Dwight Lowery at safety?

Mattyandthejets

I know there was a lot of discussion of moving Lowery to safety last season, and now with all the chatter about the jets FO not financially being able to bring pool back, do you think that is just a cloak for their intention to simply let pool go in favor of Lowery at safety? Lowery has shown that he is not very good at pure coverage as a CB, but he also has some good ball hawking instincts when he is not covering man to man. So what do you think? Lowery and Leonhard as our starting safeties?

They re-signed Smith at starter money and the coaches love him. I thimk Lowery will see time at safety, but smith will be the starter.

If they love Smith so much then why did they sign Pool in the first place? Smith has been around forever and has been a borderline starter. I was jusst wondering who they were looking at for safety. I think using a platoon of Smith/Dig (assuming he signs) for running downs and Lowery for passing downs could work.

good point. I just hope that 12 lbs of muscle he supposedly added went straight to his legs to make him faster!!!

Aren't people with heavy legs slow?

If they love Smith so much then why did they sign Pool in the first place? Smith has been around forever and has been a borderline starter. I was jusst wondering who they were looking at for safety. I think using a platoon of Smith/Dig (assuming he signs) for running downs and Lowery for passing downs could work.

Aren't people with heavy legs slow?

MJD?

They started playing him at safety more after Leonhard's injury last year, and he didn't do a whole lot there. He couldn't even beat out Eric Smith for playing time. I have to imagine they'll make a move to get at least someone who can compete to be the starting safety, as I can't imagine they want to hand the starting job to a special teams player who can't cover and constantly falls flat on his face, as gritty as he may be.

Archived