2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great series for the bombers, thoughts on the Yankees dwindling Sanchez?

I could see it, them dangling (not dwindling :) ).  Unless after Tex leaves they want to move McCann to first.  He'll be 33, and I don't know how much longer he can catch 130 games or so.

I don't really know what they can get.  They don't really need a #4 type starter, maybe another BP arm.  The key to them is health, and Girardi being able to give guys like Gardner a day off once in a while

I could see it, them dangling (not dwindling :) ).  Unless after Tex leaves they want to move McCann to first.  He'll be 33, and I don't know how much longer he can catch 130 games or so.

I don't really know what they can get.  They don't really need a #4 type starter, maybe another BP arm.  The key to them is health, and Girardi being able to give guys like Gardner a day off once in a while

Sanchez is an all bat no glove catcher. He's a lesser prospect than Jesus Montero was but a better prospect than Peter O'Brien. He could get us something of real quality. 

Sanchez is an all bat no glove catcher. He's a lesser prospect than Jesus Montero was but a better prospect than Peter O'Brien. He could get us something of real quality. 

I'm not against moving him, they have a decent chance this year to do something.  The good bullpen is great for playoffs.

Man, when Tanaka is on.  7 innings, 90 pitches, with 7 strikeouts.  So efficient.

I'm not against moving him, they have a decent chance this year to do something.  The good bullpen is great for playoffs.

Man, when Tanaka is on.  7 innings, 90 pitches, with 7 strikeouts.  So efficient.

He was filthy today. His last 3 starts now have been nice to see. 

Of course Girardi sends him back out there for the 8th lol 

Tanaka gives up 2 homers in the 8th. Knew it. Shouldn't have sent him back out there. 

I flipped back and was surprised to see him out there for the 8th

7 innings, 1 run, 90ish pitches, history of a tender elbow?  Call it a day and get rested up for Texas heat.

Friday

RHP Michael Pineda (9-6, 3.77)

vs.

RHP Phil Hughes (8-6, 4.15)

8:10 p.m., YES Network

Saturday

LHP CC Sabathia (4-8, 5.25)

vs.

LHP Tommy Milone (5-2, 3.38)

7:10 p.m., WPIX

Sunday

RHP Nathan Eovaldi (9-2, 4.43)

vs.

RHP Kyle Gibson (8-7, 3.19)

2:10 p.m., YES Network

Friday

RHP Michael Pineda (9-6, 3.77)

vs.

RHP Phil Hughes (8-6, 4.15)

8:10 p.m., YES Network

Saturday

LHP CC Sabathia (4-8, 5.25)

vs.

LHP Tommy Milone (5-2, 3.38)

7:10 p.m., WPIX

Sunday

RHP Nathan Eovaldi (9-2, 4.43)

vs.

RHP Kyle Gibson (8-7, 3.19)

2:10 p.m., YES Network

Pitching wise, that is not really a good matchup weekend for the Yanks.

I hope Hughes gets lit up.  Always hate when a player leaves, then excels, then beat the Yanks.  I like him, and hope he does well the rest of the way, just get crushed tonight.

The Yankees are looking at both second base and top rotation candidates, says Heyman, but don’t feel a pressing need to add in either area. New York has no interest in veteran Diamondbacks infielder Aaron Hill, he adds.

If only they had a guy at AAA who plays second base and looks like he might have a good bat......  

I hope Hughes gets lit up. Always hate when a player leaves, then excels, then beat the Yanks. I like him, and hope he does well the rest of the way, just get crushed tonight.

Twins are a good team! I love Dozier and their pitching seems deep. Yankees own the twins historically though so should be a fun series.

I hope Hughes gets lit up. Always hate when a player leaves, then excels, then beat the Yanks. I like him, and hope he does well the rest of the way, just get crushed tonight.

Hughes is a decent pitcher who does well in Target field because he's a fly ball pitcher in the Grand Canyon Target Field.

Hughes is a decent pitcher who does well in Target field because he's a fly ball pitcher in the Grand Canyon Target Field.

Called that one.

He is good.  I actually like the larger fields, over the course of a season, I think it is a huge advantage to your pitching staff, allows your starters to go longer, and saves your bullpen.

ARODs 3 home runs stole the show, but shout out to JR MURPHY. HUGE go ahead 3 run blast. 

Great win

It really is amazing.  A Rod is over 40, basically took a year and a half off, and is still a very productive player.  It's a shame he destroyed his own legacy.

Great win

It really is amazing. A Rod is over 40, basically took a year and a half off, and is still a very productive player. It's a shame he destroyed his own legacy.

Sad part is he never even needed the juice. Best player of his generation and one of the best of all time. Over 660 home runs, over 3,000 hits and over 2,000 RBI's. Some serious serious numbers.

Called that one.

He is good. I actually like the larger fields, over the course of a season, I think it is a huge advantage to your pitching staff, allows your starters to go longer, and saves your bullpen.

Yeah but depends on the kind of pitcher and the lineup he faces. The mets have zero offense in citified because they keep signing power hitters like Bay and Granderson when they should only be going after gap hitters.

Sad part is he never even needed the juice. Best player of his generation and one of the best of all time. Over 660 home runs, over 3,000 hits and over 2,000 RBI's. Some serious serious numbers.

Bonds, Arod, Clemens would all be in the hall of fame if they never touched steroids but they did it because everyone else was 1995-2010 and ESPN gave Sosa and McGwire the best bj ever in 1998.

ESPN deserves a huge share of the blame for the steroid era their "journalists" played the I'm stupid card for 10 years while a majority of players in all team rosters were engaged in some form of PED's.

Bonds, Arod, Clemens would all be in the hall of fame if they never touched steroids but they did it because everyone else was 1995-2010 and ESPN gave Sosa and McGwire the best bj ever in 1998.

ESPN deserves a huge share of the blame for the steroid era their "journalists" played the I'm stupid card for 10 years while a majority of players in all team rosters were engaged in some form of PED's.

Unless a journalist was putting a needle in a players butt, how exactly are they to blame? Should they have investigated a little more? Sure, but not a lot was known about PEDs at the time and the rules about using them until 2004 were flawed and incomplete. Even if they exposed some vast ring of everyone doing steroids, what would have changed that hasn't already?

Bonds' story is pretty much out there.  He went 500/500 for his career, the first ever.  500 HR, 500 stolen bases, and no one cared because of Big Mac and Sosa.  So he said, "fine, you want to see what steroids can do... here you go".

Bonds' story is pretty much out there. He went 500/500 for his career, the first ever. 500 HR, 500 stolen bases, and no one cared because of Big Mac and Sosa. So he said, "fine, you want to see what steroids can do... here you go".

Bonds was using long before he went 500 HRs/500 SBs.

Archived