Bills looking to deal Lee Evans?

Jetsfan80

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Cardinals-trading-for-Bills-WR-Evans-?urn=nfl-383087

Cardinals trading for Bills WR Evans?

Wed Aug 10 06:55am EDT

By Mark J. Miller

ept_sports_rumors-859478204-1312973632_thumb.jpg?ymAd_dFDBURwVK5v

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Lee Evans has become expendable since the team added Brad Smith. And the word is that there is a team that wouldn't mind putting Evans on its roster.

XTRA Sports 910 of Phoenix reports that the Arizona Cardinals are "showing interest" in Evans, who only had 37 catches and four touchdowns last year.

Still, though, the 30-year-old who is under contract till the end of next season has had 43 career touchdowns over seven seasons and has averaged 15.7 yards per catch in that time.

Follow Scoop du Jour on Twitter or Facebook.

Source: XTRA 910 Phoenix

Holy sh*t...the Bills actually think Brad Smith is a viable option at WR. This is hilarious.

If this trades does go down, Arizona is going to have a nasty little offense.

Assuming Kolb is actually worth a damn, which I think is a big assumption that he is. I seriously don't get the love for him at all.

That said, I agree it's absolutely hilarious that they see Smith as an even slightly viable option at WR, never mind starting caliber.

Assuming Kolb is actually worth a damn, which I think is a big assumption that he is. I seriously don't get the love for him at all.

That said, I agree it's absolutely hilarious that they see Smith as an even slightly viable option at WR, never mind starting caliber.

I'm not sold the Kolb is a stud by any means...but hell, if he's throwing to Larry Fitz, Braylon Edwards and Lee Evans with a decent run game behind...how bad can he be?

I'm not sold the Kolb is a stud by any means...but hell, if he's throwing to Larry Fitz, Braylon Edwards and Lee Evans with a decent run game behind...how bad can he be?

Edwards went to SF, outside of Fitz they have nothing they need Evans bad

Well Edwards is on the 49ers, so Kolb won't be throwing to him. :-P

Either way, they can still be pretty bad if Kolb sucks. Just go back a few years to that very same team, and look at the difference in the offense with Warner and Leinart under center. Not that Kolb will be as bad as Leinart, but the offense will only be good as he allows it to be. It's the same reason everyone keeps saying regardless of the other talent, this Jets' offense lives and dies by the improvement shown by Sanchez this year. Frankly, Matt Flynn showed me more in one game as the Packers starter than Kolb has ever in his career.

Unless Braylon is now a DB, I don't know how Kolb is going to be throwing to him.

In Evans' entire 7-year NFL career he has once had a better season than Mason, back in 2006. And now he's been in a downward spiral for the past 3 years. Yeah, no thanks.

No chance in Hell the Bills would deal Evans to us anyways, even if we wanted him.

Exactly who was throwing him the ball ?

Evans had the worst season of his career last year, and that was with Fitzpatrick having a pretty damn good season at QB for them.

Besides, what has Mason been playing with in that time that's been so great exactly? For the first 5 years of Evans career (in other words, the time period Evans actually had some respectable numbers), outside of a couple of partial seasons of an aged and injured McNair, Mason was getting the ball thrown to him by the likes of Billy Volek, Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright and a rookie Joe Flacco. Not exactly an all-star lineup either.

Evans had the worst season of his career last year, and that was with Fitzpatrick having a pretty damn good season at QB for them.

Besides, what has Mason been playing with in that time that's been so great exactly? For the first 5 years of Evans career (in other words, the time period Evans actually had some respectable numbers), outside of a couple of partial seasons of an aged and injured McNair, Mason was getting the ball thrown to him by the likes of Billy Volek, Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright and a rookie Joe Flacco. Not exactly an all-star lineup either.

Very true BG maybe its a wash with the QB situation and I do think Fitz will be a very good QB for the Bills.... I think Evans needs a change of scenery. Constant losing, probably constant double teams, can wear on a player after a while.

So, its not like Mason has had Montana throwing to him in Balt.

No he didnt but I think the Baltimore Offense has been a bit more consistent than the Bills offense has. They are after all a winning football team where the Bills are a borderline joke every year. i think playing on a bad team can take its toll on some players.

Very true BG maybe its a wash with the QB situation and I do think Fitz will be a very good QB for the Bills.... I think Evans needs a change of scenery. Constant losing, probably constant double teams, can wear on a player after a while.

What, Eric Moulds and Peerless Price didnt take any pressure off him? And now Stevie Johnson. :D

No he didnt but I think the Baltimore Offense has been a bit more consistent than the Bills offense has. They are after all a winning football team where the Bills are a borderline joke every year. i think playing on a bad team can take its toll on some players.

Both pretty inept on offense, until Balt drafted Flacco...but I'm with ya. Just messing with you.

I think Kolb is just as good as any QB in the league right now and better then most teams have. Maybe ten teams have a better qb.

I think Kolb is just as good as any QB in the league right now and better then most teams have. Maybe ten teams have a better qb.

And you base this on what, exactly? The 319 pass attempts he's made over the course of his illustrious 3 years in the league? Or his 14 INT's compared to 11 TD's?

You do realize that Mark Sanchez has a better career YPA than Kolb (6.6 to 6.5) with nearly three times as many pass attempts, don't you?

Evans' response to the rumors: “You just try to do what you can in the situation that you’re in"

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-10/buffalo-bills-training-camp-lee-evans-on-trade-block

Buffalo Bills training camp: Lee Evans on trade block?

Jay Skurski

Sporting News

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Trade rumors have swirled around Lee Evans in recent days. On Wednesday, the Bills’ veteran receiver took time to address them.

“You just try to do what you can in the situation that you’re in,” Evans said.

Reading between the lines, it sounds as if Evans has listened to the rumors -- and doesn’t mind what he’s heard.

That’s not a surprise, given the team’s track record since he’s been here. Evans has been a part of just one team with a winning record -- his rookie year in 2004 the Bills went 9-7.

The 30-year-old, has one year left on a four-year, $37.25 million contract and would surely welcome joining a playoff contender. The Bills may be willing to move Evans because of their depth at receiver, although the thinking here is to wait until the season to see if Steve Johnson can develop into a true No. 1 before doing so.

Notes: Second-year defensive end Alex Carrington has bulked up. He put on about 20 pounds in the offseason, and now weighs in at 306. He’s currently running with the second unit at left defensive end, but the coaching staff likes what they’ve seen, even giving him a crack at playing a hybrid linebacker spot in one of the team’s sub-packages. Carrington’s physique makes him an ideal fit at defensive end in the 3-4. If he can develop and push starter Dwan Edwards for playing time, the Bills’ depth up front would look much better.

Archived