Jets defense was the absolute worst yesterday

RESNewYork

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

Horrible defense and they gave up 21 whole points. How many points would they have given up if they played well? The defense has five new starters from last season, two rookies, two 2nd year players, and a first time starter. I'm surprised they haven't gelled yet after pre-season.

This was Rick Dennison against Bowles and his Cronies.  We lost.  We were outschemed.

I can't believe our athletes on defense were that much worse than theirs on offense.  There were 5 plays of 20 or more yards.  That is coaching.

2 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Horrible defense and they gave up 21 whole points. How many points would they have given up if they played well? The defense has five new starters from last season, two rookies, two 2nd year players, and a first time starter. I'm surprised they haven't gelled yet after pre-season.

For the Jets to win a few games and stay competitive in others the defense is going to have to play much better and the Jets have got to find a run game. If that takes two TE's or two freaking LT's they HAVE TO RUN THE BALL. 

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Defense was not horrible at all but specific players did play bad.

The run defense was HORRIBLE. They had one key...stop McCoy and they couldn't do it. Giving up five plays of over 20 yards is the definition of bad defense.

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The run defense was HORRIBLE. They had one key...stop McCoy and they couldn't do it. Giving up five plays of over 20 yards is the definition of bad defense.

I hear you and can't argue with you.  It just sucks that one guy misses a run fit which leads to 15-30 yard run and the whole defense is blamed.

Hold on there pal. Buffalo only needed 21 points because our offense is < High School. They could have handed off to McCoy and scored 50 had they needed to. All of the proof you need is the fact that they never get a turnover score (the last one was in 2013 I think, for real), and more importantly, never ever make a big play to stop anyone. Case in point, the drive after we made it 14-12. A "good defense" stops that and gives the O a chance to take a lead for once. Once we fell down by 9 we all knew it was over, as did our good HC that everybody thinks deserves a fourth year.

The Bills had a higher roster turnover than the Jets (30 players vs. 25) and a 1st year HC. So I'm not sure the sarcasm is warranted. Might have wanted to look it up before posting.

50 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

For the Jets to win a few games and stay competitive in others the defense is going to have to play much better and the Jets have got to find a run game. If that takes two TE's or two freaking LT's they HAVE TO RUN THE BALL. 

good point about running the ball.  some teams can pass first but this jets team will need the run game set up the passes.  the whole world knows this.

38 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Hold on there pal. Buffalo only needed 21 points because our offense is < High School. They could have handed off to McCoy and scored 50 had they needed to. All of the proof you need is the fact that they never get a turnover score (the last one was in 2013 I think, for real), and more importantly, never ever make a big play to stop anyone. Case in point, the drive after we made it 14-12. A "good defense" stops that and gives the O a chance to take a lead for once. Once we fell down by 9 we all knew it was over, as did our good HC that everybody thinks deserves a fourth year.

Hey pal, didn't know we were friends. But seriously it's week one. 5 new starters. I think we can give them more time and see what type of defense we have. If you go by week 1, we have a better offense than the giants. I'm sure by year's end that wont be the case. I don't think Buffalo put the brakes on their offense and in the end the jets gave up 21. 

I feel if mayes doesnt get shoved into burris, that would have been a pick 6. And great play and hit by adams to break up that pass which led to the int.

41 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Bills had a higher roster turnover than the Jets (30 players vs. 25) and a 1st year HC. So I'm not sure the sarcasm is warranted. Might have wanted to look it up before posting.

bro you took my post too personal, sarcasm wasnt meant for you, just in general. whatever buffalo did in the off season doesn't change that we have 5 new starters on D and 2 are rookies and most are in year 3 or less. probably going to be some growing pains there. You cant expect the unit to be running on all cylinders week one. From what I remember I think the biggest mistake made yesterday was by the veteran in Skrine. That miss tackle led to points. Jets seemed to have things bottled up before that play.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

completely agree. defense is going to have to win games. I dont buy into being on the field too long. they have to suck it up. 

4 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

bro you took my post too personal, sarcasm wasnt meant for you, just in general. whatever buffalo did in the off season doesn't change that we have 5 new starters on D and 2 are rookies and most are in year 3 or less. probably going to be some growing pains there. You cant expect the unit to be running on all cylinders week one. From what I remember I think the biggest mistake made yesterday was by the veteran in Skrine. That miss tackle led to points. Jets seemed to have things bottled up before that play.

I'm sorry that your assertion that the Jets need time to gel when they faced a team with more roster runover than they had didn't jive with the facts. A quick google search could have spared you this embarrassment.

15 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm sorry that your assertion that the Jets need time to gel when they faced a team with more roster runover than they had didn't jive with the facts. A quick google search could have spared you this embarrassment.

not embarrassed. not sure why I would be. but it does not change the fact they do need time to gel. I have no idea how many new starters the bills have. i'm sure they need time to gel as well. not sure what that has to do with what I said about the jets. you're a weird dude

22 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

You seem to want them to win a few games...

All i can think of is... why?????

Archived