2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4:33pm ET: The Yankees will indeed talk to the Tigers about David Price. They remain unwilling to part with top prospects — the Phillies against asked about Aaron Judge and Luis Severino — but I’m sure at least part of that is just posturing. [Heyman]

Do not trade Severino please.

I heard Francesa, said Pineda had elbow injury, could ber series. Turns out its a forearm strain (Tanaka and Miller were both out a month with same injury)

Francesa also said Nove is hurting, Yanks say he's making his next start.

All in all, not as bad as initially thought.

According to ESPN, Bryan Mitchell is starting.  Which makes me ask, in all seriousness.

Who the hell is Bryan Mitchell?

He made one start for us last year, but he's mostly came out of pen for big club. He has a legit arm, hard thrower, really good stuff. Has dealt with control problems in past, but seems to have turned it around. He was suppose to start instead of Capuano the other day, but he had an accident in the weight room, think he hit his head.

You guys are cracking me up.  "Why is Warren in the pen?"  "That's not fair!" Then somebody goes down and we need a starter?  Warren back to the rotation and ride it out. Unless it is all lies and these injuries are serious.  Then they are just saying that so that we don't get bent over.

You guys are cracking me up.  "Why is Warren in the pen?"  "That's not fair!" Then somebody goes down and we need a starter?  Warren back to the rotation and ride it out. Unless it is all lies and these injuries are serious.  Then they are just saying that so that we don't get bent over.

Where did I say we needed a starter? I'm the one who's been knocking Warren in the pen move.. so you're obviously referring to me, but I'm still not convinced we need to make a move. Notice the post directly above yours.

@Ken_Rosenthal

Many in industry sense #Yankees are poised to strike. Looking into all available arms, as they always do. Generally a team that moves late.

@Joelsherman1

#Yankees stance on Price and market in general hasn't changed: Will stay engaged until deadline. But not trading top prospects.

@Joelsherman1

Sense get from #Yankees is as likely to add reliever to deepen pen to help rotation. NYY seems even hesitant to move the Warrens and Mitchells

Where did I say we needed a starter? I'm the one who's been knocking Warren in the pen move.. so you're obviously referring to me, but I'm still not convinced we need to make a move. Notice the post directly above yours.

I wasn't singling anybody out.  It was a general feeling that I got from the thread.  Maybe I compiled a bunch of you guys into one entity.  I think they are fine without making a move.  Especially if these things are short term-ish.  I like Warren, but I understand why they don't want to pull CC from the rotation.  This instance is exactly where it is great having Warren there.

Looks like CC is getting start tonight, not Mitchell. Might have to score 21 again.

Ohhh, CC in this heat?   Man, it's worse than Tuesday, will be over 100 at game time.  100 freakin degrees at 7 PM.  This is the one stadium that really needs a dome that didn't get it.

The Cubs are aggressively shopping shortstop Starlin Castro, Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports on Twitter. Chicago is “trying to include” him in “any deal” with other clubs, per the report.

He's got negative value at this point, low effort player.  His glove has always been awful and his bat isn't nearly as good as his reputation.

No just give Warren and Severino a couple starts each. Nova and Pineda are probably back in a month.

In my opinion, if we're going to see Severino it's going to be out of the bullpen. He's reaching his career high in innings pitched, he's only going about 5 innings a start in AAA regardless of score and pitch count.

In my opinion, if we're going to see Severino it's going to be out of the bullpen. He's reaching his career high in innings pitched, he's only going about 5 innings a start in AAA regardless of score and pitch count.

Severino would be limited to 80 pitches then you'd see a combo of Moreno/Shreve for 4 innings.

Notes from last nights game

The heat was brutal.  I heard this morning, that was the hottest game at start time of the MLB stadium. 

As predicted, CC didn't like it.  Also reported on the radio, he went to the hospital to be treated for dehydration.

Yanks played like crap.  Ellsbury turning a single into an inside the park.  I had a great angle on his catch, he wasn't that close.  Drew with an awful play at second, almost getting Didi hurt trying to go for a miracle force out instead of just getting Prince at first base for what would have been the second out of the inning.  That play didn't cost a run, but made Betances work much harder.

Certain other thing Girardi did I didn't like.  Let Miller start the 9th if you are going to use him.  Betances finally gets rolling, striking out 2 in the 8th, so you pull him?  Throwing 4 more pitches wasn't going to fatigue him any more.

Every ball that was hit off Miller was hit hard.  The fly ball to deep center, the rope that hit a Ranger, and Hamilton's game winner.  Miller was not sharp.

11:00am ET: The Marlins have coveted Greg Bird and would probably ask for him in a potential Carter Capps trade. I can’t see that happening given the Yankees’ reluctance to trade their close to MLB top prospects. [Joe frisario]

Oh god no.

Archived