Melo's Farewell Tour--Remainder of 2013-2014 NY Knicks Thread

SMC

Jax is trading Chandler and Felton to Dallas for Calderón, Dalembert, Larkin, Wellington and 2 2014 2nd rounders.

2015 cap flexibility less important with no one to sign, I guess

We still lose salary in that deal. I know calderon is only partially guaranteed for this year. It's not so bad salary wise.

Larkin is a good project player.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still lose salary in that deal. I know calderon is only partially guaranteed for this year. It's not so bad salary wise.

Larkin is a good project player.

Knicks were targeting Larkin in last year's draft, so that's a plus.

Didn't kill the cap space so we shall see

The Knicks might have the most "Id drive to the airport" type players in the history of sports.

lol

The trade cost Dallas two starters -- point guard Jose Calderon and center Samuel Dalembert -- along with prized young point guard Shane Larkin, reserve guard Wayne Ellington and the 34th and 51st picks in Thursday's draft

holy sh*t, the NYK have draft picks ?????

I think he's gonna be Phil's vanity project, with predictable results. Even Henry Higgins can't turn Amy Winehouse into Betty Crocker.

LOL

BTW, crazy goings in Melopalooza's last day. Melo meeting with Lakers in LA now and Knicks contingent tonight.

But Noah has also flown to LA to meet Melo according to reports.

Plus, Kobe flew into LA late so he'll meet with Melo after Melo meets with Knicks.

Jax offering Melo the max is interesting. Some might say Dolan is involved, but Jax is no dummy. He cant lose Melo.

With Love likely to be traded, Aldridge and Kyrie agreeing to max deals to stay there's no 2015 FA that is worth top dollar. So the Knicks would be left with cap space, but no stars on roster and no stars to sign.

Interesting dynamic going on right now.  NBPA livid that management is trying to shame star players into taking less money when the players gave up $3.5 billion over 10 years in the last CBA negotiations. 

According to reports, NBPA spoke to LeBron about it and that's why he is now saying he'll only take a max deal.

Interesting dynamic going on right now.  NBPA livid that management is trying to shame star players into taking less money when the players gave up $3.5 billion over 10 years in the last CBA negotiations. 

According to reports, NBPA spoke to LeBron about it and that's why he is now saying he'll only take a max deal.

that is interesting.  it is probably best for everyone if these "big 3" things stop occuring

Is SMC issuing pre-apologies for Melo even after he signs with the Lakers?

He's signing with the Lakers to play with LeBron.  Simmons and Woj are talking about it.

Chicago is offering him something like $60 million less than the Lakers and Knicks can give him

Keep up.

Who lasts longer from here on out? Jax as Knicks president or Prok as N0ts owner?

I'm sure Prokhorov will sell the Nets for $10 billion dollars at some point, but not anytime soon. When it comes out that Lil' Jimmy forced Jackson to give Melo the max, though...

He's signing with the Lakers to play with LeBron. Simmons and Woj are talking about it.

Chicago is offering him something like $60 million less than the Lakers and Knicks can give him

Keep up.

Oh well if Bill Simmons is saying it

I'm sure Prokhorov will sell the Nets for $10 billion dollars at some point, but not anytime soon. When it comes out that Lil' Jimmy forced Jackson to give Melo the max, though...

Jax is no dummy.

Once Jeannie said the Lakers would give Melo the max, Jax couldnt tell Melo he wouldn't give it to him.

Jimmy didn't have to get involved because that's common sense, negotiations 101.

Archived