Ryan Fitz the Big Blueprint as Jets Topple Giants 28-18

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   The Jets couldn’t have hoped for anything better.  In their third pre-season game, a dress rehearsal for the real thing in just a couple of weeks, Gang Green got exactly what they’d hope for from their highly touted defense, and more importantly, from veteran starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick wasn’t spectacular, […]

Click here to read the full story...

Ryan Fitzpatrick got the job done thats all we can hope for I dont care about highlight reel plays I just want to win. 

I think most of us feel that way while  there are some undoubtedly hoping for him to fail.

I think most of us feel that way while  there are some undoubtedly hoping for him to fail.

yes ... which is remarkable when you consider the other options we possess .. ready to throw now or after their mouth is fixed and again spewing feces ..

yes ... which is remarkable when you consider the other options we possess .. ready to throw now or after their mouth is fixed and again spewing feces ..

It's seriously incredible how some fans view the QB situation.  I was at camp the day after Geno got knocked out so Fitz was getting all the reps.  During drills he threw an incomplete pass, not even an interception,  just an incomplete pass...and somebody screams from the stands "That's why we need Geno back in there".

I dont want him to fail I dont want any Jets player to fail I was very doubtful he could help us win I hope I'm wrong. 

I noticed your open and optimistic mindset so clearly on display on p. 19 of the thread titled "fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team" where you said that having a starting QB like Fitz is worse than either sliding down a 50-ft flaming razor blade or getting dunked in acid.  

Reading your posts is like accidentally bumping into Kellen Winslow when he's smoking synthetic marijuana - both can't be unseen. 

I noticed your open and optimistic mindset so clearly on display on p. 19 of the thread titled "fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team" where you said that having a starting QB like Fitz is worse than either sliding down a 50-ft flaming razor blade or getting dunked in acid.  

Reading your posts is like accidentally bumping into Kellen Winslow when he's smoking synthetic marijuana - both can't be unseen. 

I joewilly12 DID NOT POST THAT go back and re-read the thread and see Larz posted that then come back and apologize.

I joewilly12 DID NOT POST THAT go back and re-read the thread and see Larz posted that then come back and apologize.

Your response was clear, but even if it wasn't you have about 200 other irrational posts on here basically calling Fitz an unmitigated disaster before he even starts a game for the Jets. 

When framed in terms of an abused wife syndrome, I actually can understand the Geno defender-dreamers. We're so used to horrid quarterbacking that we fear change and cling to those unchanging brutes that abuse us. 

So I forgive you all.  

But with that said - wasn't it a nice feeling to watch our offense last night without the odd feeling that our quarterback would do something random and inexcusable to derail the whole team's effort?

We've literally had years of such sh*te play and, like many here have maintained in the face of irrational posters (that's you JW12 & johnnysd & dude who started that ridiculous 'worst ever' thread & the few remaining Geno die-hards), all we've been saying is an experienced, journeyman QB who isn't a patented turnover machine is a step in the right direction at QB as opposed to starting a disastrous clown under center.

Your response was clear, but even if it wasn't you have about 200 other irrational posts on here basically calling Fitz an unmitigated disaster before he even starts a game for the Jets. 

When framed in terms of an abused wife syndrome, I actually can understand the Geno defender-dreamers. We're so used to horrid quarterbacking that we fear change and cling to those unchanging brutes that abuse us. 

So I forgive you all.  

But with that said - wasn't it a nice feeling to watch our offense last night without the odd feeling that our quarterback would do something random and inexcusable to derail the whole team's effort?

We've literally had years of such sh*te play and, like many here have maintained in the face of irrational posters (that's you JW12 & johnnysd & dude who started that ridiculous 'worst ever' thread & the few remaining Geno die-hards), all we've been saying is an experienced, journeyman QB who isn't a patented turnover machine is a step in the right direction at QB as opposed to starting a disastrous clown under center.

1 pre season game and you are putting Fitzpatrick in the Hall of Fame. Based on his entire NFL career he has never won a damn thing it would be great if he can change all that here.  Time will certainly tell. I was very critical of him and will remain critical until the season starts and he proves me wrong. Didn't Brett Ratliff also have a 1 great pre season game where is he now. 

I dont want him to fail I dont want any Jets player to fail I was very doubtful he could help us win I hope I'm wrong. 

this is a new slant.

And in your mind Petty gave you less doubt?  Because he throws harder but doesn't have a clue.  Lol

this is a new slant.

And in your mind Petty gave you less doubt?  Because he throws harder but doesn't have a clue.  Lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick has never won a a damn thing like I said in another thread I hope he changes all that here. Bryce Petty is damn good young QB if given the opportunity will not disappoint and thats my opinion,now we root for Fitzpatrick to win here. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick has never won a a damn thing like I said in another thread I hope he changes all that here. Bryce Petty is damn good young QB if given the opportunity will not disappoint and thats my opinion,now we root for Fitzpatrick to win here. 

Bryce Petty is not ready and at this point would be in way over his head if he started.  And in no way would give the team a better chance to win games over Fitz.  

Im not a SOJF 46 years and counting Ryan Fitzpatrick come on down you're the next contestant on the NY JETS looking for that franchise QB!!!!!!!!!

1. I didn't say you were, said its what SOJFs do.  Make excuses to discredit a good game by a Jet.  

2.  After this you couldn't help yourself and rip Fitz and the Jets search for a franchise QB.  But you're not a SOJF.  Your posts just sound that way.  Lol

1. I didn't say you were, said its what SOJFs do.  Make excuses to discredit a good game by a Jet.  

2.  After this you couldn't help yourself and rip Fitz and the Jets search for a franchise QB.  But you're not a SOJF.  Your posts just sound that way.  Lol

The real season starts in a few weeks lets all agree on something we all hope Ryan Fitzpatrick helps this team win games. 

1 pre season game and you are putting Fitzpatrick in the Hall of Fame. 

I never said anything like that. In fact, no one has. But I will say for the following for the second time in successive threads so you understand my position clearly: when it comes to a QB I prefer journeymen (Fitz) to clowns (Geno).

Don't misrepresent me again.

And in case anyone needs more evidence whose irrational with the hyperbole, there is a 19 page thread titled "fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team" - and JW12 into it like Brad Hamilton in a bathroom.  

I never said anything like that. In fact, no one has. But I will say for the following for the second time in successive threads so you understand my position clearly: when it comes to a QB I prefer journeymen (Fitz) to clowns (Geno).

And in case anyone needs more evidence whose irrational with the hyperbole, there is a 19 page thread titled "fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team" - and JW12 into it like Brad Hamilton in a bathroom.  

If Fitz plays half as well as journeyman Rich Gannon did in Oakland most will be thrilled.. And Gannon was a 4th rd pick of the Pats in 1987..LOL

uAr20QN.gif

YOU are Brad Hamilton for sure.  This is a football forum not your masturbation forum,please refrain from posting sh*t like this. 

Fitzy is a middle-of-the-road, average, NFL Journeyman starting QB.

Expecting more than that would be unwise.

The only reason we should be ok with that (for now) is because "average Journeyman" is several step better than what we've had at QB the past 6 years or so.

Enjoy him for what he is, a "good enough" fill in for now, till we draft or acquire a legitimate QB.  

Archived