Which "Bubble" Players Helped themselves in Preseason Game 1?

Sarge4Tide

Bubble Players Who Helped Themselves?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Offense

• RB Romar Morris
    • RB Jordan Todman
    • TE Jason Vander Laan
    • WR Frankie Hammond
    • WR Chris Harper
    • WR Marquiss Wilson
    • OL Jonotton Harrison
    • OL Ben Braden
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. Defense

• DT Claude Pelon
    • DL Lawrence Thomas
    • DL Devon Still
    • LB Julian Stanford
    • LB Josh Martin
    • LB Conner Harris
    • LB Spencer Payinger
    • LB Cory Lemonier
    • CB Dexter McDougle
    • Someone Else

I don't think Josh Martin is a bubble guy at all.  They paid him handsomely this offseason (for a STer) so they were planning on getting him more involved on defense IMO.  Even Stanford had a VERY good shot of making the roster with the lack of depth at ILB.

I went with McDougle, Hammond and Pelon but should've included Connor Harris as well.

Martin is not a bubble player they just signed him to a 2yr contract. He did improve his chance of playing in base defense though. 

Mcdougle made more plays last night that he had in his entire career to date. He could enter the rotation as #4 DB

21 hours ago, AFJF said:

I don't think Josh Martin is a bubble guy at all.  They paid him handsomely this offseason (for a STer) so they were planning on getting him more involved on defense IMO.  Even Stanford had a VERY good shot of making the roster with the lack of depth at ILB.

I went with McDougle, Hammond and Pelon but should've included Connor Harris as well.

I think you're misunderstanding that pay.  It basically meant that he had to progress to the point where he'd be more involved on D or he'd be cut

20 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I think you're misunderstanding that pay.  It basically meant that he had to progress to the point where he'd be more involved on D or he'd be cut

With the vast majority of the contract being guaranteed, I would disagree.  Why put yourself in a position where you could be forced to cut your best ST player and create $1.5 mil in dead money?

Archived