OK with Ellis Gone...

TNJet

Yep, its amazing how the Jets were so good at the point of attack considering the lack of talent. I'm sure Rex Ryan is paying attention to what you are saying...he doesnt know anything about defense.

It's because of Rex, no doubt. Your D-line is well below average. Your outside LB's are horawful. Safetys are slightly below average. So basically you have two good ILB's and and the best CB in football. Rex deserves to be COTY.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whaddya figure, 6,7 wins for the fish this year?

I'm starting to feel good about the squad were fielding this year. I predict 9-7 but i would not be suprised to if we hit 10-6 and grab a playoff spot....yes i'm being serious. I think it's the Jets that will be taking a step back this year. :/ sorry fellas.

I'm starting to feel good about the squad were fielding this year. I predict 9-7 but i would not be suprised to if we hit 10-6 and grab a playoff spot....yes i'm being serious. I think it's the Jets that will be taking a step back this year. :/ sorry fellas.

You might have some credibility if that wasn't the exact same prediction you made the last two years. :rolleyes:

Devito lmaooooo He's a lunch pail average d-lineman at best. A longshot, white player with an Italian name playing in NY that makes him a fan fav. My old man goes nuts for this guy. lol

Devito is a beast and would start for every 3-4 team in the league.

I think the Jets have a ceiling of about 11 wins but could easily lose a few close games and be a 9-7 team (which is what i predict for them this year)

We won 11 games with basically the same roster last year. Our ceiling is higher than that if Sanchez makes ANY steps forward. Our floor is probably lower than last year but I'd put our ceiling at 13 wins.

We won 11 games with basically the same roster last year. Our ceiling is higher than that if Sanchez makes ANY steps forward. Our floor is probably lower than last year but I'd put our ceiling at 13 wins.

I just think theres to many ? on the offensive side. Holmes, Sanchez and the O-line i would feel confident about if I were a Jets fan. But what about the RB postion. I admit L.T. was better than i thought he would be last year but do you honestly expect him to duplicate what he did last year early on. I don't. Dude's old and had to carry more the load last year because Grenne wasn't trusted to. Shonne Greene was supposed to have his breakout seaosn last year and he went backwards. As far as WR's if Plax is Plax then thats going be tough for defenses to deal with, but let's be honest, dude just got out of prison and is not in football shape. Plax will be pulling hammy's and sprainig ankles all year long getting the rust off. D. Mason had a good year but i think we finally saw his decline happening late in the season. The NYJ will NOT be as good last year.

Yep. So true...no wonder why the Jets give up some many rushing yards per game. Talentless defense...cant stop a nose bleed.

It's a very fair point. Sure the Jets are returning 2 of 3 starters and their entire backup rotation, but how can they possibly expect just Wilkerson, Ellis and a returning Pitoitua to possibly make up for the difference of loss of Shaun Ellis and... um...

I just think theres to many ? on the offensive side. Holmes, Sanchez and the O-line i would feel confident about if I were a Jets fan. But what about the RB postion. I admit L.T. was better than i thought he would be last year but do you honestly expect him to duplicate what he did last year early on. I don't. Dude's old and had to carry more the load last year because Grenne wasn't trusted to. Shonne Greene was supposed to have his breakout seaosn last year and he went backwards. As far as WR's if Plax is Plax then thats going be tough for defenses to deal with, but let's be honest, dude just got out of prison and is not in football shape. Plax will be pulling hammy's and sprainig ankles all year long getting the rust off. D. Mason had a good year but i think we finally saw his decline happening late in the season. The NYJ will NOT be as good last year.

So because of our # 2 RB and # 2 and 3 WR's, we won't be as good? What about our D-Line, which added a 1st & 3rd rounder with potential, not to mention Pitoitua (which, given your ignorance about DeVito and Pouha, it would surprise me if you didn't scoff at that statement)? We maintained the same secondary, Kyle Wilson and Joe McKnight are looking great in camp after disappointing season, and Kerley is also turning heads. Our O-line is the same, and we get younger at FB as well (Connor).

If Sanchez progresses we're a better team than last year. Period. All the other pieces are there.

It's a very fair point. Sure the Jets are returning 2 of 3 starters and their entire backup rotation, but how can they possibly expect just Wilkerson, Ellis and a returning Pitoitua to possibly make up for the difference of loss of Shaun Ellis and... um...

Shaun Ellis had more sacks than your whole d-line combined.

Shaun Ellis had more sacks than your whole d-line combined.

I don't know how the Jets will possibly make up for those 4.5 sacks on the season from a position that's not anywhere close to the primary source of sacks in Rex's D. I mean come on, that's a whole half of a sack more than what the Jets got out of pass rushing demon Drew Coleman.

What has you feeling good about the fish? The Henne/Moore QB competition heating up?

We have a NT that will be regarded as one of the best in the NFL after this season. Also have our former 1st round draft pic DE Jared Odrick who is healthy. We'll be much better against the run this year.

Haha! In one breath, you disparage the Jets 1st round DE, and in the next it's the fish's 1st round DE who did nothing last year that's going to make all the difference for them.

Funny trolls are funny.

What has you feeling good about the fish? The Henne/Moore QB competition heating up?

Haha! In one breath, you disparage the Jets 1st round DE, and in the next it's the fish's 1st round DE who did nothing last year that's going to make all the difference for them.

Funny trolls are funny.

Difference is DE is our deepest postion and he's like 4th on the depth chart, we don't need him to start and be an immediate impact like you need with Wilkerson.

So because of our # 2 RB and # 2 and 3 WR's, we won't be as good? What about our D-Line, which added a 1st & 3rd rounder with potential, not to mention Pitoitua (which, given your ignorance about DeVito and Pouha, it would surprise me if you didn't scoff at that statement)? We maintained the same secondary, Kyle Wilson and Joe McKnight are looking great in camp after disappointing season, and Kerley is also turning heads. Our O-line is the same, and we get younger at FB as well (Connor).

If Sanchez progresses we're a better team than last year. Period. All the other pieces are there.

I think both L.T. and Green are questionable at this point.I'm sorry but if it don't happen for Green this year it ain't happening. The WR situation can go either way IMO. Could be one of the best groups in Football and it also could be one of the biggest mistakes Tanny has made in his tenure as GM for the jets. You just added towo guys to the mix that Sanchez has never thrown to before and has zero chemistry. And one of those guys hasnt played football in alost 3 years.

It's because of Rex, no doubt. Your D-line is well below average. Your outside LB's are horawful. Safetys are slightly below average. So basically you have two good ILB's and and the best CB in football. Rex deserves to be COTY.

Yes, thats it...2 good ILB's and the best corner in the NFL, thats what makes us so good at the point of attack. :blink: Good break down.

Difference is DE is our deepest postion and he's like 4th on the depth chart, we don't need him to start and be an immediate impact like you need with Wilkerson.

You never need an impact from a 3-4 DE, it's just something that's nice to have.

You may not know the names of their depth players, or realize that Mike DeVito is one of best 3-4 DE's in the league, but the Jets' DL is a position of strength for the team this year. The team has a lot of young, able bodies to rotate in and out. You can troll to your heart's content, but you're not going to sell that stuff here.

And you didn't answer my question: Why are you feeling good about your fish right now? What's changed?

I think both L.T. and Green are questionable at this point.I'm sorry but if it don't happen for Green this year it ain't happening. The WR situation can go either way IMO. Could be one of the best groups in Football and it also could be one of the biggest mistakes Tanny has made in his tenure as GM for the jets. You just added towo guys to the mix that Sanchez has never thrown to before and has zero chemistry. And one of those guys hasnt played football in alost 3 years.

Where does a Miami Dolphin fan come off questioning anyone else's RB's?

Again, Jets are young and strong at RB. Besides Greene and LT, you have Joe McKnight who came on at the end of his rookie season and is having a terrific camp and an expanded role mapped out for him, as well as highly regarded 4th rounder Bilal Powell. And, of course, The Terminator. Jets are young and deep at RB.

You guys have Reggie Bush, Polite, and what the hell else, exactly?

You never need an impact from a 3-4 DE, it's just something that's nice to have.

You may not know the names of their depth players, or realize that Mike DeVito is one of best 3-4 DE's in the league, but the Jets' DL is a position of strength for the team this year. The team has a lot of young, able bodies to rotate in and out. You can troll to your heart's content, but you're not going to sell that stuff here.

And you didn't answer my question: Why are you feeling good about your fish right now? What's changed?

Were catching up to the times and finaly injecting our sputtering offense with some much needed speed. Big and Strong is good , but not if their statues. Also i think our front 7 on defense is going to be one of the best in the league. Add that with a solid secondary with Vontae Davis poised to take the next step as an All Pro CB and we should easily boast a top 5 defense this year. Henne is in his do or die year with his contract expiring. If he can limit the mistakes and not play like a robot that should be enough to keep us in games and have a shot at the playoffs. Notcied in camp he's becoming alot more comfortable throwing it up to Marshall and letting him go get it. This is also the first offseason (besides his stomach surgery) That Marshall is 100% and not having any hip problems. Only thing really working against us is Tony Morano. I'm hoping last year was more of Dan hennings fault and not his.

There's so much poop in this post, I dont know where to begin and dont want to bother...but who knows its all pure speculation at this point, maybe your right.

I see this team being better this season...12-4 or 13-3.

Archived