Jets Talk With Fireman Ed; JetNation Radio

Maxman

The off-season is shaping up to be a good one and the draft is still about a month away. This week on JetNation Radio we are joined by long time NY Jets fan Fireman Ed.  Ed will discuss the recent additions to the Jets roster and will give his take on where the team is headed.  Fireman Ed will also talks about the J-E-T-S chant and what he sees happening to the chant in the future.

Listen in as Brandon Dowling and Joe Blewett also take your phone calls at (646) 716-4697. Tell us what you want the Jets to do in the draft.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jetnation/2015/04/01/new-york-jets-talk-with-fireman-ed.mp3

JetNation Radio is proudly sponsored by MILE Social.  MILE manages your social media, so you can focus on running your business.

I am heading out for the night in a little bit. Just wanted to bump this so nobody misses it.

If someone could bump it during the show for me, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Great interview... I know I sound like a broken record, but it is just crazy to me how any Jets fan could possibly not like that guy.

For me it's not that I don't like Ed the person. I just think 'Super Fans' are annoying.

Probably why I hate the Raiders the way I do. That whole Black Hole, Road Warriors thing is some of the corniest sh*t in all of professional sports.

For me it's not that I don't like Ed the person. I just think 'Super Fans' are annoying.

Probably why I hate the Raiders the way I do. That whole Black Hole, Road Warriors thing is some of the corniest sh*t in all of professional sports.

I agree for the most part - but Ed is our guy... You have seen what happened to that chant since he stopped doing it - it just doesn't work... It doesn't sit right with me knowing that he stopped doing it because fellow Jets "fans" attacked him in a bathroom...even if you find him annoying, I am sure you can at least agree that on principal, it would be nice to have him back in spite of those morons...

I agree for the most part - but Ed is our guy... You have seen what happened to that chant since he stopped doing it - it just doesn't work... It doesn't sit right with me knowing that he stopped doing it because fellow Jets "fans" attacked him in a bathroom...even if you find him annoying, I am sure you can at least agree that on principal, it would be nice to have him back in spite of those morons...

I don't disagree. But I also think that place is a morgue due to a few factors: Ticket prices, PSLs, and a terrible football team.

It's cliche, but a lot of the real fans were tossed when that new stadium was built.

I don't disagree. But I also think that place is a morgue due to a few factors: Ticket prices, PSLs, and a terrible football team.

It's cliche, but a lot of the real fans were tossed when that new stadium was built.

As much as I enjoyed going to every game I could this season, the crowd was a  huge disappointment no matter how bad the team was.  It just seemed too quiet and a lot of fans couldn't be bothered to stand up and cheer.  Usually spent a little more than I should have so I was usually in some pretty sweet seats.  I've heard people say how the more passionate fans got moved upstairs and I tend to think it's true based on what I saw.

Man I am listening to this now.  Ed just talked about the run up to the playoff game against the Colts.  And the fan reactions leading into that game and in that game.  And the prospect of the Jets having home field throughout the playoffs.

Holy ****, I am psyched!!!  Let's play now!!  J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Cornfed

PSL's cost as little as $7 a game, cheaper than a beer. The upper deck is PSL-free. Decent lower level tickets on Stubhub can be had for less than $70.

A lot of the "real fans" quit on the team. Just like Ed.

SAR I

PSL's cost as little as $7 a game, cheaper than a beer. The upper deck is PSL-free. Decent lower level tickets on Stubhub can be had for less than $70.

A lot of the "real fans" quit on the team. Just like Ed.

SAR I

I happen to sit close to where Ed sits these days. I see him at every game. You sold your tickets to opposing fans several games last year. Sounds like you quit.

I happen to sit close to where Ed sits these days. I see him at every game. You sold your tickets to opposing fans several games last year. Sounds like you quit.

Joking aside, I would never have pulled what Ed did and myself and millions of other Jets fans will never forgive him for it even if he comes back.

When you anoint yourself as the World's #1 Jets Fan and embrace that position from the owner, the coach, the players, the fans, and the media you do not wait until the TV cameras are pointed at you and stage a walk-out witnessed by 10,000,000 people to draw attention to yourself and humiliate the very organization you claim to represent.  And on Thanksgiving.  And against the Patriots no less.  And in the middle of a blowout.  He might as well as walked out on the field, kneeled, and bowed before Tom Brady.

Fireman Ed is a self-serving media creation trying to run a lousy mascot business.  Now he's playing the hurt lamb?  Beat up in a bathroom?  Nice excuse.  Still no apology for what he did on Thanksgiving.  Judging by how few people have voted on this well publicized poll, it should be clear to him to sit in his seat and cheer like the rest of us, no more bandwidth for Fireman Quit.

SAR I

Joking aside, I would never have pulled what Ed did and myself and millions of other Jets fans will never forgive him for it even if he comes back.

When you anoint yourself as the World's #1 Jets Fan and embrace that position from the owner, the coach, the players, the fans, and the media you do not wait until the TV cameras are pointed at you and stage a walk-out witnessed by 10,000,000 people to draw attention to yourself and humiliate the very organization you claim to represent.  And on Thanksgiving.  And against the Patriots no less.  And in the middle of a blowout.  He might as well as walked out on the field, kneeled, and bowed before Tom Brady.

Fireman Ed is a self-serving media creation trying to run a lousy mascot business.  Now he's playing the hurt lamb?  Beat up in a bathroom?  Nice excuse.  Still no apology for what he did on Thanksgiving.  Judging by how few people have voted on this well publicized poll, it should be clear to him to sit in his seat and cheer like the rest of us, no more bandwidth for Fireman Quit.

SAR I

I respect your opinion and I am certainly not telling anyone what to feel or think about Ed. The only thing I disagree with is that there are "millions of other Jets fans" that feel the way you do.

I respect your opinion and I am certainly not telling anyone what to feel or think about Ed. The only thing I disagree with is that there are "millions of other Jets fans" that feel the way you do.

Fair enough, however we know there are millions of Jets fans and we have a well-publicized poll that has only 3,486 supporters after about a month of exposure.

If the petition had, say, 100,000 supporters well then you and the blogger guy and the podcast guy and the Fire Idzik guy and the protected tailgating guy would all be crowing about the petition's success and the groundswell of support and the demonstration of how beloved Fireman Ed is.

Well, the inverse is also true.  The lack of supporters says the Jets fan has spoken and they don't care for Ed.  And I'd argue it has nothing to do with the chant being played out or the PSL process or the losing seasons.  It has everything to do with the fact that our biggest 'fan' quit on the team on national TV on Thanksgiving in front of millions of people.  He staged a walkout when the cameras were pointed at him.  At the very moment it became obvious that the Ryan Jets were over, our Super Bowl dreams crushed.  That's an unforgivable sin.  And be warned that those who get behind Ed in his recent manipulation to get back in the public eye at the very moment our dark ages appear to be ending and our new GM is generating excitement and buzz is very transparent and if I owned a Jets forum or a Jets blog or a Jets podcast or a Jets firesomeone domain or a Jets tailgate I would not want to take part in supporting someone whose self-serving agenda plays Jets fans for naive idiots.

SAR I

[Moved to Fireman Ed thread]

Archived