~ ~ Top 100 of 2011 ~ ~

kelly

Brady #1, huh? Anyone know what year this list is supposed to be based on? Dude isn't even the best QB in the league anymore, nevermind the best player. This list was pretty awful in a lot of spots as it, but that's just a joke. Perhaps that argument could have been made back in 2004 and prior. Maybe even again in 2007, but now? Not a chance.

Then again, except for AP the entire Top 5 looks like it was pulled from 2003 more than 2011.

revis #8

I was hoping for #5, but ahead of peppers and brees is pretty cool

Didn't Revis shut Down Andre Johnson, and every other #1 receiver in the league ? So how is it that Johnson is ahead of him ?

One thing you learn from listening to player interviews over the years: Most of them can't name every player on their own teams, much less consider the merits of players from other squads. How many times have you heard a player "break down" the team he's about to play by saying, "Well, we know #82 is pretty fast"? The majority of these guys live in a bubble and get all their info from watching SportsCenter highlights. And, as we all know, if you watch ESPN enough you start to believe that Brady and Peyton have been winning alternating Super Bowl titles every year since they've been in the league.

Anyone who watched the 2011 season and didnt see that Aaron Rodgers was the best QB in the NFL is probably borderline retarded.

:rolleyes:

You might want to take a look in the mirror.

Getting beyond the rampant jealousy and closet homosexuality of Brady on this board, Brady's 2010 season was an all-time great season. There is no argument of this.

So in the context of this list, it is not solely based on what happens in the playoffs otherwise it would be just Steelers and Packers.

Many of the arguments for players have been previous accomplishments (Brady, Peyton, Lewis, McNabb and Reed) or accomplishments from last year (Vick), when all things are considered, Brady was the MVP and had the only all-time season of any player last year. His resume is still the best of any peer. He took a team many thought would be 2nd or even 3rd in the division and managed to win 14 games while throwing only 4 picks in 500 attempts. 36 TDs. Top 10. 111 rating. Top 5.

There is no argument Rodgers won the post season hands down, but it was the last off season when any QB ranking included the words "yeah he is real good, but he has not won anything" next to Rodgers name.

Getting beyond the rampant jealousy and closet homosexuality of Brady on this board, Brady's 2010 season was an all-time great season. There is no argument of this.

So in the context of this list, it is not solely based on what happens in the playoffs otherwise it would be just Steelers and Packers.

Many of the arguments for players have been previous accomplishments (Brady, Peyton, Lewis, McNabb and Reed) or accomplishments from last year (Vick), when all things are considered, Brady was the MVP and had the only all-time season of any player last year. His resume is still the best of any peer. He took a team many thought would be 2nd or even 3rd in the division and managed to win 14 games while throwing only 4 picks in 500 attempts. 36 TDs. Top 10. 111 rating. Top 5.

There is no argument Rodgers won the post season hands down, but it was the last off season when any QB ranking included the words "yeah he is real good, but he has not won anything" next to Rodgers name.

Add "in seven years" to that last quote and now you can throw Brady's name in there. For as much of a master of the clutch as the guy is supposed to be, he's been playing his worst in big games for years now. It's just funny how much the criteria changes over the years. When Manning was putting up amazing numbers in the regular season and choking it up in the postseason, we got to endlessly hear how it didn't really count for anything and Brady was unquestionably better. Now that Brady has turned into the early 2000s Manning, it's supposed to be the most impressive thing in football history. Then again, I should've stopped reading when you referred to Brady's 2010 as an "all time great season". What a joke.

Add "in seven years" to that last quote and now you can throw Brady's name in there. For as much of a master of the clutch as the guy is supposed to be, he's been playing his worst in big games for years now. It's just funny how much the criteria changes over the years. When Manning was putting up amazing numbers in the regular season and choking it up in the postseason, we got to endlessly hear how it didn't really count for anything and Brady was unquestionably better. Now that Brady has turned into the early 2000s Manning, it's supposed to be the most impressive thing in football history. Then again, I should've stopped reading when you referred to Brady's 2010 as an "all time great season". What a joke.

Please explain how it was not. I am looking forward to your list of QBs that have been better over a season than 36 TDs and 4 INTs. 11 straight games without an INT. 9 straight 2+ TD and 0 INT games. His 2010 season was among the all time great seasons for a QB. You sound like an idiot when you argue otherwise.

The post season argument in regards to Peyton is fair. Given the snap shot we had then versus now, it was valid then. Less so now. Rodgers is too early to tell.

Please explain how it was not. I am looking forward to your list of QBs that have been better over a season than 36 TDs and 4 INTs. 11 straight games without an INT. 9 straight 2+ TD and 0 INT games. His 2010 season was among the all time great seasons for a QB. You sound like an idiot when you argue otherwise.

The post season argument in regards to Peyton is fair. Given the snap shot we had then versus now, it was valid then. Less so now. Rodgers is too early to tell.

Any QB that loses to the Jets twice in one season sucks.

This moronic post is shocking only in that it took you so long to make it. The second the most overrated fraudulent career in the history of professional sports was maligned you had to respond. I get it.

Donovan McNabb-are they fvkcin' kidding?

As to Rodgers, the little I saw of it mentioned postseason accomplishments prominently. Admit I don't know what the specific criteria was or if there was any mentioned. At a loss how Rodgers isn't higher.

No knock on Andre Johnson but missed where he keyed his team's run to the AFC title game 2 years running, nor where he outplayed Revis head to head the 2 times the Jets beat the Texans. Echoing TS's comments; seems like this was a lot of happytalk nonsense from some players that cam down to name recognition and reputation rather than achievement.

The low # of picks was impressive, but nothing else about his season comes anywhere even close to "all time great" as far as I'm concerned. I just find it hilarious how it was the Patriots fans who for years when Brady's numbers were only decent talked endlessly about how the numbers meant nothing and it was all about the Super Bowl, and now suddenly they don't want to play by that rule anymore. While I will certainly concede the point about the low picks, I didn't find the rest of his season "all time" and a one and done playoff showing about puts that one to bed for me.

How was Mark Sanchez not on this list. He should be in the top 20 at least. Most road wins for a QB ever in the NFL during the playoffs and its only his 2nd season? He's so much better than Matt Ryan its not even funny.

Archived