Osi Available (For 2nd Round Pick?) - MERGED

visajets

What will we be drafting next year say with the 31-32 pick in the draft, that would help us make a Super Bowl run. This ought be interesting. Those who act like they know so dam much and love to criticize this question is for you woof woof.

The 2011 NYJETS Defense desperately needs a legitimate pass rusher.

Did the 8-ball tell you we would be picking 31-32?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha i was listening to some new york radio people and they were talking bout how the giants should trade osi to the jets and get david harris

All you need to prove this is a bad idea is the fact that Mike Francesca thinks its a good idea, not to mention which posters are in favor of it.

All you need to prove this is a bad idea is the fact that Mike Francesca thinks its a good idea, not to mention which posters are in favor of it.

Many love Francesca but wont openly admit it. I refuse to listen to that turd. How about you?

You said for a fact Mike Francesca thinks its a good idea. I thought you listened to his show.Sorry

What will we be drafting next year say with the 31-32 pick in the draft, that would help us make a Super Bowl run. This ought be interesting. Those who act like they know so dam much and love to criticize this question is for you woof woof.

The 2011 NYJETS Defense desperately needs a legitimate pass rusher.

I don't disagree with this but Osi isn't that guy.

Osi's a monster.

Plus, he's already familiar with the stadium. Knows where the slippery spots are on the field turf, where the seems are, where to park, which showers have the best water pressure, etc. He could really hit the ground running and make an immediate impact with the Jets.

I don't disagree with this but Osi isn't that guy.

Wait. Let's not gloss over this.

You didn't want to sign Asomugha so that you could get a pass rusher and now even Osi isn't enough? What the **** do you expect? Do you expect to sign Bubba Smith in his prime? I can see not wanting to give up a first or even a second for Osi or not wanting to give him a huge deal, but you don't even think he is a legit pass rusher?

Wait. Let's not gloss over this.

You didn't want to sign Asomugha so that you could get a pass rusher and now even Osi isn't enough? What the **** do you expect? Do you expect to sign Bubba Smith in his prime? I can see not wanting to give up a first or even a second for Osi or not wanting to give him a huge deal, but you don't even think he is a legit pass rusher?

He's a 4-3 end. We are play 3-4. He doesn't fit. We need an OLB.

If the Jets decided that they wanted to pursue Osi, I would trust that they had a plan in place to put him to use.

And before anyone asks: Yes, much more than I trust them with two #1 CB's. :lol:

Ah. Now I understand. Bubba Smith is not acceptable! He does not fit the system. Only Lawrence Taylor will do! Dude the guy they are looking for is only going to play on 3rd and long. He can be a punter if he'll knock the QB on his a$$.

Ah. Now I understand. Bubba Smith is not acceptable! He does not fit the system. Only Lawrence Taylor will do! Dude the guy they are looking forget is only going to play on 3rd and long. He can be a punter if he'll knock the QB on his a$$.

Did you really compare Osi who is overrated, a malcontent and hurt all the time to LT?

Did you really compare Osi who is overrated, a malcontent and hurt all the time to LT?

Not at all. You have harped for ages about the NEED for a pass rusher. Now that one might be available you do not find him acceptable because he is a 4/3 DE. Kiwanuka, Pace, Thomas, Jason Taylor and Gholston are also 4/3 DEs.

I'm not in favor of giving up David Harris for Osi and would not do that, nor would I give up a first rounder. I might give up a second rounder, if I could pay him something reasonable.

But to say Osi couldn't make an impact on this defense because he is a traditional 4-3 DE is a bit too simplistic, at least in my opinion. The Jets are not a traditional 34. They play multiple fronts, including the Bear 46, which requires an edge pass rusher (see Richard Dent).

Osi's an athlete. At 6'3", 260 he could generate pass rush and more importantly, would command special blocking attention, which might open up rush lanes and free up other guys.

Answer me this ... who do you think Rex would rather have on this team right now ... Brian Thomas or Osi?

They both make about the same money right now, although the Jets would probably have to re-negotiate with Osi to make him happy.

$10M a year? No way.

But $5M or $6M?

Maybe.

I'm not in favor of giving up David Harris for Osi and would not do that, nor would I give up a first rounder. I might give up a second rounder, if I could pay him something reasonable.

But to say Osi couldn't make an impact on this defense because he is a traditional 4-3 DE is a bit too simplistic, at least in my opinion. The Jets are not a traditional 34. They play multiple fronts, including the Bear 46, which requires an edge pass rusher (see Richard Dent).

Osi's an athlete. At 6'3", 260 he could generate pass rush and more importantly, would command special blocking attention, which might open up rush lanes and free up other guys.

Answer me this ... who do you think Rex would rather have on this team right now ... Brian Thomas or Osi?

They both make about the same money right now, although the Jets would probably have to re-negotiate with Osi to make him happy.

$10M a year? No way.

But $5M or $6M?

Maybe.

Very good point and I fully agree. Well done.

$10M a year? No way.

But $5M or $6M?

Maybe.

Obviously, he'd rather have Osi.

This is all just internet chat-room nonsense anyway.

If Osi is traded, it's going to be to a team that gives him a big contract extension. And the Jets are not in a position to do that, nor should they.

$10M a year? No way.

But $5M or $6M?

Maybe.

He want's to get paid $10 a year like a premier player. Also, the Giants want a 1st. So in other words, a trade probably wouldn't happen. And I think you mean Bryan Thomas.

Why is the 4-3/3-4 thing such a big deal? This D Uses plenty of both.

It wouldn't be if you weren't talking about giving up a 1st round pick and a huge money contract in the process. That just doesn't work for a player that would essentially be a situational rusher, as he'd have no every down position on this team.

He want's to get paid $10 a year like a premier player. Also, the Giants want a 1st. So in other words, a trade probably wouldn't happen. And I think you mean Bryan Thomas.

Thanks for the spelling correction ... nobody else would have known who I was talking about ... sheeesh.

I know he wants to get paid $10M ... so what? Doesn't mean he'll get it.

I know the Giants want a 1. Doesn't mean they'll get it.

He's not a FA. He's under contract for two more years and he'll be 30 in November, which means he won't want to sit and rot for two prime years of his career and as a result, would pobably take something more than what he's making now and less than what he wants. He doesn't have much of a choice.

The point is ... inquire.

Thanks for the spelling correction ... nobody else would have known who I was talking about ... sheeesh.

I know he wants to get paid $10M ... so what? Doesn't mean he'll get it.

I know the Giants want a 1. Doesn't mean they'll get it.

He's not a FA. He's under contract for two more years and he'll be 30 in November, which means he won't want to sit and rot for two prime years of his career and as a result, would pobably take something more than what he's making now and less than what he wants. He doesn't have much of a choice.

The point is ... inquire.

I'm just used to it considering some people I work with like to harp on every spelling mistake I make. It rubs off. :P

Anywho.

Inquiring about it wouldn't hurt.

But let's say he wants to get traded to the Jets. Doesn't he have the right to refuse the trade if we don't give him a new contract?

Wasn't the whole reason Orton wasn't traded to the Phins is cause he wanted to get paid more then the Phins offered?

I'm just thinking ahead.

Archived