Mark Sanchez: The Final Countdown

Maxman

The page alerted me to this new post while I was mid-response.  

I erased mine and didn't hit the "Post" button because yours is way better.

1.  You need to get better at quick, concise posts that destroy peoples' souls rather than long diatribes that slowly wear them down.

2.  For once, I beat you at message boarding.  Woo!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will be cut -- just hope they give him a serious look when it comes to who gives the jets the best option as a vet to come in and compete with Smith in 2014. Never heard of Sanchez rocking the boat with Smith, seemed to be a positive influence on the sideline, and the jets can't afford to have another Matt Simms/David Garrard situation again where you feel you have no option but to stick with a bad starting QB.

I wonder if this is really "THE" Mark Sanchez trying to rally the Jets fans up to bring him back??? After all, the majority of Jets fans thought Rex deserved another yr and it seems as if ownership heard them and brought Rex back. Hmmmmm?

Sorry Mark.... the train is about to leave the station, and you're on it. Say Hi to little Shottenheimer.... wherever he ends up. Cleveland, maybe or Jacksonville.

Sorry Mark.... the train is about to leave the station, and you're on it. Say Hi to little Shottenheimer.... wherever he ends up. Cleveland, maybe or Jacksonville.

I think Sanchez will actually end up landing with someone like Andy Reid or John Harbaugh as a backup to Alex Smith/Flacco or someone of that type.  You KNOW there's a top HC out there who thinks they can "fix" Sanchez and will petition their front offices to bring him in on the cheap.  With teams like that it doesn't really matter who your backup is because if your starter goes down you're screwed regardless.  Sanchez could step in as a backup in a good system, perform OK in a low pressure setting and all of a sudden have value again.

I doubt he ends up with a bad team, because then he'd be in the starting QB mix.  And there's really no one out there, I imagine, who thinks Sanchez can actually start in this league.  As bad as the free agent QB market is shaping this year, there are guys with more value out there.  I'd take a Chad Henne, Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell or Josh Freeman over Sanchez in a heartbeat if I'm looking at a veteran.  I'd also take Matt Schaub on the cheap.  I don't think he's quite done in this league.

And of course, there's perhaps a half dozen QB's in this draft who COULD land immediate starting jobs.  So why would any bad team bring in Sanchez as more than an insurance policy?  The QB market is about to be flooded and there's few places for a Sanchez.

...and the jets can't afford to have another Matt Simms/David Garrard situation again where you feel you have no option but to stick with a bad starting QB.

Or another Sanchez/McElroy situation, or another Sanchez/Tebow situation, or another Sanchez/Brunell situation, or another Sanchez/Clemens situation....

I wonder if this is really "THE" Mark Sanchez trying to rally the Jets fans up to bring him back??? After all, the majority of Jets fans thought Rex deserved another yr and it seems as if ownership heard them and brought Rex back. Hmmmmm?

I am not saying Sanchez is elite or the best QB in the world...I do believe he is the best of the available veteran QBs the team will have the option of signing in the offseason.  Cutler is not coming to NY, Vick is not coming to NY, Schaub shot not even be discussed, no way they are trading for the likes of Kirk Cousins.  What is left on the list is a bunch of 35 year old professional backup QBs that don't have the fire or drive to be a starter anymore.

Or another Sanchez/McElroy situation, or another Sanchez/Tebow situation, or another Sanchez/Brunell situation, or another Sanchez/Clemens situation....

I agree 100% - you need a viable backup and the jets failed to do that since they drafted Sanchez.  I think a viable backup is critical - even with a legit franchise QB just in case there is an injury.  However, when you have a young inconsistent starter, a viable backup is even more critical.  Smith needs a legit backup that has started and can start.

I am not saying Sanchez is elite or the best QB in the world...I do believe he is the best of the available veteran QBs the team will have the option of signing in the offseason.  Cutler is not coming to NY, Vick is not coming to NY, Schaub shot not even be discussed, no way they are trading for the likes of Kirk Cousins.  What is left on the list is a bunch of 35 year old professional backup QBs that don't have the fire or drive to be a starter anymore.

Chad Henne, Jason Campbell, Josh Freeman.  All are better options and would be relatively inexpensive.

I agree 100% - you need a viable backup and the jets failed to do that since they drafted Sanchez.  I think a viable backup is critical - even with a legit franchise QB just in case there is an injury.  However, when you have a young inconsistent starter, a viable backup is even more critical.  Smith needs a legit backup that has started and can start.

Sanchez is not a legit backup and cannot start.  So that removes him from the pool.  What's he going to teach Geno as his backup?  How best to throw into triple coverage?

Has this been merged with the "Sanchez sucks" thread?

I think that's already been established except for the 2 guys who are arguing against it, Pac, and the guy who is apparently Sanchez himself.  This thread is for the rest of us to celebrate Sanchez's inevitable cut day.

Sanchez is not a legit backup and cannot start.  So that removes him from the pool.  What's he going to teach Geno as his backup?  How best to throw into triple coverage?

You honestly don't think Sanchez is even good enough to backup Geno?  Give me a break  -- it's fine not to like the guy, but to say he isn't capable of being a viable backup option compared to the list of no names out there is crazy,

You honestly don't think Sanchez is even good enough to backup Geno?  Give me a break  -- it's fine not to like the guy, but to say he isn't capable of being a viable backup option compared to the list of no names out there is crazy,

There are other options out there that are far better.  Again....what is he going to teach Geno?  He'll be nothing but a distraction here.  Idzik spent his first year here cutting ties with members of the old guard, and the only reason he couldn't cut Sanchez (and Holmes) was due to finances.  Now he can finally do so and we'll have a fresh slate roster. 

There are other options out there that are far better.  Again....what is he going to teach Geno?  He'll be nothing but a distraction here.  Idzik spent his first year here cutting ties with members of the old guard, and the only reason he couldn't cut Sanchez (and Holmes) was due to finances.  Now he can finally do so and we'll have a fresh slate roster. 

Who is better?  Who has proven they can win as a starter, play big in the playoffs, and win on the road?  He wasn't a distraction this season and seemed to be a solid teammate on the sideline with geno and the offense.  Sanchez has plenty of flaws but no one every said the guy wasnt a professional, worked hard, studied film - there is a lot to be said as to what Sanchez can help geno with.  Right now Geno needs help in so many areas it's not even funny.  Geno is currently unable to rollout to his right and throw a deep ball in bounds .. maybe start there.  Or how about learning how to throw anything with timing...a slant, a curl and out...something where understanding how a route is run and where a receiver is supposed to be?  You know little things.

Still haven't seen a denial that this is in fact Sanchez... Or maybe his father or brother or dumpster slut from a vine video

Nope -- just a 32 year fan of the jets -- 32 years of waiting til next year, 32 years of waiting for that great draft, 32 years of seeing awful mistakes from the front office, 32 years of misery.

Season ticket holder since 1993 and had a family member play for the team for over a decade.

Nope -- just a 32 year fan of the jets -- 32 years of waiting til next year, 32 years of waiting for that great draft, 32 years of seeing awful mistakes from the front office, 32 years of misery.

Season ticket holder since 1993 and had a family member play for the team for over a decade.

Mark Sanchez has been on the team for 5 years. It's only felt like a decade.

I think that's already been established except for the 2 guys who are arguing against it, Pac, and the guy who is apparently Sanchez himself.  This thread is for the rest of us to celebrate Sanchez's inevitable cut day.

Sounds eerily similar to a few weeks ago when you all were celebrating Rex' dismissal and I tried to tell you not so fast...

Doesn't matter. Sanchezians will not accept any evidence. They're like 9/11 conspiracy theorists and people that believe vaccinations cause autism. Courtney (where is she by the way?) is their Jenny McCarthy.

So, they're Villian_The_Foe?

I stopped reading at average weapons at WR this year.

Jokes on me though, because I really should have stopped at "NYJSanchez."

Funny, the exact thought crossed my mind this morning upon seeing another response from him.

Again, stacking paragraphs and nothing remotely related to the point I made. Troll, and not a very entertaining one at that.

Funny, the exact thought crossed my mind this morning upon seeing another response from him.

Again, stacking paragraphs and nothing remotely related to the point I made. Troll, and not a very entertaining one at that.

To insinuate that it's a troll would be to insinuate that this person doesn't take their arguments seriously.  I'm not sure.

Sounds eerily similar to a few weeks ago when you all were celebrating Rex' dismissal and I tried to tell you not so fast...

I was, admittedly, riding the fence a bit on Rex.  I still like him but after those 3 straight blowouts when we were 5-4 I moved in the direction of "I'm OK with Idzik bringing in his own guy".  Call me a flip-flopper, whatever.  I want what's best for the Jets and try to avoid blind loyalty towards one player or coach.

But when it comes to Sanchez, there's no fence-riding.  He's terrible and is as good as gone.  Period.  It makes no sense whatsoever for us to even entertain the idea of making him Geno or our 2014 rookie QB's backup.  The only people still defending Sanchez are you and Mark Sanchez's family, who apparently post on JetNation.

You can hate all you want but when it comes down to finding a veteran QB that wants to come into the NY media circus with a chance to start there are not many options.  Who on the list of available QBs for 2014 would be a viable option should they have to start 16 games?

No one has come back with names and in another thread someone has point 2 for 2014 - Find a veteran that can start 16 games if needed - again with no viable options listed.

Sanchez improved each of his first three seasons as personnel around him diminished. In 2012 the jets basically threw the offense under the bus with poor personnel decisions, bloated contracts, Tebow, Sporano, and injuries took care of the final outcome.  Look at the list of available veteran QBs that are available in 2014 none of them make you think they can come in and compete to start.  They will come in and hold a clipboard and take home a pay check.  That is not what the Jets need next season. They need a viable option to come in, compete with and push Geno, and if needed start games.  If geno sees a career journeyman backup being signed where is the drive for him to really improve?  That is a concern with a young QB.  He sees Sanchez come back he knows he has to come back and really outshine him in camp.  To me that is the best option..not Shaun Hill, McCown, Schaub, or Vick.

Regarding the bold, that's not exactly true.  Sanchez's downward spiral began during the 2011 season and simply continued on ever since then.  It's the reason why the subsequent offseason was filled with constant chatter about the Jets need to bring in competition for Sanchez, as well as how they should start looking for options in the draft again (do we not remember the extensive reports regarding Bradway flipping a sh*t in the draft room about the Jets needing to draft Wilson?).  The Jets actually even made a move at the position, but it just so happened their stupid asses managed to dig up the one guy in the league who had already proven beyond doubt to be an even sh*ttier passer than Sanchez, so it did anything but help.  None of these are signs of a guy who was supposedly constantly improving.

So basically all that leaves us with is that Sanchez improved once, from his rookie year to his second year, and has been as bad or worse than that ever since then.

I was, admittedly, riding the fence a bit on Rex.  I still like him but after those 3 straight blowouts when we were 5-4 I moved in the direction of "I'm OK with Idzik bringing in his own guy".  Call me a flip-flopper, whatever.  I want what's best for the Jets and try to avoid blind loyalty towards one player or coach.

But when it comes to Sanchez, there's no fence-riding.  He's terrible and is as good as gone.  Period.  It makes no sense whatsoever for us to even entertain the idea of making him Geno or our 2014 rookie QB's backup.  The only people still defending Sanchez are you and Mark Sanchez's family, who apparently post on JetNation.

If you go back a couple pages I said the ship has sailed and Geno should be the starter in 14.  That being said you can do a lot worse than Sanchez as a backup.  Cutler isn't coming here and Mccown is overrated junk.  He started 3 games in 4 years before this season yet people act as if he's a FT starter.  Never mind he's passing to the best WR's in the league.  He wouldn't have Alston Jefferey jumping over DB's backs to make catches if he came here.

You can hate all you want but when it comes down to finding a veteran QB that wants to come into the NY media circus with a chance to start there are not many options.  Who on the list of available QBs for 2014 would be a viable option should they have to start 16 games?

No one has come back with names and in another thread someone has point 2 for 2014 - Find a veteran that can start 16 games if needed - again with no viable options listed.

That's the rub.  They'll accuse you of not making valid points while they themselves aren't offering alternatives.  

Geno Smith is available for us in 2014. That'll do.

Also, you are correct, there's no way any veteran QB wants anything to do with a starting job, not if they have to talk to the NY media.

"Hate all you want". Nobody is really hating, we're pointing out how illogical and scatterbrained every post you've made is. It's more of a matter of fact thing, than a hating thing.

I'd love it if you'd string together something logical, realistic or coherent and give people a fair chance to hate on you.

Archived