7 worst NFL trades... Ever ~ ~ ~

kelly

yes they did, we got Oak's 2nd rounder, Jolley and 2 6th rd picks and all we did was move down about 20 spots and got the guys we targeted anyway.  look at what oak got- Chris Spencer and Matt Cassell.  we certainly won that trade

I believe Oakland had 2 2nd rounders. I think dom was saying we didn't get the 1st 2nd rounder

No way man. You can't argue a trade by saying "they got who they targeted". The overall quality of what the trade netted and what they missed on must be considered. First of all you don't know they were targeting Nugent and Miller 100%. And if they were this is all a moot point because they'd clearly be idiots even if Nuge and Miller were good. You don't view drafts that way. You let the draft come to you when you're down that low. By your premise Nuge and Miller were their top two prospects overall AND they knew they'd both fall to the 2nd.

As I recall the trade occurred before the draft even started, making it even more horrible because you have no idea who's going to be on the board when you pick. Secondly they received Jolley and two 6's. Kerry Rhodes doesn't play into that because they easily could have used their existing picks to get to him if needed. So they would have lost the likes of Houston and Dreesen. Boo hoo.

That trade was awful on so many levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they though Nugent and Miller could go in the 1st, they took a chance trading down.

Rhodes does factor in b/c in order to move up and take Rhodes they used one of the picks they acquired.

Jet fans like to pretend we would have taken Heath Miller(who likely would have been a bust here w/ all the different QBs and not playing w/ a HOFer), the trade itself was fine.

they though Nugent and Miller could go in the 1st, they took a chance trading down.

Rhodes does factor in b/c in order to move up and take Rhodes they used one of the picks they acquired.

Jet fans like to pretend we would have taken Heath Miller(who likely would have been a bust here w/ all the different QBs and not playing w/ a HOFer), the trade itself was fine.

That chance is what made the trade terrible. Why not make the trade while on the clock and see who's available at the time? That trade screamed of "we likely think Heath Miller won't drop to us, so let's panic and trade 20 spots down for a flash in the pan TE who can't block". That trade was nothing more than a panic move expecting not to have gotten Heath. They could have waited till they were on the clock to see what prospects were available. They didn't, which opens the door for critique on seeing players they missed out on....like Heath Miller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

actually it wasn't.  it was common knowledge at the time they were targeting Justin Miller and Mike Nugent. 

"Common knowledge" ?  Give me a ******* break.  I read everything there was back then and they were no more targeting Justin Miller in 2005 than they were targeting Aaron Ross in 2007.  Much less in fact.  Beside, if they actually let on who they were targeting they deserve to be smacked.  Most everything had them going hard after Heath Miller, though that changed after they got Jolley.  Believing what is said after the draft is silly.  It's like believing that Rex was in love with Coples and said he'd be the pick. That is nice, except the Jets had a huge hard-on for Bruce Irvin and were super pissed he was gone.  I believe they were targeting Nugent because why the hell else would anybody take a kicker, especially with the first of two first rounders.

I believe Oakland had 2 2nd rounders. I think dom was saying we didn't get the 1st 2nd rounder

That's what I said because that is what happened, but I am wrong because #facts

The trade itself was not as awful as it is made out to be.  Fine is a pretty ****ed up word to use for trading your number one for a sh*t TE and a kicker.  The fact that they "targeted" a criminal CB that sucked so bad at CB that the Raiders (who were the only team people thought would take a chance on a criminal with a great 40) took two CBs before him does not make things look any better  Not considering how good the players they got were ruins the point of the exercise. Otherwise you could saythe trade of Nolan Ryan was "fine" because the Mets needed a third baseman.  They got Jolley, who couldn't even beat out Chris Baker for the equivalent of a late 2nd rounder.  That is bad value no matter how you slice it.  Drafting a kicker just makes it a more memorable blunder.

absolutely, the trade itself was a really good one actually.  Again, you can take issue w/ who they were targeting but if we don't make the trade we take Miller or Nugent in rd 1 and the other in rd 2 and we don't get jolly and more importantly don't get the extra picks which led to Kerry Rhodes being drafted who was very good for us for a few years.

no...the trade was sh*t because doug jolley was sh*t and there was nothing to even say he'd be good. the dude hadn't done sh*t in 3 years with oakland. he was never worth trading out of the first round for. it was a sh*t move done by a sh*t front office that helped create a sh*t team. the trade sucked from the get-go. drafting a sh*t cb and a kicker just made it that much worse because the offseason as a whole was utter sh*t. just in case you haven't caught on to the theme here......it was complete sh*t

"Common knowledge" ?  Give me a ******* break.  I read everything there was back then and they were no more targeting Justin Miller in 2005 than they were targeting Aaron Ross in 2007.  Much less in fact.  Beside, if they actually let on who they were targeting they deserve to be smacked.  Most everything had them going hard after Heath Miller, though that changed after they got Jolley.  Believing what is said after the draft is silly.  It's like believing that Rex was in love with Coples and said he'd be the pick. That is nice, except the Jets had a huge hard-on for Bruce Irvin and were super pissed he was gone.  I believe they were targeting Nugent because why the hell else would anybody take a kicker, especially with the first of two first rounders.

That's what I said because that is what happened, but I am wrong because #facts

The trade itself was not as awful as it is made out to be.  Fine is a pretty ****ed up word to use for trading your number one for a sh*t TE and a kicker.  The fact that they "targeted" a criminal CB that sucked so bad at CB that the Raiders (who were the only team people thought would take a chance on a criminal with a great 40) took two CBs before him does not make things look any better  Not considering how good the players they got were ruins the point of the exercise. Otherwise you could saythe trade of Nolan Ryan was "fine" because the Mets needed a third baseman.  They got Jolley, who couldn't even beat out Chris Baker for the equivalent of a late 2nd rounder.  That is bad value no matter how you slice it.  Drafting a kicker just makes it a more memorable blunder.

no...the trade was pretty awful. doug jolley sucked musty balls before the trade and after. i wouldnt have traded a cup of rosie o'donnells ass sweat for him

I won't click that crap but I'm guessing the RGIII trade was #1 since it's all over the sites this preseason.  I'd guess Ricky Williams is top-5, and Herschel Walker, and Ryan Leaf draft trade (ouch).

.My dark horse to round top-5 out would be TB trading Steve Young.

Archived