I shouldn't have taken that as fact.

On Freeman:

He is not very smart. He is also rather thuggish.

I'd also heard he had some issues in terms of partying and drinking. I guess I can't confirm that though, so maybe I shouldn't have taken that as fact.

On Roethlisberger:

On the internet, every man is assumed guilty even if proven innocent. Once you get charged you are doomed in the public court. At least for a few months, then they generally forget and move onto a new target. On the internet, there are no gold digging women, just male rapists. If you're the star QB with hundreds of millions of dollars of COURSE no female wants to have sex with you and you have to resort to raping (even though there was no evidence of it).

/sarcasm

I'd also heard he had some issues in terms of partying and drinking. I guess I can't confirm that though, so maybe I shouldn't have taken that as fact.

Yeah, I also heard that he spent a night in jail after being accused of sexual assault and then was suspended from his college team for underage drinking and possessing a fake ID. Also, there was a story that he was detained by campus security after allegedly breaking a window at a frat party. And to top it off, there was the time he was involved in another scandal last season regarding a girl who was barely legal.

That Josh Freeman is one bad apple.

Yeah, I also heard that he spent a night in jail after being accused of sexual assault and then was suspended from his college team for underage drinking and possessing a fake ID. Also, there was a story that he was detained by campus security after allegedly breaking a window at a frat party. And to top it off, there was the time he was involved in another scandal last season regarding a girl who was barely legal.

Mark Sanchez is latino, so his point still holds.

there was a line from a scout... im probably butchering it... but they said if Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Matthew Stafford and Sam Bradford are getting in the car to go get a bite to eat... Sanchez is the guy they flip the keys to... Sanchez is the alpha male.

Freeman might have better numbers but there's no way of predicting how this player fits in New York media market. Tampa Bay is a 2 horse town compared to NYC, sanchez was ready for it coming out of USC. im not sure we can say the same of Freeman coming out of Manhattan, Kansas. Sanchez has 4 playoff wins, Freeman has 0... Freeman is not organizing "bucs midwest" or any such camp. Sanchez has better leadership than Freeman.

Excellent perspective. Or we can just look at statistics and draw absolute conclusions.

give_up.gif

That's so weird. I didn't think those people did that kind of thing, what with all that hip-hop and sizzurp available in, you know, that community.

First, a Mexican that isn't lazy; and now this. I don't know what to make of it.

Archived