Should the Cowboys cut T.O.?

Jetscode1

And some people in the media think the JETS have problems...

Does anyone think Wade Phillips gets this team any further with or without TO and the rest of characters on this team?

Sometimes an owner just has to move on...

More and more members of the media -- many with strong ties to the Dallas region -- are discussing the idea of giving Terrell Owens his outright release from the Cowboys. With Pacman Jones already gone and Tank Johnson halfway out the door, it seems an opportune time for Jerry Jones to purge the Dallas locker room of the divisive forces which tore this year's team asunder.

"For the Cowboys to become an elite team again, the Cowboys will have to make much tougher decisions," writes Jean-Jacques Taylor of the Dallas Morning News. "Like whether to release Terrell Owens because there's not a player or coach on this team with a strong enough personality to bring out the best in him, while limiting his charismatic influence in the locker room."

"The locker room is a toxic chemistry disaster, with no leadership, no accountability and no direction from Jerry [Jones], Wade [Phillips] or any player," writes Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "It was a given that in attempting to solve this situation, the first three players who needed to go were Pacman[Jones], Tank Johnson, and, most of all, Eldorado Owens. Jerry talks of salary-cap ramifications if he releases Owens, but there are none that amount to anything remotely serious."

On SportsCenter today, ESPN reporter Ed Werder revealed the Cowboys are having internal discussions about releasing Owens this offseason. ESPN.com NFC East blogger Matt Mosley, a former Dallas Morning News writer, makes his opinion plain: "Other than firing Wade Phillips and replacing him with Mike Shanahan, releasing T.O. is the best move Jones could make."

"Something tells me, however, Jones isn't going to go that route," Mosley appends.

What do you think? Should the Cowboys make a clean break with Owens and start anew in 2009? Or is T.O.'s undeniable talent just too essential to the team's immediate goal of winning a playoff game for the first time in 13 years?

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/39021-should-the-cowboys-cut-to?cnn=yes

You have to be kidding! That guy is fn' disgrace to team sports. That is now 3 different locker rooms that Team Obliterator has either destroyed or divided.

Owens made mistakes in the past but not everything is his fault. Owens was a great teammate when he first came to Dallas, he just wants to win.

I'll take him on this team any Sunday.

I think there's a good chance TO will go, for two reasons:

A) If a guy is really a head case, you can occasionally get something out of him for two years before he goes off again. Doing better than that is extremely difficult. The first year he's glad to be in the league again after being cut by his last team, and if you're lucky that good feeling will carry over into the next year. After that, watch out.

B) Roy Williams is a capable replacement. I don't know if he'll be quite as good as TO on a roll, but I have seen Williams take over games with his talent. And he's a big receiver like TO.

Yeah, TO has his problems but let's be honest, he is better than all the current Jets receivers put together. Actually, if he is cut before Favre makes his retirement

decision, then there will REALLY be a Favre watch out. What if the Jets had a chance

to get TO? That'd make Favre happy for sure. He always wanted Randy Moss

and back in Favres prime that would have been something to see for sure...but

TO is probably the closest thing to RM he realistically would have a chance at

playing with. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the team. Let's be real though, I'm

sure there are tons of players that are absolute POS's off camera we don't know

about that we root for all the time. We don't have to personally like TO, but he's

a damn good receiver and can always get open downfield even when people KNOW

the ball is going his way.

Archived