Jalen Saunders benched

joewilly12

so are you putting Saunders in their category?  i personally didn't know anything about him when drafted and have never liked the pick.

Not at all. I just disagree with the statement that short players can't be good in the league when there is plenty of evidence they can be. 

Why is this news?  He was benched last week. Powell was a 6th rounder for the Cards from Murray State that they picked up off waivers at final cuts.  The problem with Saunders isn't his height.  There are plenty of short players, hell Sam Mills and London Fletcher played LB and they are no taller than I am.  The problem is his weight. I would say anything less than 185 is pretty tiny and anything less than 175 pretty much makes you gimmick only.  Saunders was 165 at the combine and there are reports that Saunders he walks around at 160.  Saunders is not fast enough to be that small and muffing punts is bad business. Looks like a horrible pick, but we have known that for quite some time

Why is this news?  He was benched last week. Powell was a 6th rounder for the Cards from Murray State that they picked up off waivers at final cuts.  The problem with Saunders isn't his height.  There are plenty of short players, hell Sam Mills and London Fletcher played LB and they are no taller than I am.  The problem is his weight. I would say anything less than 185 is pretty tiny and anything less than 175 pretty much makes you gimmick only.  Saunders was 165 at the combine and there are reports that Saunders he walks around at 160.  Saunders is not fast enough to be that small and muffing punts is bad business. Looks like a horrible pick, but we have known that for quite some time

Add this pick along with others and look no further why we are 1-3 pisses me off we draft so poorly year after year.

Archived