Number Two Corner Spot

MikeJetsWord

So who should we try and pursue? Couple choices out there, even with sh*thead Nnamdi and Johnathan Joseph gone...

Here are a couple I would look at:

1. Nate Clements: This is one guy I think may get overlooked because of the hype for Cromartie. If we act quick enough, I think we may be able to pull him in and he could fill in the #2 spot for a year or two for us. Even though he was never worth the money he made in SF, he fits Rex's prototypical physical CB. HE is 6'0'', 210 pounds-- pretty big for a CB. His main strength is his ability to jam the receiver at the LOS, and that is one of the main responsibilities of a CB in Rex's system. At 31, he is probably in line for at least one decent paycheck, but if we can get him on the cheap, he could be a good stopgap until Wilson is ready to move forward.

2. Cro: His strongest asset is his athleticism, and that is pretty much how he survived last year. He is not physical at all off the snap, and really isn't too bright. (Heard he can't even read lol) Regardless, he is familiar with the system, and that is also an advantage. Likely he will cost us too much, and I really dont see Rex and Co giving him $$ long term. I think he is a goner.

3. Kyle Wilson: Eventually he is going to need to step up and prove he was worth the 1st round selection. This decision is most likely up to how comfortable Rex is with Kyle's progression. This is a cheaper alternative to signing a high profile player. I don't advise going this route, but who knows what Rex has up his sleeve.

4. Insert random B/C Tier CB. This is the Chris Carr's and Philip Buchanon's of the world. I expect someone like this to be about as effective as a Lito Sheppard. I truly hope we wont be dealing with some lame a$$ consolation prize like this.

Overall, I really like how Nate Clements fits in here, and think he would be a GREAT replacement for the #2 spot.

Thoughts?

So who should we try and pursue? Couple choices out there, even with sh*thead Nnamdi and Johnathan Joseph gone...

Here are a couple I would look at:

1. Nate Clements: This is one guy I think may get overlooked because of the hype for Cromartie. If we act quick enough, I think we may be able to pull him in and he could fill in the #2 spot for a year or two for us. Even though he was never worth the money he made in SF, he fits Rex's prototypical physical CB. HE is 6'0'', 210 pounds-- pretty big for a CB. His main strength is his ability to jam the receiver at the LOS, and that is one of the main responsibilities of a CB in Rex's system. At 31, he is probably in line for at least one decent paycheck, but if we can get him on the cheap, he could be a good stopgap until Wilson is ready to move forward.

2. Cro: His strongest asset is his athleticism, and that is pretty much how he survived last year. He is not physical at all off the snap, and really isn't too bright. (Heard he can't even read lol) Regardless, he is familiar with the system, and that is also an advantage. Likely he will cost us too much, and I really dont see Rex and Co giving him $$ long term. I think he is a goner.

3. Kyle Wilson: Eventually he is going to need to step up and prove he was worth the 1st round selection. This decision is most likely up to how comfortable Rex is with Kyle's progression. This is a cheaper alternative to signing a high profile player. I don't advise going this route, but who knows what Rex has up his sleeve.

4. Insert random B/C Tier CB. This is the Chris Carr's and Philip Buchanon's of the world. I expect someone like this to be about as effective as a Lito Sheppard. I truly hope we wont be dealing with some lame a$$ consolation prize like this.

Overall, I really like how Nate Clements fits in here, and think he would be a GREAT replacement for the #2 spot.

Thoughts?

cro is way better than clements

Why are you "lol'ing" on someones inability to read? Thats terrible, not funny.

Nate clements is garbage.

IDK, for someone who had to have "passed" college courses in order to eventually get drafted I find it comical. He is a millionaire so its not like it matters anyway.. Kinda confused why your feelings got so hurt there..

And as far as Nate Clements, he was used in a zone scheme in SF, playing opposite of his strengths.. Which is why he never panned out the way they thought he would.

Why are you "lol'ing" on someones inability to read? Thats terrible, not funny.

He should be laughing at the American school system that aloud him to make it though high school and then into college while not being able to read but considering he went to school in Florida I'm not surprised.

IDK, for someone who had to have "passed" college courses in order to eventually get drafted I find it comical. He is a millionaire so its not like it matters anyway.. Kinda confused why your feelings got so hurt there..

And as far as Nate Clements, he was used in a zone scheme in SF, playing opposite of his strengths.. Which is why he never panned out the way they thought he would.

if anything it just goes to show you whats wrong with the system. my feelings didnt get hurt at all. I was just stating something.

Archived