The Office Mafia Game Thread

I think the smart play is to take AVM up on his offer with a little over 2 hours to the deadline. We can come back to DPR later, especially since he'll likely draw interest from scum and any other 3rd parties out there.

VOTE: AVM

Really? Other 3rd parties?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ehh.. what?

Do you have to click your heels 3 times too?

My vote stays, that reveal looks like dog chit. He's admitting to being a 3rd party aka he only has his interests in mind.

I don't see how a mod would give you a role where you MUST be at L1 the first 3 days. That's the most terrible role I've ever seen... even worse than Hess' Town Junkie role.

I die - see above. It was not made clear to me how.

I was told specifically that Toby was mafia.

I was told 95% specifically that there were thieves (I asked a bunch of question at the beginning of the game - always good to get info - and after being burgled the last game, I wanted to know that if I did receive an item, whether or not it could be stolen. Anything I can use to verify my position would be helpful, and that would help a lot if I got something I could use to the town's benefit...)

You can lynch me - you probably will. All you lose is a potential townie. Do what you gotta do.

There is nothing about your reveal that would necessitate JVOR telling you there are thieves in this game. You get L1 three times, Toby wants you dead, okay... what the heck does thieves have to do with that? Nothing.

What you are basically saying here is that we have to believe you for 3 days, "somehow" keep Toby from killing you (which as I said earlier probably involves our Doc right?) and then you become a roleless townie? Right now you aren't even town?

If we want to minimize risk right now, we kill you - based on the fact that getting you through these 3 days won't be worth the potential cost of our doc protecting you, scum possibly having a watcher and figuring out our doc, etc, etc.

We should just kill you.

Nobody else CAN counter that right now.

Sigh... Another reveal where we have to keep you alive until at least 4 days to vet it?

So, if we let you live right now - Toby (who you are saying is scum) is just going to NK you, OR I'm sure at some point you'll suggest our Doc protect you for 3 nights until you become town? So our Doc goes unprotected for 3 days, in return we supposed get an extra townie?

I'd rather just waste you - and let the Doc stay as hidden as possible. As for mafia "getting something" well, I'm going to guess that like everyone else in the game, they are probably going to get stuff on N1 like the setup says anyway, so I'm not that concerned by it.

My biggest concern is how do we keep you alive 3 days without involving the Doc? We can't.

The only way for us to keep Toby from killing you, is by killing you ourselves.

Yeah, no one else can counter until tomorrow - but it wasn't for my lack of trying to do it sooner, was it?

If Toby NK's me, at least he didn't hit a power role, and you have the information that I was able to provide. I make a good target.

You're the one talking Docs, not me. Just run me up to L1 every day, and if I live, I live. If I get zilched at night, then someone else didn't.

Kill me then - then you can vet the info.

so dpr, if killing you gives scum benefits, why wouldn't they just kill you tonight? Are you requesting doc protection?

This is my concern.

He's essentially saying:

He is NOT town.

We keep him alive 3 days and we get a roleless townie, but probably need our Doc to stick his neck out to do this.

We let Toby kill him and scum gets a power, fear mongering. Scum's getting powers regardless based on the setup with objects being swapped around.

If we lynch him now, we lose a roleless townie on D4, cause that's the soonest he matters to us as town. AND it prevents Toby from killing him, so for all intents and purposes scum doesn't get a power... unless this is a hole in his fake reveal.

My votes staying with the pirate.

Oh thank god...

I'm Michael

thisisgonnahurt.gif

And you know I'm not lying, because no one else is going to counter that. Plus I'll be investigated.

I have to be put at L1 3 times - on D1, D2, and D3, and live through it.

Toby is mafia. There are thieves in the game.

How's that?

Alright, I wanted to check the rules first, but here's the rest:

I'm "3rd Party". If I complete all 3 L1 lynch votes and live, I become town.

Toby will try to kill me, and it will result in the mafia getting something...don't know what.

If I don't hit L1 all three days, I die, and the town loses a potential member.

I'm not familiar with the material either.

Sure - but it never hurts to confirm something, now does it?

No power.

Just wanted to put your reveals together for future reference...would like to get opinions from others but we have a short deadline...my thoughts...an I am not familar with the source material other than the wiki.

1. Lynch DPR...eliminates a declared third party...small chance we could even convert him to town...but maybe scum NK target...wifom if not...

2. Lynch AVM...he's already stated he has limited value to town...could be a miller....

3. Lynch I-28...he has a letter of rec...that does what exactly?

4. Lynch 80...town loses an ability to stop a lynch.

Given these choices I would say we just lynch DPR...declared third party...and all...waiting to hear what everyone else thinks.

Can't rule out an SK yet.

He could be the SK, and this whole thing about becoming town after 3 days is bullcrap... if he gets investigated its going to happen earlier rather than later. He'll show non-town like he said, then our cop's gotta waste a 2nd investigation after D3?

so dpr, if killing you gives scum benefits, why wouldn't they just kill you tonight? Are you requesting doc protection?

Not requesting anything like that - the Doc should stay quiet, and the WIFOM that is created will only work to the town's benefit.

They very well might kill me tonight - again, though, it'll just vet my info.

I don't know what the mafia gets for killing me. I'm guessing an object, but there might be other 3rd parties that they can convert - I just don't know.

Given these choices I would say we just lynch DPR...declared third party...and all...waiting to hear what everyone else thinks.

My guess is there's some aspect of DPR's reveal that he isn't telling us. I think that when he becomes town he provides a useful power to the town. He's an important character, so if his role matches that, then killing him on D1 makes zero sense to me.

I know you're not familiar with the show, but it would be dangerous to kill off Michael Scott right now. I know that alignment is random, but his role very likely is an important one.

I buy it. He wouldn't admit to being Third Party if it wasn't true.

Meh, I admitted 3rd party before, was telling the truth, and was actually the SK.

No power.

I'll have to look back, but after 2 other players were run up, I'm surprised you weren't a bit anxious there, knowing you'd die if you weren't the 3rd person run up today. Again, I might be wrong here....will have to check. You did start cheerleading the process like CTM said, but I need to see where we were in our reveals when that started.

I was told 95% specifically that there were thieves (I asked a bunch of question at the beginning of the game - always good to get info - and after being burgled the last game, I wanted to know that if I did receive an item, whether or not it could be stolen. Anything I can use to verify my position would be helpful, and that would help a lot if I got something I could use to the town's benefit...)

You can lynch me - you probably will. All you lose is a potential townie. Do what you gotta do.

Are you leaving something out? You are just a 3rd party and your only 2 possible routes are death if you don't fulfill your role, or becoming town if you do?

Yeah, no one else can counter until tomorrow - but it wasn't for my lack of trying to do it sooner, was it?

If Toby NK's me, at least he didn't hit a power role, and you have the information that I was able to provide. I make a good target.

You're the one talking Docs, not me. Just run me up to L1 every day, and if I live, I live. If I get zilched at night, then someone else didn't.

Kill me then - then you can vet the info.

I bring up the Doc, because if we as a town decide to let you live and try to convert you, that is what its going to take. Because you included that nice fear mongering nugget in your reveal where if Toby NK's you, scum gets a power.

So not only do we have to waste time for 3 days running you to L1, but then we have to somehow get you through each night phase for 3 nights? How do you supposed that happens? And lets say we do let you go into N1, and you are alive tomorrow... its going to mean A.) you lied, or B.) our doc protected you, and left themself vulnerable and potentially could be caught if scum has a watcher.

There might be angles I'm not considering, but I think this is an aweful lot of faith and risk to invest into someone that will only become part of the town on D4, and will be roleless at that point.

My mind is made up.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

DPR (8): Smash, Pac, Verbal, Crusher, I28, CTM, Wombat, Hess

AVM (4): DPR, Brett, SMC, J80

Hess (1): AVM

I28 (1): JiF

Not voting: Sharrow, Vicious, Lily, Slats, Jetscode1

With 19 people alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline has been extended to Wednesday 12PM ET.

REVEALS REMAINING: 0. ALL REVEALS have been used up. Any hinting will result in Instant mod kill.

Not requesting anything like that - the Doc should stay quiet, and the WIFOM that is created will only work to the town's benefit.

I don't know what the mafia gets for killing me. I'm guessing an object, but there might be other 3rd parties that they can convert - I just don't know.

Does scum get anything if town lynches you?

Other 3rd parties that 'they' can convert? As in the mafia? Is there something about you not becoming town that you aren't telling us? This stinks. My vote stays as well.

I bring up the Doc, because if we as a town decide to let you live and try to convert you, that is what its going to take. Because you included that nice fear mongering nugget in your reveal where if Toby NK's you, scum gets a power.

So not only do we have to waste time for 3 days running you to L1, but then we have to somehow get you through each night phase for 3 nights? How do you supposed that happens? And lets say we do let you go into N1, and you are alive tomorrow... its going to mean A.) you lied, or B.) our doc protected you, and left themself vulnerable and potentially could be caught if scum has a watcher.

There might be angles I'm not considering, but I think this is an aweful lot of faith and risk to invest into someone that will only become part of the town on D4, and will be roleless at that point.

My mind is made up.

Look, my role is impossible, and I'm not going to swing into full pirate mode to try and pull it off. I'm fairly certain that the inspiration was from last game, and I've been ****ed with by mods before (and more power to 'em ) but for now, I'll repeat, no one is asking the doc for a damn thing. You bringing it up so much is only inviting discussion over it. I ain't asking for it, so let it go.

I'll have to look back, but after 2 other players were run up, I'm surprised you weren't a bit anxious there, knowing you'd die if you weren't the 3rd person run up today. Again, I might be wrong here....will have to check. You did start cheerleading the process like CTM said, but I need to see where we were in our reveals when that started.

Nope, he was tryign to get me to reveal. I was just going to go back and get the posts thinking the same thing..

DPR, if you were going to die if not getting to L-1, why didn't you insist on being the third reveal?

Other 3rd parties that 'they' can convert? As in the mafia? Is there something about you not becoming town that you aren't telling us? This stinks. My vote stays as well.

I have no confirmation of this - it's just a suspicion based on the setup, what I've seen, and my role. Take it fwiw. It's not fear-mongering - just speculation.

Wow, multiple 3rd parties, thieves, conversions... anything else to dump in the pot?

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

DPR (9): Smash, Pac, Verbal, Crusher, I28, CTM, Wombat, Hess, Vic

AVM (4): DPR, Brett, SMC, J80

Hess (1): AVM

I28 (1): JiF

Not voting: Sharrow, Lily, Slats, Jetscode1

With 19 people alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline has been extended to Wednesday 12PM ET.

REVEALS REMAINING: 0. ALL REVEALS have been used up. Any hinting will result in Instant mod kill.

Nope, he was tryign to get me to reveal. I was just going to go back and get the posts thinking the same thing..

DPR, if you were going to die if not getting to L-1, why didn't you insist on being the third reveal?

Dude, seriously, how many people here actually listen to anything I suggest? It was all I could do to get lynched as it was. damn

No power.

goading me to use last reveal:

Just shut up and reveal, punta.

attempt #2

Yeah, all that is great. So who are you?

Yeah, had we only listened last game and lynched your day 1 target AVM... you know the townie who ended up winning the game for us?

re:DPR, the case on him is that he's went from fighting the reveal process tooth and nail to encouraging it. He's said it's bad for town, now in order to fit in he's cheerleading it.

Hey dumbass, I was a SK last game you moron. I was trying to take out townies during the day and kill mafia at night. I had 2 of the mafia after day 1 with a 3rd as my dark horse. Me and JVOR were set to dominate if it werent for a crazy turn of events.

You're right.

Unvote CTM

Vote DPR

Dude, seriously, how many people here actually listen to anything I suggest? It was all I could do to get lynched as it was. damn

appeal to emotion? :D

Hey dude, i defended you all last game so much so that i was worried i was in for an epic selfing when the gun dissappeared.

The issue here is that what you are saying now doesn't jive with what you said before, which makes me think you are full of sh*t

Hey dumbass, I was a SK last game you moron. I was trying to take out townies during the day and kill mafia at night. I had 2 of the mafia after day 1 with a 3rd as my dark horse. Me and JVOR were set to dominate if it werent for a crazy turn of events.

That's a dumb plan. And you are a terrible scum hunter, i eat scum hunters like you for breakfast

Look, my role is impossible, and I'm not going to swing into full pirate mode to try and pull it off. I'm fairly certain that the inspiration was from last game, and I've been ****ed with by mods before (and more power to 'em ) but for now, I'll repeat, no one is asking the doc for a damn thing. You bringing it up so much is only inviting discussion over it. I ain't asking for it, so let it go.

Don't knock the Ape for thinking that - it's likely that we all were...he just voiced it first. What you imply is exact what he said. You don't have to come out and say something in words to still be saying it....

^ This.

appeal to emotion? :D

Hey dude, i defended you all last game so much so that i was worried i was in for an epic selfing when the gun dissappeared.

The issue here is that what you are saying now doesn't jive with what you said before, which makes me think you are full of sh*t

It's not emotion - it's just an impossible situation.

Archived