TOJ: Mike Maccagnan Draft Pick Evaluation '15 & '16

Gas2No99

On 1/20/2017 at 6:45 AM, Big Blocker said:

ON MAULDIN

with all the focus on the Qb position drama and concerns about the CS, I have to rank Mauldin's drop off when I and many fans expected him to improve to be one of the big stories from last year.  It did not seem the least bit unrealistic to expect him to develop into a solid starter, bringing needed youth to the linebacker corps, and a sack threat to the overall D. 

This is one I simply do not understand.  Was it injuries?  His first season was actually his ceiling?  Poor use of him?

Very disappointing.

coaching 1st, added weight at the behest of CS - another fubar, hurt. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That was ridiculous. They wanted him to become a full time player, which makes very little sense. 

No they wanted him stout against the run, with adding  more weight. Inturn he lost some speed. Then they gave his reps to Sheldon.

The CS have no idea who their best players are.

On January 20, 2017 at 9:51 AM, kmnj said:

he drafted one good player-williams who anybody would have taken at the spot-it is the same garbage people did with our last gm-he is following the EXACT route-he maxed out our cap and now will do a dump of vet players to free up cash so he can rinse and repeat

Jet fans are funny our team sucks something awful but yet they say "we have talent" , our" drafts are good "and "our coach is good"-I guess it is bad luck that he were one of the worst teams in the league-now some will say we had no qb and I would say thank mac for overpaying and bringing back a jag qb who never had a history of winning any big game or a game on the road vs a winning team in YEARS

We are a bottom tier team sinking fast-we have regressed greatly this past year.

Out of all of the guys listed above only Williams would be considered a starter by most teams.

I wonder what some of you folks do for a living where you can tolerate and justify incompetence over and over again.

We all work for the government!

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Jenkins-Finished-Rookie-Campaign-Strong-/0a609c6c-96f7-4f2e-952c-cd83b1aa5bd8

Jenkins is a part of a rookie class that is close-knit and has laid the groundwork for the future on both sides of the ball. Six of the seven 2016 draft selections all started at least one game this season (only  Christian Hackenbergicon-article-link.gif  didn't play) and three other rookies received the nod as well — WR  Robby Andersonicon-article-link.gif , WR  Jalin Marshallicon-article-link.gif  and DL  Lawrence Thomasicon-article-link.gif .

Archived