It's time to fleece the Steelers again

T0mShane

Noooooo. Woodley. He has that $10 mil number because he's been franchised and the Steelers have to Lise $11 mil over the next 30 hours. They can deal Woodley and plug Timmons into his spot.

Oh. Well, then your idea doesn't make sense. Have you seen Woodley? He isn't the type of guy you deal away because of the cap - he's the type of guy you make other dudes take pay cuts for.

What if the Jets traded Harris for Woodley? Steelers move Timmons outside, and work on a trade like that would explain the lack of a signing bonus in Harris' deal (no cap hit for dealing him). Much as I'd hate to see Harris go, Woodley would be worth it. Pace would move inside in that scenario.

*Note, I don't think this is really going to happen, or even being contemplated. But as long as we're dreaming of Woodley . . .*

What if the Jets traded Harris for Woodley? Steelers move Timmons outside, and work on a trade like that would explain the lack of a signing bonus in Harris' deal (no cap hit for dealing him). Much as I'd hate to see Harris go, Woodley would be worth it. Pace would move inside in that scenario.

*Note, I don't think this is really going to happen, or even being contemplated. But as long as we're dreaming of Woodley . . .*

Pace would be ineffective as an inside linebacker.

Outside linebacker is a better use of his talents.

Teams have to be under the cap by 4 pm tomorrow. The Steelers are $11 mil over the cap as of right now. Taking up a pretty significant portion of that $11 mil is a franchised LaMarr Woodley. The Steelers already have Woodley's replacement on the roster in Lawrence Timmons. They clearly have no fear of cutting deals with the Jets (Santonio?).

God dammit, Tannenbaum. Make it happen.

So, after the Holmes deal, and after having to meet the Jets in the Champ game last year, you really think that Pitt would make a deal with the Jets? Really? LOL! That's as likely as Pitt making a deal with the Ravens, Pats and Colts. C'mon.

So, after the Holmes deal, and after having to meet the Jets in the Champ game last year, you really think that Pitt would make a deal with the Jets? Really? LOL! That's as likely as Pitt making a deal with the Ravens, Pats and Colts. C'mon.

The Jets were in the AFCCG and the Steelers handed them Santonio Holmes for nothing. I don't think they worry about who they may or may not have to face later on.

Uhhhh, Harrison's only "off the field issues" were the fact that he spoke his mind about certain situations. We welcome that on the Jets. Bring him over. Besides what he does on the field is the most important thing.

Uhhhh, Harrison's only "off the field issues" were the fact that he spoke his mind about certain situations. We welcome that on the Jets. Bring him over. Besides what he does on the field is the most important thing.

Harrison is a bigger ******* moron than Braylon, Cromartie and Holmes were combined when the Jets got so much crap for them last year. The crap he's said constitutes a lot more than "speaking his mind" and would have him currently unemployed in any other profession in the world. He's shown himself to be a complete piece of crap as a human being. One of the very few guys in this league I would really hate to have to root for.

Harrison is a bigger ******* moron than Braylon, Cromartie and Holmes were combined when the Jets got so much crap for them last year. The crap he's said constitutes a lot more than "speaking his mind" and would have him currently unemployed in any other profession in the world. He's shown himself to be a complete piece of crap as a human being. One of the very few guys in this league I would really hate to have to root for.

But what is talk??? Who cares what the dude says? Would you rather have a guy that speaks his mind, or a guy that gets into bar fights, 4 am car accidents, and DUIs? You can't even compare that crap. Actions speak louder than words, and I'm so tired of the whole 'politically correct' crap where people get scrutinize for using their first amendment right to hint at anything controversial. It makes no difference in the real world what one dude's beliefs are, besides to over emotional clowns that get offended for no reason. If you don't like what someone says, don't listen to it. Does his opinion really make a difference in your life? LOL

and I'm so tired of the whole 'politically correct' crap where people get scrutinize for using their first amendment right to hint at anything controversial.

The 1st Amendment protects you from the government interfering with free speech. It does NOT protect an employee from getting fired or disciplined by his employer for what he says.

But what is talk??? Who cares what the dude says? Would you rather have a guy that speaks his mind, or a guy that gets into bar fights, 4 am car accidents, and DUIs? You can't even compare that crap. Actions speak louder than words, and I'm so tired of the whole 'politically correct' crap where people get scrutinize for using their first amendment right to hint at anything controversial. It makes no difference in the real world what one dude's beliefs are, besides to over emotional clowns that get offended for no reason. If you don't like what someone says, don't listen to it. Does his opinion really make a difference in your life? LOL

Does it make a difference? No, it just makes me think he's a complete piece of sh*t. There's plenty of evidence to support that. The fact that you're trying to defend what he's said as "just an opinion" or trying to pull that political correctness card when there was nothing remotely "hinting" about any of his comments actually says volumes. But then again, apparently Harrison's racist, homophobic opinion is golden and not to be questioned because you like him as an NFL player, but the rest of us shouldn't dare to share our opinions, right?

The 1st Amendment protects you from the government interfering with free speech. It does NOT protect an employee from getting fired or disciplined by his employer for what he says.

That's relevant to the discussion in what way?

Does it make a difference? No, it just makes me think he's a complete piece of sh*t. There's plenty of evidence to support that. The fact that you're trying to defend what he's said as "just an opinion" or trying to pull that political correctness card when there was nothing remotely "hinting" about any of his comments actually says volumes. But then again, apparently Harrison's racist, homophobic opinion is golden and not to be questioned because you like him as an NFL player, but the rest of us shouldn't dare to share our opinions, right?

So it's not just an opinion???? I didn't say you had to agree with him. But the notion that someone having a controversial opinion constitutes "off field issues" is a complete joke. Yeah, definitely on par with manslaughter, bar fights and drunk driving. LOL. C'mon man. People take sh*t like this way too seriously.

Teams have to be under the cap by 4 pm tomorrow. The Steelers are $11 mil over the cap as of right now. Taking up a pretty significant portion of that $11 mil is a franchised LaMarr Woodley. The Steelers already have Woodley's replacement on the roster in Lawrence Timmons. They clearly have no fear of cutting deals with the Jets (Santonio?).

God dammit, Tannenbaum. Make it happen.

Like the time we stole Kimo von Oelhoffen from them?

Please don't involve yourself with anything having to do with people who wear Steelers jerseys.

Archived