2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No roster move announced to activate Carlos Beltran, but Stephen Drew is in the lineup — loading up on lefties vs. Felix Hernandez — so clearly he’s not being DFA.

Jacoby Ellsbury CF

Brett Gardner LF

Alex Rodriguez DH

Mark Teixeira 1B

Brian McCann C

Carlos Beltran RF

Chase Headley 3B

Didi Gregorius SS

Stephen Drew 2B

LHP CC Sabathia

That is a phrase I love to hear from the man running the franchise.

According to Jon Heyman, the Yankees are looking to add both a right-handed bat and a right-handed reliever before next Friday’s trade deadline. I assume that is in addition to the club’s continued search for pitching. We heard the Yankees were looking for righty relief weeks ago, but that was before they moved Adam Warren back to the bullpen.

According to Jon Heyman, the Yankees are looking to add both a right-handed bat and a right-handed reliever before next Friday’s trade deadline. I assume that is in addition to the club’s continued search for pitching. We heard the Yankees were looking for righty relief weeks ago, but that was before they moved Adam Warren back to the bullpen.

Where do they want to play this right handed bat?  SS, Second or RF?  They have a right handed DH, who really can't play the field much, all the other positions are pretty well manned.

They didn't have a smart offseason. Good thing they have a ton of talent that's young and burgeoning. They should bounce back next season with some smart moves at the deadline and in the offseason.

are any of them better than Jackie Bradley Jr?

They didn't have a smart offseason. Good thing they have a ton of talent that's young and burgeoning. They should bounce back next season with some smart moves at the deadline and in the offseason.

Peter Gammons: The Red Sox are miserable. They need to sell and they have no players that will even bring back a bullpen arm for next year.

What the Yankees should do before the trade deadline:

Nothing.

Other than calling up Refsnyder and DFA one of Ryan or Drew. If we need a starting pitcher, call up Severino. Zero reason to waste resources when we have in house solutions.

Take a good look, you'll never see this again. Dunno if anyone else noticed the white spikes Gardner wore on Sunday, I did and loved them.... they look great, but of course the no fun Yankees put a quick end to that.

Baltimore+Orioles+v+New+York+Yankees+l6_

bg3.jpg

CKTQGBBVEAAdH-V.jpg

Last night Brett Gardner wore bright white cleats, which stood out as quite different from his teammates. Gardner told George King that CC Sabathia and others had been pushing him to wear the new shoes, but Cashman said during today’s radio interview that he actually talked to Gardner about sticking to the normal uniform going forward. “You’re not going to see those white spikes again,” Cashman said. “… That doesn’t look good, so we’ve fixed that. No big deal.”

Can't grow beards, can't wear spikes they want, so lame....

Nothing.

Other than calling up Refsnyder and DFA one of Ryan or Drew. If we need a starting pitcher, call up Severino. Zero reason to waste resources when we have in house solutions.

Hypothetically, if you could do something similar to trading Peter O'Brien for Martin Prado like we did last year you wouldn't do it?

Hypothetically, if you could do something similar to trading Peter O'Brien for Martin Prado like we did last year you wouldn't do it?

What would be a comparison to that? Actually trading for Prado again? Because I'd rather just give the kid a shot. Wouldn't hate another bullpen arm (right handed), but I don't want to give up good prospects.

Peter O'Brien has showed a ton of power in the minors, though he could just be another Shelley Duncan or Juan Miranda.

Take a good look, you'll never see this again. Dunno if anyone else noticed the white spikes Gardner wore on Sunday, I did and loved them.... they look great, but of course the no fun Yankees put a quick end to that.

Baltimore+Orioles+v+New+York+Yankees+l6_

bg3.jpg

CKTQGBBVEAAdH-V.jpg

Can't grow beards, can't wear spikes they want, so lame....

no one wears white cleats

Peter Gammons: The Red Sox are miserable. They need to sell and they have no players that will even bring back a bullpen arm for next year.

That's not even remotely true. Gammons has no idea what he's talking about anymore. You're telling me some contending team couldn't use a Shane Victorino in the outfield and clubhouse? Or a Koji or Tazawa in the pen? Napoli is terrible this year but he'd fetch something, not anything worthwhile, but addition by subtraction.

That's not even remotely true. Gammons has no idea what he's talking about anymore. You're telling me some contending team couldn't use a Shane Victorino in the outfield and clubhouse? Or a Koji or Tazawa in the pen? Napoli is terrible this year but he'd fetch something, not anything worthwhile, but addition by subtraction.

I mean I guess. "The Red Sox are miserable" part was spot on.

What would be a comparison to that? Actually trading for Prado again? Because I'd rather just give the kid a shot. Wouldn't hate another bullpen arm (right handed), but I don't want to give up good prospects.

Peter O'Brien has showed a ton of power in the minors, though he could just be another Shelley Duncan or Juan Miranda.

I'm not sure what a comparison to that would be at this point, but I didn't think O'Brien would fetch us Prado last year at this point either. So we'll see, but come deadline day if a deal like that could be made I'd hope cashman would do it. Who did we trade for Headley again? And McCarthy? All 3 were real good deals for the Yanks.

Nothing.

Totally agree

He's right.

I know.   I kind of mis read that when I first posted that.  There are probably no big moves that make sense, maybe one more bullpen arm.

This year has actually been a great surprise to me.  I really thought they were going to win 80-82 games. 

I know. I kind of mis read that when I first posted that. There are probably no big moves that make sense, maybe one more bullpen arm.

This year has actually been a great surprise to me. I really thought they were going to win 80-82 games.

Arod and Tex have been huge and the rotation has come together nicely with Tanaka being able to stick around and Pineda having a career year.

I love the Yankee haters trying to act like this team is winning the special Olympics because the AL East isn't good this year. We'll see in the playoffs.

Arod and Tex have been huge and the rotation has come together nicely with Tanaka being able to stick around and Pineda having a career year.

I love the Yankee haters trying to act like this team is winning the special Olympics because the AL East isn't good this year. We'll see in the playoffs.

You know, there is no great team in the AL East.  But there are 4 teams that are basically 500 or above (yes, Baltimore is now one game under).  So there are no dogs either.

If Houston keeps falling back to earth, you are telling me the Angels division is better? 

Actually, look at it.  Only the NL Central and the AL East have more than 2 teams at 500 or better.

Archived