Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets

F.Chowds

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damienwoody Damien Woody

Plax 2 the #Jets huh....LOVE IT! Happy 4 him, he's gonna love Rex I can tell u that!

What's up with this? Damien Woody is like the Jets cheerleader.... clear Jets were his favorite team to play with. Even though they didn't sign him this year, he's still on our side... must love Rex that much.

What's up with this? Damien Woody is like the Jets cheerleader.... clear Jets were his favorite team to play with. Even though they didn't sign him this year, he's still on our side... must love Rex that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woody suits up at some point this season.

For those of you who are concerned about being out of FB remember it was only a little more than one season. A season where he didn't have to hit, be hit but could work out daily., recover from the nicks of a decade of pro football. He is not coming back from an injury that may have shelved him for a year. We may see a better Plax (MAY). I like the move. Now sign Cro

If this allows the Jets to keep Cromarties where an Edwards deal would not have, I think it's a good move. 1 year, 3 Million ... Low risk, high reward.

More importantly, both Plax and Heap give the Jets something they have been very bad at the past 2 years and that is big targets in the red zone. Red Zone O has not been good.

I know he hasn't played in 2 years, so that is a question mark, but I think it's worth the risk. If he comes back anywhere close to 2008, he is a GREAT receiver.

Overall, I liked Braylon and would have liked him back, but in the end, given Edwards apparent demands, Plax is a nice gamble which provides future cap flexibility.

Need to get 'Cro back, though, and pronto.

Go get him, Tanny!

What do you think of this move Smashmouth - Plex seems to fit your role of tall, tough receiver?

Yep he does fit the role I hope hes got something left. Micheal Vick was saying how it took him a full year of football before he felt his legs were right and he was 29 how will that effect Plax at 34 ?

@SFJ they said on NFL Net hes 34 .

In all seriousness, he'll probably be decent this year.

If he stays healthy, he should have more receptions than Edwards had last year (53) - although his YPC likely won't be as high as Edwards (17+). I'd also trust Burress to more to make a catch in a big spot than Edwards.

The health part is a big issue though, given his age and lack of play the past 2 seasons. But, if he makes it through the season, he should be as productive as Edwards was last season.

Yep he does fit the role I hope hes got something left. Micheal Vick was saying how it took him a full year of football before he felt his legs were right and he was 29 how will that effect Plax at 34 ?

@SFJ they said on NFL Net hes 34 .

34 in August

Can I just point out that 3M is a lot LESS than the other guys would command?????????

This.

Comes down to value for the dollar and Burress potentially provides much more value for the dollar than Braylon does, which allows the Jets to sign 'Cro and maybe even a few others... who knows.

As much as I like Edwards, I can't argue with this move given the cap circumstances.

I would have preferred Braylon Edwards, but this is good too. I hope Plax has some gas left in the tank.

Any chance Braylon signs also?

Im not sure its possible but Imagine our WR corp if he did. They would be huge if we also add Heap it would be insane. Our red zone game would improve 2 fold

Im not sure its possible but Imagine our WR corp if he did. They would be huge if we also add Heap it would be insane. Our red zone game would improve 2 fold

Exactly it seems nobody wants Braylon so we offer him an incentive laden contract.

It seems the Jets don't don't want Braylon, ya think.

Yes Einstein it seems that way. If hes facing a suspension, why not sign him for minimum investment with an incentive laden deal. I dont expect you to answer this or understand what I mean.

Yes Einstein it seems that way. If hes facing a suspension, why not sign him for minimum investment with an incentive laden deal. I dont expect you to answer this or understand what I mean.

I'm sure the Jets and every other team in the NFL would love to do that, apparently Braylon doesnt and thinks he's much better than he is...maybe him and his agents read the board and used us to gauge the market. We have a couple of emerging GM's around here, it makes sense.

I'm sure the Jets and every other team in the NFL would love to do that, apparently Braylon doesnt and thinks he's much better than he is...maybe him and his agents read the board and used us to gauge the market. We have a couple of emerging GM's around here, it makes sense.

Your right BrooklynJet, Optimus Primate they are waiting in the wings for Tanne to retire :rolleyes:

Perhaps they don't want him.

Archived