Tough Love or Best Friend: Bowles vs. Rex

rkw522

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He bought Cumar here, your most hated Jets player ever. How could he be your favorite?

And does Tom Shane know that you secretly gave me all of your jetsinsider Rex t shirts that Sean shipped down to you? :lol:

He was my favorite as a HC not as a GM.. Hey I have 3 more JI shirts never been worn maybe I'll ship them to Tommy boy.. :animal0029:

Who was the Coach that got Snacks,Pouha,Mike Devito and Mo to play well??

1st off all of them played football their whole lives....give them some credit for succeeding?

2ndly the guy with the f'd up face from Minn helped with at least 2 of those players if we are to believe any of the reports on what a good coach he is

3rdly u mention only success stories ( although I always thought devito a jag but whatever and Pouha had what maybe 1.5 avg to above avg seasons?) where are the other DT\DE that played for the jets over the last 6 years?

1st off all of them played football their whole lives....give them some credit for succeeding?

2ndly the guy with the f'd up face from Minn helped with at least 2 of those players if we are to believe any of the reports on what a good coach he is

3rdly u mention only success stories ( although I always thought devito a jag but whatever and Pouha had what maybe 1.5 avg to above avg seasons?) where are the other DT\DE that played for the jets over the last 6 years?

Pouha stunk his first several years as a Jet under Herm and Mangini, DeVito and Snacks maybe don't even have NFL careers without Rex developing them.

An owner who's loved because he didn't move the team, nothing more.

A HC who's record and major flaws you have to ignore to get excited about. Unless you only care about headlines off his mouth, not his record. A HC your owner brought in after your HC bailed and was signed to sell tickets.

List the outstanding players signed. A RB? Please don't call Harvin outstanding, there's a reason he doesn't produce and gets dumped by teams who need WRs.

You get excited by comments from forums? The ones who never had the HC, OC and players?

BTW, being in Florida, there isn't a fanbase anywhere as clueless as the Dolphin fanbase. The only one close, it's really close, is the Patriot fanbase. Jets fans are the ones who have the best chance of giving you an idea of what to expect out of Rex and Harvin

I have to agree that Jets' posters are far more knowledgeable about  football than other forums.  We've acquired a few outstanding players such as Richie Incognito,  LeSean McCoy and Charles Clay,  Look for rookies Rick O'Leary and possible Ron Darby to start this year.  As far as Percy Harvin,  we can do much worse for a back up WR

Snacks and Mo are still is still here Ellis is retired as is Jenkins,Howard Green etc Whats your point??

I was comparing Geno missing meetings to LT that did the same.. You do realize the Tuna is my favorite all time Jet HC??

Hall of Fame head coach Bill Parcells said he wouldn’t have benched New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith for missing a team meeting the day before a game. The Jets lost to the San Diego Chargers 31-0.

Smith said that he got mixed up on the times because of the team’s West Coast Trip.

"I don’t think that was a big deal," Parcells said on ESPN New York 98.7 FM. "It was probably an inadvertent mistake, and that can happen every once in a while. And they have fines in place for players that miss meetings. Now, I wouldn’t have liked it, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal."

Smith was benched anyway after he went 4-for-12 for 27 yards with an interception in the first half and was replaced by backup Michael Vick. Vick was 8-for-19 for 47 yards in relief of Smith.

Parcells, who won 172 games and two Super Bowl Championships, doesn’t think that Vick is going to help the team at this point.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/10/bill-parcells-geno-smith

But yeah, only Rex wouldn't've benched him. Most horriblist thing, ever.

Hall of Fame head coach Bill Parcells said he wouldn’t have benched New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith for missing a team meeting the day before a game. The Jets lost to the San Diego Chargers 31-0.

Smith said that he got mixed up on the times because of the team’s West Coast Trip.

"I don’t think that was a big deal," Parcells said on ESPN New York 98.7 FM. "It was probably an inadvertent mistake, and that can happen every once in a while. And they have fines in place for players that miss meetings. Now, I wouldn’t have liked it, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal."

Smith was benched anyway after he went 4-for-12 for 27 yards with an interception in the first half and was replaced by backup Michael Vick. Vick was 8-for-19 for 47 yards in relief of Smith.

Parcells, who won 172 games and two Super Bowl Championships, doesn’t think that Vick is going to help the team at this point.

Ol' Bill'd probably give the lil' scamp a rub on the noggin and tell him 'bout that time he and th' boys went out on the town and got back late for morning drills at ol' West Point and had KP duty for a whole month. Then they'd sit down at the kitchen table and share some of ma's rhubarb pie. That's the Bill Parcells we all know and love.

I have to agree that Jets' posters are far more knowledgeable about  football than other forums.  We've acquired a few outstanding players such as Richie Incognito,  LeSean McCoy and Charles Clay,  Look for rookies Rick O'Leary and possible Ron Darby to start this year.  As far as Percy Harvin,  we can do much worse for a back up WR

Incognito? Part of one of the worst OLs in recent memory? Out of football a year?

I hope nobody believes that Smith was confused over the time change.  

Ol' Bill'd probably give the lil' scamp a rub on the noggin and tell him 'bout that time he and th' boys went out on the town and got back late for morning drills at ol' West Point and had KP duty for a whole month. Then they'd sit down at the kitchen table and share some of ma's rhubarb pie. That's the Bill Parcells we all know and love.

If only Rex had George Young as gm. All of the worlds would have been aligned

Yes but he continued to work out and keep himself in shape for football.  The kid's a beast.

He's a kid now? He's a 32 year old who almost singlehandedly ruined the Dolphins. No one would touch him except for a desperate Rex. Yeah, he's a beast. No one can be this big a homer with a straight face.

Parcells wanted to win ball games. No one wanted to hear it, but Geno did give Rex the best chance to win (such was his situation) - something Parcells agreed with at the time.

He's a kid now? He's a 32 year old who almost singlehandedly ruined the Dolphins. No one would touch him except for a desperate Rex. Yeah, he's a beast. No one can be this big a homer with a straight face.

"Almost" single handed is correct.  There were a number of players and one coach  (Turner?) involved in that mess.  Initially,  I was very upset that we signed him.  Now,  it's a matter of time healing all wounds. If the guy learned his lesson,  we have a "great" player.  If he hasn't,  he'll be gone before or at the time is 1 year contract is up. 

Parcells wanted to win ball games. No one wanted to hear it, but Geno did give Rex the best chance to win (such was his situation) - something Parcells agreed with at the time.

Geno would come out of that meeting with his head looking like a Pez dispenser if he pulled that sh*t with Parcells.

"Almost" single handed is correct.  There were a number of players and one coach  (Turner?) involved in that mess.  Initially,  I was very upset that we signed him.  Now,  it's a matter of time healing all wounds. If the guy learned his lesson,  we have a "great" player.  If he hasn't,  he'll be gone before or at the time is 1 year contract is up. 

No, it was one player who was guilty of harassing another player.  That was Incognito, who never was a great player.  And this wasnt his first problem.  He was tossed from his college program, his first NFL team and the fins.  Good luck, he's a POS.

No, it was one player who was guilty of harassing another player.  That was Incognito, who never was a great player.  And this wasnt his first problem.  He was tossed from his college program, his first NFL team and the fins.  Good luck, he's a POS.

Says here that  others were involved

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/14/5411608/worst-of-the-richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-report-miami-dolphins

There's a reason why the Bills only gave him a one year contract.  If history repeats itself,  he'll be gone.

Says here that  others were involved

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/14/5411608/worst-of-the-richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-report-miami-dolphins

There's a reason why the Bills only gave him a one year contract.  If history repeats itself,  he'll be gone.

Others were involved to minor degree. Your guy was suspended and released. Again, college and issues everywhere else. From bullying to sexual harassment. Good luck with your beast getting you to the playoffs

Others were involved to minor degree. Your guy was suspended and released. Again, college and issues everywhere else. From bullying to sexual harassment. Good luck with your beast getting you to the playoffs

I do believe we'll make the playoffs.  In all honesty,  it is a little strange having players like Incognito on our team.   Yes,  we\ve had issues  such as DWI and smoking grass but nothing like Incognito's behavior.

I do believe we'll make the playoffs. In all honesty, it is a little strange having players like Incognito on our team. Yes, we\ve had issues such as DWI and smoking grass but nothing like Incognito's behavior.

I can tell you this Marv would never have sought out the services of this gentleman.

Never.

So Rex is the GM for the Bills also?? Does he collect 2 checks I wonder?? :animal0029:

Rex's own words ..incognito was a " high priority signing for me when I got here "...Rex's words not mine, he can't run from that when it goes bad....scratch that of course he can, wasn't too long ago " I took the guy who will smash your face in "...became .." Idzik stuck Rex with a crappy safety "...

I can tell you this Marv would never have sought out the services of this gentleman.

Never.

You are absolutely right.  Personally,  this is quite an adjustment for me as a fan.  However,  at the end of the day,  I have to believe that the people in charge here know what they are doing.  

No one other than Rex Ryan would. He's a POS and should never have been given a contract

As bad as this is and it is bad, the Vick situation is worse.    Human beings can protect themselves,  animals cannot.  

You are absolutely right.  Personally,  this is quite an adjustment for me as a fan.  However,  at the end of the day,  I have to believe that the people in charge here know what they are doing.  

Jeaniec as you can probably tell I still have a big soft spot for the Bills.  As someone who lived in Buffalo and who still goes to Buffalo regularly I know how much a very good Bills team means to the Buffalo community.

In truth I hope that my team, the Jets, wins multiple SBs but I also hope that the Bills are a very good team every year.  A team that the deserving blue collar folks in Buffalo can be proud of!! 

My only real concern for your team is that I am not sure that Rex has shown he can handle players who were somehow problematic, based on his tenure with the Jets. 

Look Rex is a good coach, a great DC but has Rex shown himself to be a masterful CEO of a franchise?

The honest answer by anyone has to be, so far No. 

People are out here comparing HOF coaches like Parcells to Rex.  Come on, right or wrong, for good or bad Parcells was in charge.  He generally knew every aspect of what was happening on his team.  That is why he is a HOF HC!!

Rex admitted he was clueless after four years of being the HC of what was happening on the offensive side of the ball from personnel to game situations. Clueless by his own admission! 

So Rex needs help.  Nothing wrong with that, fine.  But pretending that Rex is good at leading his team across the board when he needs significant support will cause him to fail.

At the end of the day Rex is a fun guy and his approach as a HC will actually work better in Buffalo then in NY/NJ IMO but Bills fan want SBs like anyone else and the sooner folks realize that Rex needs key support the sooner and closer you will be to achieving that goal.

So Rex is the GM for the Bills also?? Does he collect 2 checks I wonder??  :animal0029:

I asked her that a while ago.  Apparently Rex asks for players and poof, the Bills get them.  :winking0001:

Seriously though, if youre a GM making the call with someone with as many issues as Incognito you have to have buy in from the HC.

As bad as this is and it is bad, the Vick situation is worse.    Human beings can protect themselves,  animals cannot.  

No its not.  I hate what Vick did but he didn't try to ruin a player, teammate and didn't ruin a team and a season for 52 other players.  I'm not getting into a human vs animal discussion.

Big difference is most of us didn't want Vick.  Even if some were ok with the signing, it was as a backup.  You've praised Incognito first as a outstanding player brought in, a player who spent his year away staying in shape (yeah for him), a young man and a BEAST.  

One thing that makes it similar is the HC for both was the same.  Keep in mind the Vick experiment didnt work well for Rex

Jeaniec as you can probably tell I still have a big soft spot for the Bills.  As someone who lived in Buffalo and who still goes to Buffalo regularly I know how much a very good Bills team means to the Buffalo community.

In truth I hope that my team, the Jets, wins multiple SBs but I also hope that the Bills are a very good team every year.  A team that the deserving blue collar folks in Buffalo can be proud of!! 

My only real concern for your team is that I am not sure that Rex has shown he can handle players who were somehow problematic, based on his tenure with the Jets. 

Look Rex is a good coach, a great DC but has Rex shown himself to be a masterful CEO of a franchise?

The honest answer by anyone has to be, so far No. 

People are out here comparing HOF coaches like Parcells to Rex.  Come on, right or wrong, for good or bad Parcells was in charge.  He generally knew every aspect of what was happening on his team.  That is why he is a HOF HC!!

Rex admitted he was clueless after four years of being the HC of what was happening on the offensive side of the ball from personnel to game situations. Clueless by his own admission! 

So Rex needs help.  Nothing wrong with that, fine.  But pretending that Rex is good at leading his team across the board when he needs significant support will cause him to fail.

At the end of the day Rex is a fun guy and his approach as a HC will actually work better in Buffalo then in NY/NJ IMO but Bills fan want SBs like anyone else and the sooner folks realize that Rex needs key support the sooner and closer you will be to achieving that goal.

Thank you Charlie.  The truth is,  I am a die hard fan and it's nice to see that others (aside from Bills' fans)  have respect or at least a like for the Bills.  As you know,  we have taken our share of criticism over the past 15 years.  I agree  that Rex will not lead his team across the board.  Through his own admittance,  he is going to lean heavily on Greg Roman to build and lead our offense.  Let's hope that Greg's words are heard on game days.  I also agree  that Rex is a better fit for Buffalo.  He's a down to earth guy and a lot of fun.  His personality fits in really well with us.  He's very friendly.  I really think he's happy here and we are happy with him.    Buffalo,  like any NFL team/fan would like to see an SB.  However,  we also realize that we have to crawl before we walk.  Many of the fans on the Bills Mafia blog agree with me.  We  will be happy to make the playoffs this year.  Without a seasoned QB,   the AFCC and SB is a  reach.  

No its not.  I hate what Vick did but he didn't try to ruin a player, teammate and didn't ruin a team and a season for 52 other players.  I'm not getting into a human vs animal discussion.

Big difference is most of us didn't want Vick.  Even if some were ok with the signing, it was as a backup.  You've praised Incognito first as a outstanding player brought in, a player who spent his year away staying in shape (yeah for him), a young man and a BEAST.  

One thing that makes it similar is the HC for both was the same.  Keep in mind the Vick experiment didnt work well for Rex

Just as Jets' fan didn't like the signing of  Vick,   Bills' fans were not thrilled with  Incognito's contract.  The Pegulas,  Ryan, etc.  seem to be convinced that Incognito has his problem under control.  Going forward, there's been a lot of hype of what Incognito can bring to our team.  Many of us have moved on with the attitude that,  hey if he can play ball.  Incognito is definitely on his last leg in the NFL and he clearly knows this.  If he screws up again,  he'll be gone from professional football forever.  Getting back to the bullying in Miami,  I have to place a good part of the blame on the Dolphins' coaching staff for allowing Incognito's behavior to go on as long as it did.  I know those Southern folks are slow moving but come on.  

Just as Jets' fan didn't like the signing of  Vick,   Bills' fans were not thrilled with  Incognito's contract.  The Pegulas,  Ryan, etc.  seem to be convinced that Incognito has his problem under control.  Going forward, there's been a lot of hype of what Incognito can bring to our team.  Many of us have moved on with the attitude that,  hey if he can play ball.  Incognito is definitely on his last leg in the NFL and he clearly knows this.  If he screws up again,  he'll be gone from professional football forever.  Getting back to the bullying in Miami,  I have to place a good part of the blame on the Dolphins' coaching staff for allowing Incognito's behavior to go on as long as it did.  I know those Southern folks are slow moving but come on.

Well you've changed your tune!

Now if the southerners are slow, and they are, what will, your staff be when he screws up? Dumb as rocks for ignoring the overwhelming evidence that he's garbage?

Archived