2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, he compared their ages... and this makes you butt hurt why?

I am laughing at the absurd statement of first saying "put things in perspective", and then he keeps things in perspective by using "Matt Harvey". That totally takes it OUT of perspective. It is funny. He could have used any other pitcher Syndergaard (who is only one year older, and at least has similar experience), but he went over the top with Harvey. 

Don't think he knew what perspective is. Kind  of like your perspective with Hughes when he came up.

I am laughing at the absurd statement of first saying "put things in perspective", and then he keeps things in perspective by using "Matt Harvey". That totally takes it OUT of perspective. It is funny. He could have used any other pitcher Syndergaard (who is only one year older, and at least has similar experience), but he went over the top with Harvey.

Don't think he knew what perspective is. Kind of like your perspective with Hughes when he came up.

Why so sensitive? What's the big deal? Players are compared to other players all the time in many different ways. Just let it go already.

Why so sensitive? What's the big deal? Players are compared to other players all the time in many different ways. Just let it go already.

Not sensitive at all. I am laughing at "YankeeSources" not understanding the word perspective. As he is telling us to have perspective, he is doing exactly the opposite in a comparison to Harvey. That in and of itself eliminates perspective. You are then comparing him directly to Harvey.

Oops, so much for perspective.

Not sensitive at all. I am laughing at "YankeeSources" not understanding the word perspective. As he is telling us to have perspective, he is doing exactly the opposite in a comparison to Harvey. That in and of itself eliminates perspective. You are then comparing him directly to Harvey.

Oops, so much for perspective.

For the love of God man.  You are wrong.  I don't mind a good trolling, but this is not that.  The guy's point was that even a great young pitcher like Harvey was not doing much at this age.  Meaning that in 2010 Harvey - who pitched great from an early age was still 2 years away from his first start.  He was saying not to expect too much at this point and that even if the kid didn't pitch well the other night, he could still develop.  Comparing him to Thor (who is still a year and half older BTW) would not fit his point because then he might be saying to expect the kid to pitch as good as Syndergaard off the bat.  He was saying young pitchers often take time to be developed and not to expect Severino to be Mark Fidrych out of the gate. 

For the love of God man.  You are wrong.  I don't mind a good trolling, but this is not that.  The guy's point was that even a great young pitcher like Harvey was not doing much at this age.  Meaning that in 2010 Harvey - who pitched great from an early age was still 2 years away from his first start.  He was saying not to expect too much at this point and that even if the kid didn't pitch well the other night, he could still develop.  Comparing him to Thor (who is still a year and half older BTW) would not fit his point because then he might be saying to expect the kid to pitch as good as Syndergaard off the bat.  He was saying young pitchers often take time to be developed and not to expect Severino to be Mark Fidrych out of the gate. 

What he was trying to say was "keep perspective" because he was at a young age. Understood. all well and good. No problem.

When he introduces Matt Harvey, perspective is lost. He now has created a direct comparison. His perspective point is now moot.

When twitter was available in 1962, I am sure "Metsource" tweeted, well the Mets lost their first game in history, but to keep perspective, so did the New York Highlanders.

LOL at Source-He says to temper expectations, yet he puts him in the same sentence in comparison to Matt Harvey.

I don't think you'll be lol'ing about this in 3 years when Severino is one of the best pitchers in baseball and Harvey is on the Tigers or Angels.

They have a great team. Luckily there's two wildcard slots if we don't win the division because this team is good.

Price looked great.  Yanks should be ok but will need Pineda back in Sept and for Tanaka to stay healthy. Severino "should" help but who knows for sure until we see more of him.

Not making any moves other than Ackley was insane.

P.S. Cueto has 1300 innings on his arm which is about 1/2 a career.

Price looked great. Yanks should be ok but will need Pineda back in Sept and for Tanaka to stay healthy. Severino "should" help but who knows for sure until we see more of him.

So if we had traded all of our prospects for Cueto we win yesterday and today's games? Cool story bra

Price looked great.  Yanks should be ok but will need Pineda back in Sept and for Tanaka to stay healthy. Severino "should" help but who knows for sure until we see more of him.

Severino looked good again today.

Yankees calling up Greg Bird who's been mashing in AAA. Looks like he's here to be Teixeira's backup. Yankees have a lot of games in a row coming up wanted a legit backup. I think Brendan Ryan has been playing that role. So I guess unless Bird mashes, we get a short sneak peak at the future 1B of the Yankees.

What was feared the most before the season is now coming home to roost. A lineup relying far to much on older players who simply just aren't hitting. We're getting nothing about of our 1-6 hitters. No trade considered in July would of helped.

Exactly.  The pitching is not the problem at all.

Archived