Melo's Farewell Tour--Remainder of 2013-2014 NY Knicks Thread

SMC

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Knicks won their first round playoff series last night.

Actually, the Knicks have 7 straight play-in games and they won the first one because I don't think they make it in without going 6-1 or 5-2 at the worst, or the Knicks are not making the playoffs.

Hawks have 8 games left and 4 are against dogs.

Melo was awful last night and Woody is an awful coach.

Its obvious that Kidd coached the team last season.

Woody has no clue what to do in close games from defense to offense and his use of timeouts is ridiculous. Once again in a tight game Knicks wrre left to 1 timeout with under 2 minutes left.

Melo was awful last night and Woody is an awful coach.

Its obvious that Kidd coached the team last season.

Woody has no clue what to do in close games from defense to offense and his use of timeouts is ridiculous. Once again in a tight game Knicks wrre left to 1 timeout with under 2 minutes left.

melo was hurt.  he was out there doing what he could.  to your point on kidd, the knicks PG situation is scared and stupid.  prigs is scared to take a shot, and felton is too stupid to know to get amar'e involved early.  they tried to ride the hot hand, and went 4 awful jump shot  possessions before realizing it's JR we're talking about

how can chandler spend so much time in a gym, and not have 3 low post moves the team can go to late in games ?   that melo for amar'e substitution late was moronioc

the timeouts don't bother me.  you only need 1 for a final possession

melo was hurt.  he was out there doing what he could.  to your point on kidd, the knicks PG situation is scared and stupid.  prigs is scared to take a shot, and felton is too stupid to know to get amar'e involved early.  they tried to ride the hot hand, and went 4 awful jump shot  possessions before realizing it's JR we're talking about

how can chandler spend so much time in a gym, and not have 3 low post moves the team can go to late in games ?   that melo for amar'e substitution late was moronioc

the timeouts don't bother me.  you only need 1 for a final possession

I agree with all your points. I dont understand it with Chandker. And the sub by putting Melo at center was stupid.

As to the timeouts, it seems lime other tesms hsve enough and the Knickd don't in crunch time

I've seen chandler roll to the rim open 3 times, and they don't even look at him, like they don't trust him.

I have to think phil will get rid of chandler first, as odd as it sounds.

breen and van gundy.  what torture

Melo's a 5%'er and hates white people? Probably not coming back I'd gather.

Where the hell does this come from?

In any event, there's only 4 games left with him as a Knick so we all just have to move on.

We'll survive.

We'll survive.

Of course. Knicks pick will be in the 12 range so won't be that bad to lose.  I just wanted them to make the playoffs so its a non-lottery pick.

Melo will be back.

He's gone, T0m.  Screamin Steven A has been spot on with these ballplayers FA decisions.  Woj is the best in breaking news, but with certain ballplayers Steven A has impeccable connections.  He called LeBron to Miami first, well before The Decision.  He also called Dwight leaving LA for Houston before anyone.  He's been saying for weeks that Melo is leaving, so in this instance I'll rely on his sources more than others.

Melo's gone. 

Of course. Knicks pick will be in the 12 range so won't be that bad to lose.  I just wanted them to make the playoffs so its a non-lottery pick.

He's gone, T0m.  Screamin Steven A has been spot on with these ballplayers FA decisions.  Woj is the best in breaking news, but with certain ballplayers Steven A has impeccable connections.  He called LeBron to Miami first, well before The Decision.  He also called Dwight leaving LA for Houston before anyone.  He's been saying for weeks that Melo is leaving, so in this instance I'll rely on his sources more than others.

Melo's gone. 

Carmelo probably should have taken the trade to Brooklyn/NJ a few years ago. Id imagine he will explore the Chicago possibility or a few other spots where he might get a chance to partner with someone. Anthony gets way too much criticism. Hes not LeBron. Hes not Durant. But these teams all have solid talent around their stars. The Knicks have Tyson Chandler and JR Smith.  I think if the Knicks can put together a plan to bring in a crew of above average, but not great, players like the Bulls or Nets he'll stay. But if the plan is washed up guys like Ron Artest he bolts.

Melo will sign with Bulls or Rockets.

I don't think he would've been better off with Nets because, remember, the Nets were awful the first two years with DWill. He would've bolted after that.

Carmelo probably should have taken the trade to Brooklyn/NJ a few years ago. Id imagine he will explore the Chicago possibility or a few other spots where he might get a chance to partner with someone. Anthony gets way too much criticism. Hes not LeBron. Hes not Durant. But these teams all have solid talent around their stars. The Knicks have Tyson Chandler and JR Smith.  I think if the Knicks can put together a plan to bring in a crew of above average, but not great, players like the Bulls or Nets he'll stay. But if the plan is washed up guys like Ron Artest he bolts.

Enough with the excuses...he's paid like he's a top 3 player. He doesn't pass and cries injury when he shoots like sh*t. 

Enough with the excuses...he's paid like he's a top 3 player. He doesn't pass and cries injury when he shoots like sh*t.

Actually, he's not paid like a top 3 player. He's making less than Amare this season.

stephanie dolson is a more polished low post scorer than chandler

phil, please make him go away

When he was tenacious on D the year he won the award, we could overlook the offensive deficiencies. But now that he's not playing well on D his offensive game is glaring as you mention

Archived