The last 8 years of drafting QBs. Time for some perspective Jets fans...

Paradis

No, we suck at developing QBs and worse, understanding what it takes to develop a QB.  Both as a Coaching Staff and a fan base.

Peyton Manning was developed, and so was Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Eli Manning and any of the great QBs we watch today.  Andrew Luck is in the process of being developed.

Kaep was allowed to do what he did in college and now it has become a problem

RG3 got injured and lord knows what he will become.

Matt Ryan is a very good QB, but IMO, He's not a Franchise QB. 

In My opinion, Geno Smith has more natural Ability than any of the QBs not Listed in that Last column and some who are.  He needs to be developed.

So the blame for that goes on Harbaugh right??

Too many here make everything about picking "sides". I'm a fan of the Jets. Sometimes I like to cheer for them too, or at least fantasize in an optimistic manner.

Starting Geno doesn't equate to flushing another year down the crapper. Not with a new cast and OC. Starting Geno with MM and the same ensemble as last year -- and expecting different results... now that IS flushing another season down the toilet. 

THIS.  

So the blame for that goes on Harbaugh right??

No old friend, it's not about blame but doing what you have to in order to give your team the best chance to win while developing the prospect. The problem isn't that Kaep is bad QB, but more so that he was given a contract worthy of a QB who was already developed .   It's the same decision the Seahawks is faced with in contracts talks with Wilson.

Keap is not progressing the way his contract demands, and that's the problem.

I posted this at the other board, but there's a few obssessant Geno haters who ought to take a few minutes to read this. (Note, i'm not a geno apologist). Lets take a moment to actually reflect on what the reality of QB success is. 

[...]

Great post - thank you!

Some good info in there OP ... Some I didn't care about :shrug:

You or One of the guys mentioned something about the last month of the season improvement ... It did cause me to go back and check that again .

I'm not good with the copy/paste stuff ... But did pull the last 4 games info up @Minn, @Tenn, NE home, @Mia

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/15864/geno-smith

Looks like ballpark it averages around 65% comp, 6td, 2int, low 90% QBR ... Anyone have fumbles for these games at their fingertips?

I also was curious what the defensive rankings for those 4 teams were ... Here is NFL.com's by yardage rankings

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=POST&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Those came out to - 19, 6, 20, 21 .... Certainly can give you some hope that despite being slow ... There is a legit half step in the right direction

Some good info in there OP ... Some I didn't care about :shrug:

You or One of the guys mentioned something about the last month of the season improvement ... It did cause me to go back and check that again .

I'm not good with the copy/paste stuff ... But did pull the last 4 games info up @Minn, @Tenn, NE home, @Mia

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/15864/geno-smith

Looks like ballpark it averages around 65% comp, 6td, 2int, low 90% QBR ... Anyone have fumbles for these games at their fingertips?

I also was curious what the defensive rankings for those 4 teams were ... Here is NFL.com's by yardage rankings

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=POST&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Those came out to - 19, 6, 20, 21 .... Certainly can give you some hope that despite being slow ... There is a legit half step in the right direction

There's reason for cautious optimism if you believe the new staff and roster additions can gel... i just want to love my QB again. It feels like it's been forever. 

Nice post. I see a very simple conclusion actually. 1/3 of the league knows how to scout qb talent and the rest don't. In the entire time Woody has owned this team he has tried everything in the book except spend the money on a real scouting department. Hope that's finally over.

Last year I was saying that the Jets should try to trade back & just take Teddy Bridgewater.

Would you be happier today going into training camp with Teddy or Calvin Pryor?

When you take a QB in the 2nd round & you have question marks I don't think it's crazy at all to try again & let them fight it out.

It's obvious to every Jet fan alive that our future is dependent on us finding a QB.

Thank god for this new regime.

No way in hell Mac was gonna come out of this draft without another young QB to try & develop.

Had we just looked at Bridgwater last year we would have been one year ahead at this point to go into camp & let the best QB win.

Wanted Petty this year so happy Mac traded up one spot so we didn't witness another Favre moment when the Falcons took him right before our pick.

As long as Mac is the GM we'll always be looking for a QB until we find a suitable one.

Archived