2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It bothers me that Warren is being wasted in this role. Guy should be in the rotation.

It sucks. CC in the rotation doesn't give us the best chance to win. I love the guy for what he's done and all and I respect loyalty, but I'm focused on what gives us the best chance to win, Warren gives us a better chance.

Didi Gregorius trend:

April: .206/.261/.238 (.499)

May: .232/.300/.348 (.648)

June: .258/.293/.366 (.659)

July: .294/.329/.397 (.726)

I was actually going to ask for that, because he is sooooo much better than he was a couple months ago.

@chirorob, so sorry bro. We can still come back !!!

It worked out!  What's funny is we had good seats in the first, off 1B side, about 12 rows off the field, but real crowded.  So when it was 5-0 we moved to third base side, little further up, but no one around us.  When it's 98, you don't want people sweating on you.  As the game wore on, we just kept moving down, by the end, 4 rows off the field, not too far beyond 3B.  Very fun.

Crazy game to go to.  After the first 2/3 of an inning, Moreno and Warren throw 8 1/3 of a no hitter.  That also shows how much Capuano sucked.

I don't know who Moreno is, but he throws freaking hard.

Didi has really picked it up. 

A-Rod is soooo slow now with his hip.  Still a really good bat, but it's crazy to think he was a 40-40 guy, albeit almost 20 years ago. 

I feel a little bit for Gardner, because the Yankees got him for 1/3 what they pay Jacoby, and Gardner is the better player. 

Oh yeah, and Warren getting the save of the year in a 21-5 game.  (pitched the last 3 innings :) )

Do they have an inning limit on him for the year?  Because he is so much better than CC or Capuano at this point.

I don't think so, that wasn't said when it was decided to put him in the pen when Nova came back from DL. He was our most reliable starter for a good while, now he's throwing mop of duty in blowouts.

Player A- .251/.303/.331/.634

Player B- .257/.307/.354/.660

One of these players is in the first year of a 8 year $120 million dollar contract. The other is entering his first year of arbitration, won't hit free agency for another 4 years and this season was paid $553,900k.

One of these players is in the first year of a 8 year $120 million dollar contract. The other is entering his first year of arbitration, won't hit free agency for another 4 years and this season was paid $553,900k.

I'll go with DIDI as player B and I'll say Andrus as player A? Did his huge deal just start this year ?

#1, who is that?

#2, just shows, those big contracts just do not work out anymore, I don't know that they ever did.  I hope the Yanks don't sign Price in the offseason, or in 3 years it'll be another CC

Is player b Rey Ordonez?

Do they have an inning limit on him for the year? Because he is so much better than CC or Capuano at this point.

This isn’t unexpected following last night’s debacle. The Yankees have designated left-hander Chris Capuano for assignment, the team announced. Right-hander Caleb Cotham has been called up from Triple-A Scranton to take his spot on the roster and give the club a fresh arm in the bullpen tonight.

yes and yes

2:23pm ET: The Padres requested shortstop prospect Jorge Mateo in trade talks about Craig Kimbrel, but the Yankees said no. New York is willing to eat the entire $28M left on Kimbrel’s contract, but they won’t surrender top prospects. [Jon Heyman]

4:33pm ET: The Yankees will indeed talk to the Tigers about David Price. They remain unwilling to part with top prospects — the Phillies against asked about Aaron Judge and Luis Severino — but I’m sure at least part of that is just posturing. [Heyman]

4:33pm ET: The Yankees will indeed talk to the Tigers about David Price. They remain unwilling to part with top prospects — the Phillies against asked about Aaron Judge and Luis Severino — but I’m sure at least part of that is just posturing. [Heyman]

Question.

Say the Yankees trade for Price, and then lose him as a FA, aka the Rangers with Cliff Lee.

Do they get the draft picks?

2:23pm ET: The Padres requested shortstop prospect Jorge Mateo in trade talks about Craig Kimbrel, but the Yankees said no. New York is willing to eat the entire $28M left on Kimbrel’s contract, but they won’t surrender top prospects. [Jon Heyman]

To be what, 7th inning man?  I mean, for the playoffs, that's the best bullpen since the Reds had the Nasty Boys, but that is a lot of $$ for someone who isn't even your primary setup man.

To be what, 7th inning man? I mean, for the playoffs, that's the best bullpen since the Reds had the Nasty Boys, but that is a lot of $$ for someone who isn't even your primary setup man.

I would imagine Kimbrel would assume the closers role, Betances and Miller would set up. That's just my feel. I personally would love it if it's just a salary dump. Hey, it's not my money.

Archived